News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Metal Repro Parts Sample Pictures

Started by jsampsell, June 14, 2007, 10:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasoline_24

They told me if you had a $4000 order they would cover shipping.

dodgecharger-fan

Ooh! I'm there! I wonder if that works for Canada too.....

runningman

I would check with gunslinger, he may do another group buy for us.  I picked up some parts from him a few weeks ago at a swap meet.  He seems like a nice and gave us a great deal last time. 

dodgecharger-fan

yep. Jason is a great guy.
I was going to get the tail panel from him, but my plans just took too much time and I missed the group buy.

If I could wait until MOPARFest - even better, but that's not going to fly with the body shop. I wouldn't expect them to stall that long.

onebadmopar

i could use one of those hoods but i have a question ..is it just the photo? or is the recesses in the hood where the turn signal goes not exactly like original my hood as 3 small recesses in it where as youres looks like it has 2

dodgecharger-fan

suntech

Emailed mine in a week ago, but i might end up with more.  :drool5:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

rare69

just got my new AMD charger hood and WOW!. I have it sitting next to my original hood and i can not find one thing wrong, its as close to perfect as your going to get.  the under side detail is very nice. A big thanks AMD, cant wait to see the fenders.

hemi-hampton

rare69

I paid $600.00 for it. no shipping because i bought it from a dealer here locally. i did call AMD and shipping from them to my house was going to be about $180.00 pretty cheap considering it would cost twice that to properly restore a old hood.

dspaulding70

The body shop that is restoring my 70 Charger could not be more impressed with the rear valance and deck filler panel that I ordered from AMD.  I am still holding out hope that they will produce a 70 Charger deck lid sometime soon.

NMike

Quote from: dspaulding70 on March 08, 2008, 05:40:06 PM
The body shop that is restoring my 70 Charger could not be more impressed with the rear valance and deck filler panel that I ordered from AMD.  I am still holding out hope that they will produce a 70 Charger deck lid sometime soon.

from the AMD site.
QuoteAvailable Parts:
   38 - Deck Lid

dspaulding70

No luck with AMD.  See message below:

"We do not currently have plans to make the Charger deck lid. It could be a future project
if we see enough demand.

Let me know if you have further questions."

Thanks!

Alan

Auto Metal Direct

866-591-8309

LeeBoy

Quote from: dspaulding70 on March 10, 2008, 08:32:13 AM
No luck with AMD.  See message below:

"We do not currently have plans to make the Charger deck lid. It could be a future project
if we see enough demand.

Let me know if you have further questions."

Thanks!

Alan

Auto Metal Direct

866-591-8309

Classic Body Designs has them coming soon. http://www.classicbodydesigns.com/products.html
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

Joshua

Has anybody actually installed any of these parts yet???? How's the fit? Just looking for a rear valance panel, rear corners and rear lower 1/4 patch panels.....I can make the rest....
I'll be ordering some sheetmetal soon and want to get the best fitting stuff.... ;D

Dave22443

Quote from: dspaulding70 on March 08, 2008, 05:40:06 PM

Sounds like good stuff to me  :2thumbs:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

sharpspike

any update on the 68 quarters. is there light at the end of the tunnel.

im getting the urge to splurge $$$$$$ :drool5:

OldGuy

Need 1968 fenders - any noise from AMD about those, yet :icon_smile_question:
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

gasoline_24

3 weeks.  I spoke to them on Thursday.  They have 40 pair coming in.

Derwud

Quote from: jsampsell on November 19, 2007, 10:52:41 AM
Quote from: Hansson on November 19, 2007, 10:26:19 AM
:woohoo:

I really like your expected prices on all the parts that all of us been longing for for a long time. Thousand thanks that you take the time, effort and money to make the best parts for us.
My Q: how is it going with the 68 taillight panel? Is the expected price like the 69-70 panels?

Best regards/Hansson

Hansson,

The excitement from people is the best part of my job.  I love talking to people about it.  The 68 tail light panel is approved and in production.  It should be here by the end of January if not sooner.  And yes the price is the same as the 69-70.

Take care,

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

Jeremy,

I have to question making some parts for 1 year only production, such as the Tail light panel for a 68, but not the one part almost every 70 owner needs such as front fenders.
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

NMike

i assume it is because the tailight panel is very close to the 69-70 in shape and size, plus it is way less complicated than the fender. the fenders are a different size and shape.

gasoline_24

Jeremy,  I love the idea of making 68 parts.  I will be buying one set of nearly everything when they are all available.  Hope you can find a way to help out the 70 owners as well.

suntech

Just a question: Is´nt the 70 fenders the same as 68/69 , just shortened off in the front?? Would´nt it be doable to cut of a 69 fender, and fabricate tha flange in the front, from sheet metal? I know that this is not a dream situation, but it is easier than patch a rusty fender. Just an idea. I guess that would be what i would have done, if i was in that situation.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

jsampsell

Quote from: Derwud on March 22, 2008, 11:20:37 PM

Jeremy,

I have to question making some parts for 1 year only production, such as the Tail light panel for a 68, but not the one part almost every 70 owner needs such as front fenders.

Derwud,

NMike was right, the 68 tail light panel is the same shape as the 69-70 with the main difference being the cut-outs for the lights.  So the tooling is more than half way made already.  That means the investment is quite a lot less to make that part.  NMike was also correct in that the tail light panel is substantially less complicated to make than fenders.  70 stuff is not out of the question.  Just not on the to-do list right now.  You have to remember, too, that one of the ways that we are able to sell our parts at reasonable prices is making parts in bulk.  We spread the profit out over many sales in order to sell the product at a low enough price for people to buy them.  So we make products for more popular years and makes since there were typically more of those cars manufactured initially.  The more vehicles that were manufactured translates into 1. more parts that could possibly be sold and 2. more of an opportunity to sell parts over a longer amount of time giving us the opportunity to selling for less.  If we were to make the 70 fenders right now, even though there seems to be a lot of people that would buy them, the amount of people is not enough to warrant making in bulk.  If we did make in bulk, then once we sell to the people that need/want them, then we would be left with a lot of one year only fenders sitting on the shelf that we have to pay for without the income from them selling.  We could make a lot of one year only parts, but the retail price would be too high for most of the people that need/want them just to cover the costs involved in making them.  We want to make and sell parts - that's what we are in business for - but from a business perspective right now, we just can't make some products.  I hope this answers your question well enough.  I'm sure there will be people with other things to add or say about this.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

Hemidog

Took some pics with my lousy camera.
As far as I can tell, the fitment is better than anything i've worked with! really straight!