News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Throttle cable broke!!

Started by GTX, June 19, 2007, 01:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Hey guys, I was using something like a Mr G linkage I think, don't remember anymore, it was left over from old tunnel ram days. Anyway, the cable coming out of the firewall was a little tight running up to the blower and I was running the car the other day and the cable broke!
I guess I could have used a slightly longer cable but then it seemed sloppy.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good cable and linkage setup that will work reliably with a blower? I really don't know that one for tunnel ram setups will work really well since the blower sits a little higher but then I'm not familiar with all of them.... then again, why not?
I'm thinking something with a bell crank type down lower that in turn moves the linkage up high. I'm wondering though where the crank linage would mount low on the side of the blower?

Maybe BDS has something????
Where's Tom, what does he have?

Any thoughts? :shruggy:

aifilaw

I usually use the stock cable sliders and linkage, but a new cable that goes inside it from a hardware store, and fabricate it so that it works best and without binding.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

firefighter3931

My buddy (Blown 68) runs a dyers 671 and uses the stock cable with a linkage setup that came with the blower. Check the Dyers or BDS website to see if they can help you out. I like the factory slant 6 throttle cables....they're a few inches longer (24") and give you some wiggle room when running high rise manifolds/blower setups. NAPA can get them.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs