News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Metal Repro Parts Sample Pictures

Started by jsampsell, June 14, 2007, 10:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcoastdodge

Quote from: jsampsell on September 20, 2007, 01:03:50 PM
Alright folks, I have pictures of the Charger fenders being test-fit (along with our hood).  Yes, the fenders in the pictures are for the 69 but since the only difference in the 68 and 69 fenders is the location of the side marker light holes, I am just posting these pictures.

Remember that these are just our first samples and that they are not final production pieces.  You can see in the pictures that they fit very well but I was not told where we are at in the test-fit/approval process.  If there are some things about the fenders that need to be fixed then it will delay the availability.  My guess, based on the pictures, is that we should have them by the end of the year.  But don't hold me to that.  We've got over 400 new parts coming for A, B and E-body cars and we only have one R&D guy.  I say that to say again that we are doing our best to get everything out as quickly as possible but we are not going to compromise quality for availability.

Here are the pictures.  Let me know if you have any questions.  I'll try to answer all questions as quickly as possible. 

Forgive me in advance if it takes some time.  They won't pay me if I don't do any work.   :yesnod:

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

When are we gonna see complete bodyshells  :2thumbs:
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

69bronzeT5

Complete bodyshells???? Probally in about 10 years :lol:

Any idea on pricing for fenders??? :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

HemiDave

Hmmm...the $300 69 Charger shell that I passed on because it needed quarters is still there...hmmmm.... :scratchchin:

70 Roadrunner/Superbird quarters are needed, too!! :2thumbs: :popcrn:

Dave
68 Charger R/T 440, auto

68_R/T_Eric

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dakotaboy

jsampsell

Hey guys!  Sorry it has been so long for me to get back with a lot of you.  I can't answer any questions today but I will do my best to answer any questions that I have not answered yet by the end of the week.  Feel free to email me, too.  jeremy_at_autometaldirect_dot_com.

Jeremy

AdamMopar

Looks great.  I'm looking forward to purchasing a hood and two fenders.   :icon_smile_big:  Adam

poppa

Well,I just got back from body and paint and what they found under my paint.........was not what I was hoping for.I need to know when front fenders,quarter skins and a rear valance will be available and prices.And on the bright side......

before and now
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

70charger_boy

Oh poppa, what was wrong with your car,before?   That car looks sweet!!!  That's the same color combo I'm going with mine

charger_mike75

Khyron

Quote from: suntech on September 23, 2007, 03:17:25 AM
The AMD parts are made overseas, and i cant see any reason that the production country should automatically tell us that the parts are not as good quality as parts made in the US.
It is the people behind the project that decide how things are going to get done, and QC that deside what is good to sell!!!
In this case it all come down to finish, fitment and steel gauge. That is 3 very easy things to check!!!
Will be interresting to compare the different parts when they are available.
Todays cars is putted together of parts made all over the world. And electronic parts................... Take a part inside a electronic part of a US brand, lets say a TV or stereo. Do you think it is made in the US?? There is a big chance that it ain´t.
I work in a company that make parts for the oil buisness, at the QC and testing dep. and i have seen good and bad things made all over the world.
Where in the world do you guys think there is the biggest chance of having a worker showing up, with a sizable hangover, and do a crappy job for most of the day, and still be employed there when the day is over???

Labor costs and eficciancy is the is the reason for the low prices in the far east.

I;m gonna go out on a limb here. I said it before and I'll say it again. For $700ish and Quality product. I  don't care where they are made, Despite my head bumping with Dodge Dan in the other thread. I will agree with him here. If they are a nice quality quarter. I don't care where they are made. I will be buying 2 of them and shelving them in case I ever need them. I try to buy American when I can, but not if the American counterpart is that much more expensive.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

poppa

I too would like to buy American but , my budget just went up.

70chargerboy,it didn't look as good close up in person.It was probably never buffed out,orange peel,chips,etc.The bottom quarter right in front of the wheel,drivers,was showing the rust out.I was hoping it was going to be better under the paint .But doesn't everyone....
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

70charger_boy

Quote from: poppa on November 17, 2007, 09:56:13 PM
I too would like to buy American but , my budget just went up.

70chargerboy,it didn't look as good close up in person.It was probably never buffed out,orange peel,chips,etc.The bottom quarter right in front of the wheel,drivers,was showing the rust out.I was hoping it was going to be better under the paint .But doesn't everyone....

Yeah, I feel your pain.  I think they all look good in the photos.

jsampsell

A lot of people have wanted to know more information on the fenders and some other parts.  Well, here's what I have for now.  We should have a complete list on our new website as soon as it is done.  Hopefully very soon, too.

Fenders are due in January.  We have approved the 68s but we are awaiting a refit on the 69s so the 69s could possibly run into February, but they still could make it by January.  Pricing is not truly set yet but the expected price is $589.95 per side.

Quarter panels should be available in February with the chance of going further out than that.  These are the most complex quarters to reproduce, so they have taken some time.  We are making the full OE-style quarters, not the skins or patches.  Again, price is not truly set but the expected price is $689.95 per side.

Rear valances are coming, too.  They are expected to be here by February with an expected price of $199.95.  They will be available in these versions:  68 without light holes and 69-70 with light holes.

This is the challenge of a company like ours trying to make parts this popular available for anxiously waiting people like yall:  We want to let you know that we are making these products so that you can make your project plans accordingly but there can be many things that delay the availability of a part.  So, I know I don't know any of you and none of you know me, but if you think about this strictly from a business perspective, trust me, we REALLY want to make our parts available for sale as quickly as possible.  We have put a lot of time and money into making these parts and the sooner we can get them selling, the better for us.  BUT...we have over 400 parts coming for B and E bodies (some but very little A-body) and if we want people to buy other parts from us, we need to make sure we produce quality products at reasonable prices.  That quality that we are after is the cause of a delay almost 99% of the time.  I know that most of you already understand this and that I'm preaching to the choir so to speak, but I just wanted to let everybody know that we are doing our best to get parts and information about parts to you as quickly as we can.

Any questions, let me know.  I'd rather you ask than to jump to conclusions about anything.

By the way, thanks to all of you that have purchased our products so far.  We've received a lot of great feedback from you.  It is really great to hear from people that are pleased with our parts.  That is really the indication of how well our business will do in the future, so we really appreciate the feedback.

Also, I see that a lot of you are answering a lot of questions that I have not been able to get to.  I really appreciate it.  I'll do my best to keep up with all the future questions.  Let me know if I have not answered any questions thus far, too.  I don't want to leave anybody out.

Take care,

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

Hansson

:woohoo:

I really like your expected prices on all the parts that all of us been longing for for a long time. Thousand thanks that you take the time, effort and money to make the best parts for us.
My Q: how is it going with the 68 taillight panel? Is the expected price like the 69-70 panels?

Best regards/Hansson

Sweden. Karlstad

jsampsell

Quote from: Hansson on November 19, 2007, 10:26:19 AM
:woohoo:

I really like your expected prices on all the parts that all of us been longing for for a long time. Thousand thanks that you take the time, effort and money to make the best parts for us.
My Q: how is it going with the 68 taillight panel? Is the expected price like the 69-70 panels?

Best regards/Hansson

Hansson,

The excitement from people is the best part of my job.  I love talking to people about it.  The 68 tail light panel is approved and in production.  It should be here by the end of January if not sooner.  And yes the price is the same as the 69-70.

Take care,

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

Hansson

Thanks for the good news, my Charger will be glad to hear that.
Is rear crossmember on your "to do" list?
And the website, like to see pics on parts that is on the way/under construction.

Thanks/Hansson
Sweden. Karlstad

jsampsell

Quote from: Hansson on November 19, 2007, 10:59:48 AM
Thanks for the good news, my Charger will be glad to hear that.
Is rear crossmember on your "to do" list?
And the website, like to see pics on parts that is on the way/under construction.

Thanks/Hansson

Upper rear crossmember (AKA - shock mount crossmember) and rear crossmember are expected to be here by March.  Upper expected to be $249.95 and rear expected to be $199.95.

As far as the website goes, we will probably start by just having the information but then put pictures of the products as they come in and are being test fit.  That's the plan anyway.  We are not far from having it up and running.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct

squeakfinder

Cool! This is gonna save allot of second generation Chargers that haven't allready been scraped. :2thumbs:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Lurker

front fenders approved for the 68's  :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :nixon: :notworthy: :notworthy: :boogie: :icon_smile: januarys only a few days away right? can i order now? lol
1968 xp29 charger thats now rust free.. and trunk free and floorboard and quarterpanel free.
1972 b5/b5 318 barracuda patently waiting its turn.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663667

Charger Aficionado

PocketThunder

Quote from: jsampsell on November 19, 2007, 09:24:11 AM
Quarter panels should be available in February with the chance of going further out than that.  These are the most complex quarters to reproduce, so they have taken some time.  We are making the full OE-style quarters, not the skins or patches.  Again, price is not truly set but the expected price is $689.95 per side.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

Put me down for a set of QP's for my C500!!!   :yesnod:   :woohoo: :woohoo:

If you guys keep it up i'm gonna have to resurrect this one, a 69 SE.  :o

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

70 Charger RT

Ouch!!  You sure have your work cut out for you there. :o
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

JerseyJoe

Quote from: jsampsell on November 19, 2007, 09:24:11 AM

:drool5:  Almost here!!!    Thanks for keeping us posted on these.  Any plans on a waiting list or will there be a bunch coming?  :drool5:
                                           JJ