News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

trunk floor gas tank brace 69 charger

Started by charger01, June 14, 2007, 11:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

Iam changing my trunk pans in a couple of weeks and just removed the sheet metal plate the previous owner screwed down.  He had to sheet metal made brackets under it running from side to side.  Can someone post a pic or let me know how many braces and what they look like that go under the trunk pans.  whos the cheapest too.
thanks gentlemen.

BigBlockSam

howdy

there's one. i bought mine from
Jacks , A lot of companies stock them . look at pic. hope this helps. Rene

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

charger01

Goodmark and Paddock says the car requires two.  Year One says it requires only one.   I believe it is supposed to be one, but does anyone have an idea how they figure two? :-\

terrible one

My '68 just has the one going across, just like Rene said and showed.

However, I think that '68-69 has the one going across like shown in Rene's pictures, and '70's have two. Maybe that's where the confusion between the parts suppliers' descriptions comes from. Here's a picture of a '70 on Ebay:

BigBlockSam

Quote'70's have two v
yea my car is a 68 . i didn't know 70's had two. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

charger01

Huh, thanks guys, learn something new everyday.

69fourspd

68-69 had 1 brace.  This is what it looks like with the pan out.  If you need exact placement let me know and I can take pics and measurements. 

charger01

Quote from: 69fourspd on June 16, 2007, 12:19:29 AM
68-69 had 1 brace.  This is what it looks like with the pan out.  If you need exact placement let me know and I can take pics and measurements. 

If you wouldnt mind, that would be great.  I would be so appreciative.

69 charger man

as far as i knoe 68-70 chargers onlyt had one brace.. that pic with 2 braces looks nothing like a charger floor pan (68-70) maybe its a 71 or later year deff not a 68-70 floor.. and as you can see it fits in with the grooves in the fuel tank.. i think challengers e bodys have 2 braces
-ray
Ps pics is from my 70 charger

69fourspd

No problem.  These pics should be pretty clear, but let me know if you need anything else. 

terrible one

Quote from: 69 charger man on June 16, 2007, 01:30:19 PM
as far as i knoe 68-70 chargers onlyt had one brace.. that pic with 2 braces looks nothing like a charger floor pan (68-70) maybe its a 71 or later year deff not a 68-70 floor.. and as you can see it fits in with the grooves in the fuel tank.. i think challengers e bodys have 2 braces

I pulled the picture from this auction, which is definitely a '70:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE-CHARGER-500-1970-RARE-PINK-FM3_W0QQitemZ180130713896QQihZ008QQcategoryZ6199QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

charger01

thank you 69fourspd and all others for their input.  I appreciate your help.

69 charger man

Yea that is one weird car lol(the one with 2 braces).. it's a y07 build for Canadian specs...  Maybe the Canadians had some weird rules, or stipulations regarding cars from the Usa or it was equipped with  rare duel tanks, or no tanks at all, but I never seen another car like that one at car shows or for sale anywhere...even on the build sheet it says Canadian job now that's funny.. I like too see the complete build sheet.. that car must be a exceptionand i wonder how many like that were built...
-sry ray