News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this balancer ok to use?

Started by bull, November 07, 2009, 12:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Aside from all the rust there's a chunk of metal busted off the flange. I wouldn't typically care much about something like this but seeing as how it's supposed to be involved with the engine balance I wonder if this might throw it off somewhat? I also read something on the 440 Source site about the rubber seperator wearing out inside and creating the potential for the inner and outer portions of the balancer to slip and cause the timing mark to be off some. :shruggy: Maybe I should just buy a new one from Summit. Whattaya think?

RD

chuck it, get another one.  they are not that expensive and the insurance from a new spec'd balancer is worth it alone.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

A383Wing

Yea..that small piece may not look like much..but with it being missing, you may get a vibration

get a new one

carolina charger

The one pictured is out of balance and should be replaced.

firefighter3931

This is a descent balancer....indexed 60* for easy timing adjustments  :2thumbs:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-163383/?image=large

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

bull

That's what I figured. Oh well; mo money. :rofl: