News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi push rods

Started by hemi68charger, June 17, 2007, 01:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

OK, I know this might be a stupid question.........

I have this '68 426 Hemi Charger and now that I've got the car back, I want to begin finish putting the motor together. The pushrods I have for the car are the correct for year mechanical pushrods.. BUT, I've installed the '70/'71 hydraulic version camshaft.. Will these push rods I have work? I didn't see a part number from Mopar on solid versus hydraulic pushrods.. The length of both the intake and exhaust rods are the same between hydraulic and solid lifters....

If not, what's the difference?
Thanks..
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

John_Kunkel

The Hemi with a solid cam takes a different pushrod than the hydraulic.

Solids are 10.65" intake and 11.58" exhaust

Hydraulics are 10.47" and 11.45"

MP used to offer complete sets of both (which were the wrong length) but they now only offer some individual pieces so you'll have to get them from Crane, Comp, etc.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

hemi68charger

Rats...  guess I'm not putting the heads on today then..   :-\

Thanks.. I'll contact Crane... Looks like I have 16 souvenirs now..

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

John_Kunkel

Sell them on ebay, a couple of years ago I changed from hydraulics to solids and needed a set of solid pushrods; found a nice used set on ebay at a reasonable price.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

hemi68charger

Quote from: John_Kunkel on June 18, 2007, 03:00:28 PM

Sell them on ebay, a couple of years ago I changed from hydraulics to solids and needed a set of solid pushrods; found a nice used set on ebay at a reasonable price.

Just called Mopar Performance and they have 5 complete sets left.. So, I ordered them new.. Thanks all for the reply.. Funny, I'm going the other way around..........

Troy
Troy