News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Deleted

Started by dads_69, September 18, 2005, 03:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

TheGhost

Quote from: bull on September 19, 2005, 06:36:53 AM
Quote from: 89MOPAR on September 18, 2005, 02:14:43 PM

How can it be a waste of a good engine if he's out winning money in it ?

Because he could have put it into a car that deserves a real hemi. He could have paid $7k for a 318 Charger, dropped the 426 in it and quadrupled his money overnight.

....and, he would be doing what almost everyone else wants to do. :eyes:  Some of us like being different, hence the newer Hemi swaps in older Mopars, etc.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

RD

Quote from: Ghost on September 19, 2005, 07:26:53 PM

Because he could have put it into a car that deserves a real hemi. He could have paid $7k for a 318 Charger, dropped the 426 in it and quadrupled his money overnight.

....and, he would be doing what almost everyone else wants to do. :eyes:   Some of us like being different, hence the newer Hemi swaps in older Mopars, etc.

shouldn't you have said, "...that some other mopar enthusiasts like the swap between a newer hemi and an older mopar, i like the way it looks though I have never done one personally."
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TheGhost

Quote from: RD on September 19, 2005, 07:41:52 PM

....and, he would be doing what almost everyone else wants to do. :eyes:   Some of us like being different, hence the newer Hemi swaps in older Mopars, etc.

shouldn't you have said, "...that some other mopar enthusiasts like the swap between a newer hemi and an older mopar, i like the way it looks though I have never done one personally."

My statement gets the point across, and, does not say that I personally have done the swap, only that I like it.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Ghoste

Quote from: dads_69 on September 19, 2005, 06:58:02 PM
I won't explain how it works to you, look into it on google, cause trying to explain it would only confuse you. I'm sure there are other members here who know what I'm talking about and willing to take the time to read to you.
Mark

You're selling me short man.  I understand how it works.

bull

Quote from: 89MOPAR on September 19, 2005, 03:39:18 PM

I'd probably lose a race to a blown 351 Pinto but that doesn't make the Pinto any better looking.

Yes the pinto thing is true, but there'd be a guy who drove a fast pinto, who believed it was a good looking car, who'd be the richer for it.

To play Devil's advocate- why does a 318 Charger deserve a Hemi. ?
  It was most likely bought as a stylish grocery getter, family car with room for 5 people ;   with the base engine offered, and highway 2.76 gearing,and a suspension that would be overwhelmed by the weight and power of a 400+ HP motor.

Also if it's so simple buying 7K$ chargers, dropping Hemi's into them + quadrupling your money, why don't you do that ?
Then you can take some of the profits, find new Chargers, and crush them w/ a Bulldozer, just to show your complete comtempt for them. Then pay the owners replacement value. This way you wouldn't have to lower your dignity by driving your bulldozer onto a Dodge dealership lot. :icon_smile_wink:

A '68 318 Charger for example would deserve a REAL Hemi because it is a REAL Charger and the factory actually put REAL Hemis in REAL Chargers back then. And explain to me how a guy who buys a $35,000 car and spends another say $13,000 (guessing) on an engine is actually making any money through drag race winnings? It looks to me like he's got a $48,000 hole to crawl out of before he makes his first dime.

If I could afford a $13,000 crate Hemi I proabably would put one in a '68 Charger but I'm not about making money on the hobby. I'm about enjoying the cars, not making money. You are the one who brought up the making money defense of this goofy project and I simply stated that if it were about money he could have put the engine in a REAL Charger and probably sold it for four times what he paid. Instead he's almost $50k in the hole and nickle and diming his way out. So quite obviously it's not about the money is it? He just wanted to put a big, powerful engine in a butt-ugly Charger-wannabe because he thought it would be cool. Sorry, I'm here to say it's a waste of a good engine. I apologize if you don't like my opinion but it's not going to change.

6670charger

It isn't a Charger.  It's the Anticharger.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

Brock Samson

bull

Quote from: Stratocharger on September 20, 2005, 12:00:50 PM
So where's the Pics?.

I'm guessing they are a figment of his imagination, and this whole thread is a crock.

Ghoste

Yeah, I'm kinda having a hard time following this too Mark.  Gonna need some pics.

SeattleCharger

Someone once said you can go zero to sixty in four seconds and have heated seats and a cd player.     That's what the new Magnum Sedan is all about for some people, but ya, you could make a Pinto like that, just put in some heated seats and a cd player and a blown engine, but its still a sad ugly lame car.     A fast car, but an ugly lame car.  

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

SeattleCharger

The new Charger is a lot better than a Pinto of course.

RD

*jeopardy music*

waiting for pics  :scratchchin: :shruggy: :popcrn:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

SeattleCharger

I hadn't thought about being jealous, maybe, hehe, if someone gave me a new Charger with a 426 Hemi, I would love to drive it around and would think it was cool.   I saw a black one with tinted windows that I had to walk around cause he parked in the fire lane of the store in front of the door, and I actually liked that the car is sort of big, bigger than I thought it was, I figured they were about like an Intrepid, but they are quite a bit bigger, the car looked pretty tough actually.  Sure, I would have liked to see a concept car type model, but it could be worse, the four doors thing though cannot be overlooked.   My step brother in law in the car business said they are making a two door and a two door convertible soon, anyone heard this? 

RD

if i remember right, on the old board i put up a poll and asked how long it would take for a magnacharger to get an 426hemi in it, i guess my question was answered huh? interesting.  oh and I would drive it too seattle!

bull

Quote from: dads_69 on September 21, 2005, 01:37:20 PM
Quote from: bull on September 21, 2005, 06:47:28 AM
So where's the Pics?.

I'm guessing they are a figment of his imagination, and this whole thread is a crock.
Bull, do you always judge a book by its cover? If you were here and saw the car before we started it and now, you 'd have a better understanding of everything thats going on here, sorry I quoted you on this, but I had to comment, you should watch what you say about someone you don't know! Read my past quotes about the making of this car and other posts, I'm not a big fan of the new design so called charger, my buddy here has more cash than he knows what to do with, therefore, he says why not make it better, somewhat....Yes, a waste of a 426, but then again, it would be a waste if it was put in it street rod in my book also and not a REAL charger.
Mark

All I'm saying in all this is that the new "Charger" is not a Charger at all and doesn't deserve any of this attention. If this guy wants to dump money into a POS that's fine but don't be surprised when someone comes along to express an opinion about it. To me this is no different than putting a 426 Hemi into a Ford Maverick or a Chevy S-10. The only thing this car has going for it are the Hemi and the misplaced "Charger" nameplate. The rest of it is yard fudge as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by: SeattleChargerDog 
Insert Quote

Toss up. At least the Pinto is a two door. Pinto -- 1  '06 "Charger" -- 0

RT DAVE

Nice photochop on that second pinto...
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

69pistolgripRT

both pics are photochopped....no way the hood is gonna close on that car.
1969 RT 440 Pistol Grip 4-speed

Savannah, Ga

bull

Different is not necessarily better and in this case it's just plain wrong.

TheGhost

Quote from: bull on September 21, 2005, 04:57:18 PM
Quote from: dads_69 on September 21, 2005, 01:37:20 PM
Quote from: bull on September 21, 2005, 06:47:28 AM
So where's the Pics?.

Bull, do you always judge a book by its cover? If you were here and saw the car before we started it and now, you 'd have a better understanding of everything thats going on here, sorry I quoted you on this, but I had to comment, you should watch what you say about someone you don't know! Read my past quotes about the making of this car and other posts, I'm not a big fan of the new design so called charger, my buddy here has more cash than he knows what to do with, therefore, he says why not make it better, somewhat....Yes, a waste of a 426, but then again, it would be a waste if it was put in it street rod in my book also and not a REAL charger.
Mark

All I'm saying in all this is that the new "Charger" is not a Charger at all and doesn't deserve any of this attention. If this guy wants to dump money into a POS that's fine but don't be surprised when someone comes along to express an opinion about it. To me this is no different than putting a 426 Hemi into a Ford Maverick or a Chevy S-10. The only thing this car has going for it are the Hemi and the misplaced "Charger" nameplate. The rest of it is yard fudge as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by: SeattleChargerDog  
Insert Quote

Toss up. At least the Pinto is a two door. Pinto -- 1   '06 "Charger" -- 0

New Chargers aren't likely to explode everytime someone bumps them from behind.

Pinto - 1  Charger - 1

The Pinto is a Ford.  -1 for the Pinto

Pinto - 0  Charger - 1

89MOPAR

"A '68 318 Charger for example would deserve a REAL Hemi because it is a REAL Charger and the factory actually put REAL Hemis in REAL Chargers back then. "

Guess what, I have a REAL Ram truck, with a REAL #'s matching Hemi in it.  Why?.... because Daimler-Chrysler said it is !"   :icon_smile_wink:

"If I could afford a $13,000 crate Hemi I proabably would put one in a '68 Charger but I'm not about making money on the hobby. I'm about enjoying the cars, not making money. "

Hehe, thats funny :scope:  That's similar to saying " I wouldn't Ever want a hot girlfriend, just one with a nice personality"
If you could afford $13,000 [ by making money] you could have a Hemi in a 68 charger.

Dude, before dissing all Hemi's other than the Chrysler 1954-1971 versions, why not do some automotive research, you'll find out that Hemispherical chambered heads were offered back in the 1920's !!

PS- IF I remember rightly, you are somewhere near Portland. I am  near Seattle. If you are game I'll race my REAL Hemi 4x4 , 5000+ pounds truck, against your REAL 383 Charger . Bremerton,Pacific raceways, Woodburn, Portland INt'l,  any of those dragstrips will do....

PPS- you know I only spar with you 'cause of all the "haterizing" you do about the new Chargers.{but I'm serious about the drag race}

77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

bull

Quote from: 89MOPAR on September 22, 2005, 11:08:58 PM

"A '68 318 Charger for example would deserve a REAL Hemi because it is a REAL Charger and the factory actually put REAL Hemis in REAL Chargers back then. "

Guess what, I have a REAL Ram truck, with a REAL #'s matching Hemi in it.   Why?.... because Daimler-Chrysler said it is !"     :icon_smile_wink:

Well I suppose that's the basic gist of our argument then because that same company says the '06 Chagnum is really a Charger and there don't seem to be too many people going along with that assertion.

"If I could afford a $13,000 crate Hemi I probably would put one in a '68 Charger but I'm not about making money on the hobby. I'm about enjoying the cars, not making money. "

Hehe, thats funny :scope:   That's similar to saying " I wouldn't Ever want a hot girlfriend, just one with a nice personality"
If you could afford $13,000 [ by making money] you could have a Hemi in a 68 charger.

I don't really get the hot girlfriend analogy but yes I could put a Hemi in my REAL Charger if I wanted to but I don't feel the need to compensate for anything. ::) I am going for authenticity with my restoration and I also plan on taking my family for rides so I don't think it's a good idea to scare them to death every time I hit the throttle. If I were building a race car, however, I would seriously consider it even though a nicely built 440 would probably work better.

Dude, before dissing all Hemi's other than the Chrysler 1954-1971 versions, why not do some automotive research, you'll find out that Hemispherical chambered heads were offered back in the 1920's !!

I thought we were talking about the 426? ???

PS- IF I remember rightly, you are somewhere near Portland. I am   near Seattle. If you are game I'll race my REAL Hemi 4x4 , 5000+ pounds truck, against your REAL 383 Charger . Bremerton,Pacific raceways, Woodburn, Portland INt'l,   any of those dragstrips will do....

PPS- you know I only spar with you 'cause of all the "haterizing" you do about the new Chargers.{but I'm serious about the drag race}

Do you think your overweight haywagon can beat a 383? Maybe it can but my argument against the new Chagnum has never been focused solely on the performance part of the equation. The REAL Chargers are a nice mixture of speed and beauty unlike the Chagnum which can only boast mediocre speed and modern amenities for more $$ than I can buy a nicely restored '68 R/T. The fact that DCX didn't even attempt to pay tribute to the REAL Chargers, other than to try cashing in on the name, says a lot about the mindset of the DCX executives. Meanwhile, not a day goes by down here in Portland when I don't see a new retro Mustang. And I kid you not, I have yet to see a single Chagnum outside the local Dodge dealership. They are selling them I'm sure but Subaru is also selling Bajas. So much for taste.

Ghoste

I wish I lived near you.  I'd take you up on your offer to race the 4X4 "Hemi" Ram against my 383 Charger.  It's an ugly ole 1st gen so I'm sure you'd have no trouble beating me.  Probably could do it even towing a trailer with a new chagnum on the back.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Ghoste on September 23, 2005, 04:24:47 AM
I wish I lived near you.   I'd take you up on your offer to race the 4X4 "Hemi" Ram against my 383 Charger.   It's an ugly ole 1st gen so I'm sure you'd have no trouble beating me.   Probably could do it even towing a trailer with a new chagnum on the back.

:smilielol: