News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Kick Down Linkage Questions

Started by Shakey, June 19, 2007, 10:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

I am in the process of restoring my '69 Charger with a 440 and an automatic and I have some questions about the kick down linkage.

Does anyone know if the two highlighted items in the first photo are reproduced? The linkage rod and the attaching clip.

I do have all of the linkage but the one piece that I do have is slightly bent. Does that make a difference as far as operation or performance?

Also, I'd like to know if the clips (second photo) are reproduced and where I can buy them. The clips look pretty common but   :shruggy:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Shakey

EffinDuff

I don't know about just those parts but a few places have the real full linkage, not those cables.  Here is one of the sites.  I will keep my eyes open for the individual parts.

http://www.jacksautoparts.com/catalog/transmission.html

Shakey

I saw the complete assembly on Jack's site but $189.00 USD for a couple of clips and one of the rods - a bit much.

I'm sure the rod I have that is slightly bent will work until I can find a lone piece that is better shape - it's the clips that I am truly after.

Thanks

EffinDuff

I figured thats what you would say cuz thats what i would have said haha.  I'm looking around to see if i can find individual parts.  Might be something on ebay.