News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69' Charger Rear Window:

Started by Captain D, June 14, 2007, 02:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hi,

I heard that it is dang near impossible to find a rear window for a 69' Charger in really good shape. I was even told that they don't produce any repros neither. My rear window in my 69' Charger isn't cracked or anything. It's in pretty decent shape. However, at the very bottom, it's beginning to get a bit fogged up. Is there anything that can be done to reduce this fog-like appearance?

I hope that I posted in the correct place...

Thank you for any replies,
Aaron

Shakey

Eastwood makes a glass polishing kit - it's worth a try.

They do make reproduction glass.  I think the back glass was $350.00 USD in tint or clear.

Captain D

Shakey - Thank you for the reply,

I like purchasing from Eastwood, I'll look into what they have to offer. But, that is "GREAT" news that if I needed a new back window altogether (just in case Eastwood doesn't offer anything, and/or the fog gets worse in my existing window), that there are repros out there!

I'll look around for these repros, however, any idea (contact info, ect.) who makes these repro back windows by chance?

Thank you again for your time & help!
Aaron

no318

I think the fogging I have seen is BETWEEN the layers of glass.  I don't think polishing will help.

OttawaCharger

Quote from: Captain D on June 14, 2007, 09:57:07 PM

I'll look around for these repros, however, any idea (contact info, ect.) who makes these repro back windows by chance?

Aaron
PS Auto Glass out of  Janesville, WI  has them for $350 US.
http://www.psautoglass.com
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

Captain D

Thanks guys for the responses! I've just contacted PS Auto Glass, as well as a few used ones that are up for sale.

Thanks again,
High Regards,
Aaron

Mike DC

The fogging between layers issue affects the multi-layer laminated windshields.  (And it's not fixable. Gotta replace it.) 

But the rest of the glass on the car would be just a single solid piece of glass.

no318

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 17, 2007, 02:04:26 PM

The fogging between layers issue affects the multi-layer laminated windshields.  (And it's not fixable. Gotta replace it.) 

But the rest of the glass on the car would be just a single solid piece of glass.

The back glass is two layer as well, I think.  Atleast tinted ones.  Side windows are not, like you said.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: no318 on June 21, 2007, 07:29:39 AM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 17, 2007, 02:04:26 PM

The back glass is two layer as well, I think.  Atleast tinted ones.  Side windows are not, like you said.
[/quote

the only laminated glass on a 69 charger is the windshield. all of the rest of the glass is tempered.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............