News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Charger reliable?

Started by wannakatana, July 04, 2007, 12:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannakatana

Quote from: bordin34 on July 05, 2007, 07:24:55 PM
Im in Phoenix right now and the most popular rental car is the new Charger. My father even rented one. He said the 2.7 felt underpowered. It is very quiet inside and has a very smooth ride. At 90mph it feels like your going 60mph. The only problem with it was the turny things that adjust the direction of the vents are broken on some vents. I have seen at least 35 new chargers today.

Phoenix airport is where I rented the one I mentioned, a lime green one. Someone in the exact same car was trying to get me to race on the way to Tucson. I used to live there but moved to Denver for a good job.

I agree about 90 feeling like 60, it just gets there effortlessly and seems to beg for more. The great thing about it is that it also is a great regular (practical) car. We drove my wifes friend who is about 70 and she really liked it. I must admit though that I'm intrigued by the new Challenger.

When I first got the 2.7, it actually was pretty smooth and powerful, especially when passing on a 55 mph road. It would shift down and you just felt the power come on smooth and steady. I really loved that car for the first few years. Now it's such a dog. No power whatsoever. I changed the oil regularly yet it still billows out blue smoke even before 100,000 miles. I just feel like it went downhill very quickly.

68chrgrwife

Quote from: resq302 on July 04, 2007, 02:28:48 PM
Well.... the 06 Charger that we have for our police dept has gone through 3 sets of front brakes in just under 10,000 miles.  It has also been out of service more than in.  Engine died and shut off for no reason then would not start at the dealership for about two weeks.  Dealership could not figure out what was wrong and all of a sudden it fired up with no problem.  Major complaint the cops have with it is that there are a ton of blind spots on it.  Still.... to me its not a charger cause it has 4 doors.

The sherrif's dept. here in Ca. says that the new ones suck because there is not enough trunk space for all the gear that they have to carry now post 9-11.  It cannot compare to the crown vic.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

bordin34

The only other problem I have with the charger is the rear valence. No matter what engine the car has there are two cut-outs in the valence. The 2.7 and 3.5 only have one exhaust so it looks weird. In Sedona,AZ I saw 5 lime green daytona r/t Daytona Chargers parked on the same street. And on the way to the Grand Canyon, my dad got pulled over for going 74 in a 65. I think he got pulled over because of the aggresive looking front-end, which could be a bad thing for a daily driver.
Dan

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Charger1973

I see one that goes by here every day.  Its Top Banana yellow with black stripes.  Im not really a fan of the cars, but that one always catches my eye.