News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Metal Repro Parts Sample Pictures

Started by jsampsell, June 14, 2007, 10:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleCharger

Will someone come over and run into my old charger?  make sure to hit it on both sides,

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

squeakfinder

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on January 08, 2008, 07:11:52 PM
Will someone come over and run into my old charger?  make sure to hit it on both sides,

Thats what I was thinking. I'll hit yours if you hit mine. :pity:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Death1970Proof

Are the fenders available yet? Im glad somebody is tooling these up so that way all those people on ebay can forget us having to mortage our house to get one fender!  :flame:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

PocketThunder

Quote from: rotsparts on January 08, 2008, 08:39:26 PM
Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on January 08, 2008, 07:11:52 PM

Thats what I was thinking. I'll hit yours if you hit mine. :pity:

:rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:  THATS AWESOME!   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Dave22443

Maybe they should just back into each other  :smilielol:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

squeakfinder

Quote from: Dave22443 on January 09, 2008, 03:56:48 PM

:scratchchin:

Yeah, Being that mine runs, I'll probably have to drive to Seattle and do all the backing into....
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

SeattleCharger

Quote from: squeakfinder on January 09, 2008, 07:38:24 PM
Quote from: Dave22443 on January 09, 2008, 03:56:48 PM

:scratchchin:

Yeah, Being that mine runs, I'll probably have to drive to Seattle and do all the backing into....

:icon_smile_blackeye:     heh, thanks, I'll help pay for the gas

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

jsampsell

Quote from: Death1970Proof on January 08, 2008, 08:41:22 PM
Are the fenders available yet? Im glad somebody is tooling these up so that way all those people on ebay can forget us having to mortage our house to get one fender!  :flame:

Death1970Proof,

Fenders are very, very close to being put into production.  I've been told that they are about 98% ready.  That means, though, that we will get another sample to test-fit before approving them for production.  From the day that we approve them for production, we typically see them here at the warehouse within 45(+/-) days.  So, if we don't get the final sample to test-fit until the end of this month, we're looking at March.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

ChargerSG

Ok, better late than never :icon_smile_big: Thanks For letting us know :cheers:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Death1970Proof

Quote from: jsampsell on January 10, 2008, 12:22:36 PM
Quote from: Death1970Proof on January 08, 2008, 08:41:22 PM

Death1970Proof,

Fenders are very, very close to being put into production.  I've been told that they are about 98% ready.  That means, though, that we will get another sample to test-fit before approving them for production.  From the day that we approve them for production, we typically see them here at the warehouse within 45(+/-) days.  So, if we don't get the final sample to test-fit until the end of this month, we're looking at March.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

This is great news. While not cheap, Id call this reasonable for a new fender. $750 a piece for used fenders is a JOKE . Kudos to you for getting the ball rolling on this.  :2thumbs:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

gasoline_24

Unfortunately it appears that all of these are on hold and are going to be late.   :icon_smile_angry:  I was hoping they would be ready as mine is on hold pending quarters, trunk pan and fenders.  Patiently waiting.

jsampsell

Quote from: gasoline_24 on January 11, 2008, 04:17:29 PM
Unfortunately it appears that all of these are on hold and are going to be late.   :icon_smile_angry:  I was hoping they would be ready as mine is on hold pending quarters, trunk pan and fenders.  Patiently waiting.

gasonline_24,

We were also hoping everything would be on time but that's just the nature of this business.  Different parts get delayed for different reasons all the time.  And we are doing over 400 parts (A, B and E-body combined).  So, I know that we won't fit into a lot of people's schedules for their projects and I know that it is very frustrating when things are delayed.  I apologize.  We are working very hard to get our parts out as quickly as possible but we are not going to sacrafice quality for availability.  We will hold something up if it is not up to the standard that we want our parts and our company known for. 

After reading that last sentence some of you may be thinking something like, "Yeah, but they are slowly becoming known for delayed products instead of their quality."  I understand how that can look.  The purpose of coming on this forum and letting everyone know that we were making these parts was to let people know that they will soon have options for their sheet metal.  There's no way we could have promised parts out at specific times due to the nature of the process and we've tried to be very upfront about dates being expected and not definite.  Some people like being told that parts are becoming available.  Others would rather companies like us wait until the parts are actually available before posting about them.  We preferred to let people know we were making the parts.

Again, I apologize to all of you who are held up due to waiting on our products to become available.  We really do want to sell our parts to you.  Hang in there if you can and I am certain that you will be very happy with our products, their pricing and the amount of time and money you will save by having brand new, high quality parts to put on your cars.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: jsampsell on January 11, 2008, 06:20:41 PM
Again, I apologize to all of you who are held up due to waiting on our products to become available.  We really do want to sell our parts to you.  Hang in there if you can and I am certain that you will be very happy with our products, their pricing and the amount of time and money you will save by having brand new, high quality parts to put on your cars.

Jeremy - I called this morning to check with you on the status of the trunk floor, and spoke with another salesman since you were out attending to important business... hope things went well today!  After talking to one salesman, he offered to get another that he thought might know more on the status of the needed parts.

Instead, the owner ended up answering the phone and he was very helpful on the status of parts.  I really enjoyed the conversation, and it turns out we were in the same club "in the days dinosaurs roamed the earth" (his words).  Even more amazing was that he remembered me!  :faint:

Bottom line is that I am convinced that AMD will deliver quality parts as quickly as reasonably can be expected, and any delays are for very good reasons.  I will wait, knowing the delays will be short term... and the parts will be well worth the wait.

BTW, I gave you a well deserved  :2thumbs: when I talked to the owner... THANKS FOR VISITING OUR FORUM AND ANSWERING QUESTIONS!

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Blakcharger440

Quote from: jsampsell on September 20, 2007, 08:30:28 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 19, 2007, 10:33:42 PM
Quote from: jsampsell on September 19, 2007, 05:45:51 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 19, 2007, 05:37:07 PM
So, Jeremy-Are you going to make '70 Hoods and Fenders?   I'm about to start welding up the rust and beating out the dents on mine, but If I can just wait a few months and buy nice new ones I'd rather do that...I'm not asking for a timeline or even a price at this point...I just need to know if you PLAN to make them...    :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

Daytona R/T SE,

70 Hoods and Fenders are not on the list that I have right now. I will make a note in my Outlook calendar to ask him tomorrow and I'll post my finding tomorrow.  Talk to you then.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

Sounds good, Jeremy.

Daytona R/T SE,

I talked to my boss this morning.  We will not be making hoods or fenders for the 70 Chargers.  Because they are specific to one model year only, quite honestly, we couldn't sell enough parts to cover the expense of the tooling.  This will probably create a lot of conversation but, unfortunately, there are a lot of parts for a lot of different year/make/models that companies won't make due to factors like this.

I'm sorry to disappoint.  We'd love to make everything for everybody but we have to make the right business decisions.

Let me know if you have any questions.  I'll answer them as best as I can.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

This will make the 1970 Chargers even more valuable in the future because there will be less out there that are being restored!   :icon_smile_big:

70_charger

Got any 70 qtr panels in the works ????? I need some along with some floor pans and trunk pan Im ready to buy

Dodge Don

Quote from: 70_charger on January 11, 2008, 08:07:19 PM
Got any 70 qtr panels in the works ????? I need some along with some floor pans and trunk pan Im ready to buy

You can get 70 Full Quarter Panels today from Classic Body Designs  :2thumbs:

xs29j8Bullitt

AMD has many B, E, & A-Body parts nearing completion...  Here are just a few examples that the owner of AMD emailed me pictures of.

Posted with his permission...

XS

70_charger

Quote from: Dodge Don on January 11, 2008, 08:10:39 PM

thanks Ill check em out

xs29j8Bullitt

AMD will offer them, but if needed now CBD is the only source...

XS

Blakcharger440

I dont think they are actually on the market (real and touchable yet orderable)even though they are on the website including the hood.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on January 11, 2008, 08:19:13 PM

I dont think they are actually on the market (real and touchable yet orderable)even though they are on the website including the hood.

They are on the market Dodge don got some for his 70, if I remember correctly.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Dodge Don

Yes they are real. I've got a pair and door skins too. Both top notch  :2thumbs:

Dave22443

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on January 11, 2008, 08:03:26 PM
Quote from: jsampsell on September 20, 2007, 08:30:28 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 19, 2007, 10:33:42 PM
Quote from: jsampsell on September 19, 2007, 05:45:51 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 19, 2007, 05:37:07 PM
So, Jeremy-Are you going to make '70 Hoods and Fenders?   I'm about to start welding up the rust and beating out the dents on mine, but If I can just wait a few months and buy nice new ones I'd rather do that...I'm not asking for a timeline or even a price at this point...I just need to know if you PLAN to make them...    :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

Daytona R/T SE,

70 Hoods and Fenders are not on the list that I have right now. I will make a note in my Outlook calendar to ask him tomorrow and I'll post my finding tomorrow.  Talk to you then.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

Sounds good, Jeremy.

Daytona R/T SE,

I talked to my boss this morning.  We will not be making hoods or fenders for the 70 Chargers.  Because they are specific to one model year only, quite honestly, we couldn't sell enough parts to cover the expense of the tooling.  This will probably create a lot of conversation but, unfortunately, there are a lot of parts for a lot of different year/make/models that companies won't make due to factors like this.

I'm sorry to disappoint.  We'd love to make everything for everybody but we have to make the right business decisions.

Let me know if you have any questions.  I'll answer them as best as I can.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

This will make the 1970 Chargers even more valuable in the future because there will be less out there that are being restored!   :icon_smile_big:

Maybe if they added a Daytona nose cone to their list of reproduced parts, they could combine it with 70 fenders and hood and sell a Dotona conversion kit that would work for all three years of 2nd gen.  Winged warriors would get their parts, and '70 guys would get theres.  Maybe that would help?   :2thumbs:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

gasoline_24

Jeremy take as much time as you need to make them perfect.  I will wait, but I am like a little kid at Christmas I just can't wait.  When they are ready I am buying.  Thank you for keeping us informed and letting us know they are coming.  If you hadn't, I would have used something else.  Once I found out these were available I would have been upset I hadn't waited.

hemi-hampton

I was just at Stephens Performance picking up 2 used 69 Roadrunner fenders. Only got one though, other one was junk. Stephens tells Roadrunner guy new ones will be available in one month. Roadrunner guy say's should we waite. I say one month will probably mean one more month & one more, ect, ect. So I say forget it, Lets get the beat up used ones, Probably fit better anyways being factory. I get to Stephens & sure enough he gives a much later date on fenders availability  (few months later) I assume due to delay. I got whole car in Primer, everything but Fenders & at last minute guy decides to get another pair so no time to wait. Now I'm welding up mega rust holes. What company is making those 69 Roadrunner Fenders, Is it AMD? I asked before & never got a answer. LEON. :scratchchin: