News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Metal Repro Parts Sample Pictures

Started by jsampsell, June 14, 2007, 10:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suntech

I am from Norway, and my car is sitting in Reading, PA, waiting for the AMD parts to be available, and ship them together. I was told at some point that they were hoping to have the rears 1/4´s ready end of october, but they did´nt dare to promise an exacte date, wich i think is honest and fair! I am getting a bunch of parts from them, like front fenders and doorshells, so i need to be a little more patient. All the parts i am getting, will not be available before march!!!
If you are in a desperate rush, the guy that bought the program from Hardcore Racing, has them ready to ship now. Kinda pricy though. 2495usd each, incl shipping.
Will be interresting when both has the parts out, so we can compare an apple for an apple!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

69bronzeT5

All these parts coming out are deffintley going to help me with my 69. Does anybody make a torsion bar crossmember? :popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

AirborneSilva

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 22, 2007, 06:38:18 PM
All these parts coming out are deffintley going to help me with my 69. Does anybody make a torsion bar crossmember? :popcrn:

Yeah I'd be interested to hear the answer to this!

hemi-hampton

I think I've seen a Torsion Bar Crossmember But it may have been for the E-Body's only? LEON.

hemi-hampton

Jeremy, Are your Parts made in the U.S.A.? or Overseas? Curious? :scratchchin: LEON.

suntech

The AMD parts are made overseas, and i cant see any reason that the production country should automatically tell us that the parts are not as good quality as parts made in the US.
It is the people behind the project that decide how things are going to get done, and QC that deside what is good to sell!!!
In this case it all come down to finish, fitment and steel gauge. That is 3 very easy things to check!!!
Will be interresting to compare the different parts when they are available.
Todays cars is putted together of parts made all over the world. And electronic parts................... Take a part inside a electronic part of a US brand, lets say a TV or stereo. Do you think it is made in the US?? There is a big chance that it ain´t.
I work in a company that make parts for the oil buisness, at the QC and testing dep. and i have seen good and bad things made all over the world.
Where in the world do you guys think there is the biggest chance of having a worker showing up, with a sizable hangover, and do a crappy job for most of the day, and still be employed there when the day is over???

Labor costs and eficciancy is the is the reason for the low prices in the far east.

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Dodge Don

I've said it a million times......"Made in USA" is not a statememt of quality.....it is a marketing slogan. Everybody makes garbage of something, everybody makes the best of something......if the part is nice and fits and high quality then I do not care a hoot where it was made.

We do the "Made in Canada" thing here as well....it is marketing trying to play on the consumers sense of patriotism. Pure and simple.

hemi-hampton

Hmmm, I'm sensing my Question sparked some hostilty in here. I know a company that makes high quality full 1/4 panels here in U.S.A  or Detroit area that sell in the Goodmark Catalog for $400.00 SO, Just my opinion since I live in U.S.A & not Canada, Mexico, Phillipines, South America, Central America, Taiwan, China, ect, ect, If i can buy the same quality part for $400 made in U.S.A as the same part made in Taiwan or China for $400 Then I'm going to be Patriotic & buy the USA made part. Even if China Part was $350 I'm still buying the USA made part. I think the same parts can be made here for same price, The only differance is the owner of the company overseas would be making more profit the the owner here.  :Twocents: :scratchchin:  LEON.

Charger_Fan

:nana:

I too, would still rather have Charger parts made in the US (or Canada), if it's all right with you guys. They can repop all the ricer parts they want in China, or wherever & I'll not utter one peep.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

70charger_boy

Dodge Don

Quote from: Dodge Don on September 23, 2007, 08:37:33 AM
I've said it a million times......"Made in USA" is not a statememt of quality.....it is a marketing slogan. Everybody makes garbage of something, everybody makes the best of something......if the part is nice and fits and high quality then I do not care a hoot where it was made.

We do the "Made in Canada" thing here as well....it is marketing trying to play on the consumers sense of patriotism. Pure and simple.

Wasn't taking shots here....just saying is all.

hemi-hampton

ChargerBoy, Looks like your about to have a Brain Hemmorage :scratchchin:

70charger_boy

375instroke

Quote from: bull on July 02, 2007, 06:16:34 PM
Wow! Awesome stuff! Will you be charging Hemi prices or 318 prices? :icon_smile_big:
I think Chrysler charges around $3000 for a new 318, don't they?

Khyron

I thought the "Made in the U.S.A." company wanted $2500 for a quarter  ::)

I'll buy the china ones this time...  :nana: at least then I could call my Charger a lead sled  :smilielol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Mike DC

it occurs to me that 1970 Charger fenders are only model-specific during the first 10-15 inches of the shape at the most.  It still might actually be worth getting an aftermarket 1968/69 fender just to splice in the front of a 1970 fender.   

Some of you will shake your heads at this idea, but just wait.  There have been other cars in the past where even chunks of fenders became worth money because of the sheer supply/demand issues.  If you just want a decent 1970 driver and there's never gonna be any repros, this may be what starts happening. 

PocketThunder

Quote from: jsampsell on September 20, 2007, 01:03:50 PM
Alright folks, I have pictures of the Charger fenders being test-fit (along with our hood).  Yes, the fenders in the pictures are for the 69 but since the only difference in the 68 and 69 fenders is the location of the side marker light holes, I am just posting these pictures.

Remember that these are just our first samples and that they are not final production pieces.  You can see in the pictures that they fit very well but I was not told where we are at in the test-fit/approval process.  If there are some things about the fenders that need to be fixed then it will delay the availability.  My guess, based on the pictures, is that we should have them by the end of the year.  But don't hold me to that.  We've got over 400 new parts coming for A, B and E-body cars and we only have one R&D guy.  I say that to say again that we are doing our best to get everything out as quickly as possible but we are not going to compromise quality for availability.

Here are the pictures.  Let me know if you have any questions.  I'll try to answer all questions as quickly as possible. 

Forgive me in advance if it takes some time.  They won't pay me if I don't do any work.   :yesnod:

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

Holy Crap!!   My 69 SE parts car just might become a restoration candidate  :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Magnumcharger

I need inner front fenders (shear panels) right now!!
Hurry the F@*K up!! :lol:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

69bronzeT5

Hurry up, I need a left fender, quarters, front floor pans, rear crossmember, torsion bar crossmember, rear frame rails and a rear valance!! :smilielol:. I can wait, my 69 is gonna be ready to go to the body shop in about Marchish 08 (so Ive been told). Any idea on prices for the fenders and frame rails? :shruggy: :popcrn:

69bronzeT5

Hey Troy/mods...I think we should sticky this thread :shruggy:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

squeakfinder

They do have a down loadable mopar Flyer..........

http://www.autometaldirect.com/
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

AirborneSilva

AirborneSilva

Hey Jeremy,

Any idea when the floor pans are going to be coming out?  How you surviving without your Ram? 

69bronzeT5

Any idea about the frame rails?? When abouts are they coming out?? Fenders?? :popcrn: