News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

is this the neutral switch wiring

Started by chargerman68, June 16, 2007, 10:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman68

found this in my pile of wires...could this be y my engine with not fire up?

if so anyone have a pic of the hook up or where it goes
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

UFO

Yes that is the neutral switch.I`m surprised the thing is cranking without it being hooked up.
The single plug goes to starter relay,there should be a matching plug for the two wire connector(most times just a little higher up from starter relay),and the big round one goes into trans.

edit---That looks like a `69 harness.I think 68 is different.Someone here will know.

8WHEELER

:iagree:  That would be a 69 harness, the 68 harness wire going to the trans, is one wire
with a one hole connector to go over the NSS stud.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

chargerman68

could i still use this one on my 68

Ghoste

It can be cobbled in there.  I have the 69 up version in my 67 (which is a single wire like yours should be).

chargerman68

hooked in fine on the trans and starter relay but i looked and couldnt find any connector to fit into the big blk one?  any ideas

John_Kunkel

The two wire connector is for the backup lights which won't have a connector in the engine bay. In '68 (except late in the year) the BU light switch is on the shifter, not the transmission.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

chargerman68