News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Metal Repro Parts Sample Pictures

Started by jsampsell, June 14, 2007, 10:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsampsell

Quote from: Judhudson on September 19, 2007, 05:21:14 PM
Thank you, I saved the pic for future reference.  I already ordered the Trunk Lock Support so I'll get them as well once they pop up on your site. :)

You can order them any time.  We've had them available as long as we've had the tail light panel.  They are $49.95 for the pair.  Shipping should be pretty cheap since they are small pieces.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

Daytona R/T SE

So, Jeremy-Are you going to make '70 Hoods and Fenders?   I'm about to start welding up the rust and beating out the dents on mine, but If I can just wait a few months and buy nice new ones I'd rather do that...I'm not asking for a timeline or even a price at this point...I just need to know if you PLAN to make them...    :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: jsampsell on June 14, 2007, 10:23:54 AM
By this fall, we should have many other products including full OE-style quarter panels. 

:popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jsampsell

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 19, 2007, 05:37:07 PM
So, Jeremy-Are you going to make '70 Hoods and Fenders?   I'm about to start welding up the rust and beating out the dents on mine, but If I can just wait a few months and buy nice new ones I'd rather do that...I'm not asking for a timeline or even a price at this point...I just need to know if you PLAN to make them...    :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

Daytona R/T SE,

I'm sorry I didn't reply to your earlier post.  70 Hoods and Fenders are not on the list that I have right now.  I don't know if that means we won't be making them at all or if they are just on a list for next year or something.  My boss is already gone for the day so I don't have him available to ask for sure.  I will make a not in my Outlook calendar to ask him tomorrow and I'll post my finding tomorrow.  Talk to you then.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

Dodge Don

Jeremy,

When will you have full quarter panels for 70 Chargers? This year?

Obviously we can't expact exact dates but can you tell us eactly what is coming at the front of your production pipe...that is to say what are the products upcoming that should be available by February 2008....can you list product and year of application.

Hardcore Racing was a complete scam....you have an opportunity to seize on pent up demand for Charger parts....just give us an idea of what is coming near term so we can plan around that.

Thanks.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: zerfetzen on August 08, 2007, 12:15:39 PM
Looks like I got a project 69 charger at a great time :)

Looks like I got started on my 69 at the right time  :lol:

AirborneSilva

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 19, 2007, 05:56:47 PM

Looks like I need to start saving money for parts  :yesnod:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: AirborneSilva on September 19, 2007, 06:51:31 PM

Looks like me saving for parts wont be enough, looks like I need to get a job :yesnod: ;D

AirborneSilva

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 19, 2007, 06:55:41 PM
Quote from: AirborneSilva on September 19, 2007, 06:51:31 PM

Looks like me saving for parts wont be enough, looks like I need to get a job :yesnod: ;D

LOL, now that sounds REAL familiar...  I just arrived in Northern Virginia and am looking for a job so I can get my car here to start working on it...

Ghoste

School first!  (I'm just ragging on you in case you're having foolish thoughts of dropping out or anything like that.  :icon_smile_wink: )

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: jsampsell on September 19, 2007, 05:45:51 PM

Daytona R/T SE,

70 Hoods and Fenders are not on the list that I have right now. I will make a note in my Outlook calendar to ask him tomorrow and I'll post my finding tomorrow.  Talk to you then.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

Sounds good, Jeremy.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Ghoste on September 19, 2007, 07:09:50 PM

School first!  (I'm just ragging on you in case you're having foolish thoughts of dropping out or anything like that.  :icon_smile_wink: )

Dont worry about that. I'll be juggling around a job, school and my car with time to play guitar too. The job will be evenings and weekends probally. Theres no way Im dropping out of school

Lurker

Quote from: jsampsell on September 19, 2007, 05:23:06 PM
Quote from: Lurker on August 19, 2007, 02:53:34 AM
news? anyone heard anything? i sent an email and got nothin back. almost have all the steel behind the doors ready for paint and two rusty fenders on the bench and would love to just buy new ones.. do i spend 50 hours on each fender repairing them or has anyone heard when or if the new ones are on the shelf?

Lurker,

I don't recall an email from you by your user name on this forum, so I apologize if I did not reply.  Our fenders have been in some phase of test-fitting for a little while now.  My R&D guy has not been into the office this week so I personally don't know where we are at with them.  I've asked for pictures of them being test-fitted so that I can show everyone our progress, but he is working on a lot of parts at the same time and has not had a chance to get me some pictures.  I will post some pictures as soon as I have them to post.

I can tell you that I took some pictures of our first fender samples today for ads to go in a few magazines (for future months).  If everything goes well, we should have them available by the end of the year.  Possibly sooner.  As much as I don't want to say it because by bringing this up the assumption is that it will definitely happen, the reality is that there are a number of things that can delay the availability of any item.  We are doing our best to make things available as soon as possible but we are not going to compromise quality for availablility.  We want our products to be premium quality so we aren't going to release something until it is truly ready.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

thanks for the response, its good to hear your making progress. reality is if they are on the market by the end of the year or even a little later it will be perfect for me, but like any kid when a new toy comes out i want it now now now lol ;D
1968 xp29 charger thats now rust free.. and trunk free and floorboard and quarterpanel free.
1972 b5/b5 318 barracuda patently waiting its turn.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663667

jsampsell

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 19, 2007, 10:33:42 PM
Quote from: jsampsell on September 19, 2007, 05:45:51 PM

Daytona R/T SE,

70 Hoods and Fenders are not on the list that I have right now. I will make a note in my Outlook calendar to ask him tomorrow and I'll post my finding tomorrow.  Talk to you then.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

Sounds good, Jeremy.

Daytona R/T SE,

I talked to my boss this morning.  We will not be making hoods or fenders for the 70 Chargers.  Because they are specific to one model year only, quite honestly, we couldn't sell enough parts to cover the expense of the tooling.  This will probably create a lot of conversation but, unfortunately, there are a lot of parts for a lot of different year/make/models that companies won't make due to factors like this.

I'm sorry to disappoint.  We'd love to make everything for everybody but we have to make the right business decisions.

Let me know if you have any questions.  I'll answer them as best as I can.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

jsampsell

Alright folks, I have pictures of the Charger fenders being test-fit (along with our hood).  Yes, the fenders in the pictures are for the 69 but since the only difference in the 68 and 69 fenders is the location of the side marker light holes, I am just posting these pictures.

Remember that these are just our first samples and that they are not final production pieces.  You can see in the pictures that they fit very well but I was not told where we are at in the test-fit/approval process.  If there are some things about the fenders that need to be fixed then it will delay the availability.  My guess, based on the pictures, is that we should have them by the end of the year.  But don't hold me to that.  We've got over 400 new parts coming for A, B and E-body cars and we only have one R&D guy.  I say that to say again that we are doing our best to get everything out as quickly as possible but we are not going to compromise quality for availability.

Here are the pictures.  Let me know if you have any questions.  I'll try to answer all questions as quickly as possible. 

Forgive me in advance if it takes some time.  They won't pay me if I don't do any work.   :yesnod:

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

Lurker

1968 xp29 charger thats now rust free.. and trunk free and floorboard and quarterpanel free.
1972 b5/b5 318 barracuda patently waiting its turn.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663667

Daytona R/T SE

Daytona R/T SE,

I talked to my boss this morning.  We will not be making hoods or fenders for the 70 Chargers.  Because they are specific to one model year only, quite honestly, we couldn't sell enough parts to cover the expense of the tooling.  This will probably create a lot of conversation but, unfortunately, there are a lot of parts for a lot of different year/make/models that companies won't make due to factors like this.

I'm sorry to disappoint.  We'd love to make everything for everybody but we have to make the right business decisions.

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

Thanks for the reply, Jeremy. I kinda figured the one-year only thing would hurt the chances of '70 Fenders/hoods being produced.

My project is getting painted this winter and I didn't want to spend all those hours fixing my old parts, just to find out new ones were available about the time I got done bangin' dents and fixing rust.

I'll just have to take comfort in the knowledge that these are the last fenders and hood I'll ever have to fix!

I have both a '68 and '69 Charger waiting their turn at restoration, Your parts are looking good, plan on receiving LOTS of my money as I work on these future projects :2thumbs:

gers1968rt

Wow, I'm starting to get excited at the thought of these sheetmetal pieces.  They look great from the pics.:yesnod:
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

Dodge Don

What about full quarters??????????????????? Are you making them? When? For 70?

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: jsampsell on September 20, 2007, 08:30:28 AM

Daytona R/T SE,

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

You never know, someday there may be a high demand for 70 Charger body parts.  Look at the '69 Camaro for example:  a one year only body style that they make quite a few body parts for.  Hell, you can build one of those from a catalog just like a '67 Mustang.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Troy

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on September 20, 2007, 09:59:10 PM
Quote from: jsampsell on September 20, 2007, 08:30:28 AM

Daytona R/T SE,

Jeremy
Auto Metal Direct
866-591-8309

You never know, someday there may be a high demand for 70 Charger body parts.  Look at the '69 Camaro for example:  a one year only body style that they make quite a few body parts for.  Hell, you can build one of those from a catalog just like a '67 Mustang.
The major difference is that Chevy made 243,085 Camaros in 1969. That's approximately five times as many 1970 Chargers and a little over 6,000 more than the total number of Chargers produced by Dodge in all years from 1966 through 1970. For a more skewed comparison, Ford made 472,121 Mustangs in 1967 and most parts are interchangeable with the 1968 models (an additional 317,404 cars).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jeff69

Is that 69 Charger 500 in the first pic?

Dodge Don

Since I've asked multiple times with no response.....

WILL        YOU        BE        MAKING          FULL          QUARTER       PENELS   ????

IF      YES      WHEN?

FOR     WHAT     YEARS?

AND      HOW    MUCH     $$$

:popcrn: :scratchchin: :icon_smile_question: :shruggy:

suntech

I can answer that!!
They will be making full rear quarters for 68/69/70 Charger, and they will be available in just a coulple of months. The price will be, according to Jeremy, at AMD, when i spoke to him on the phone, somewhere in the ballpark of 700 usd, give and take a little. Price is not set 100% yet, but that would be the ballpark.

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Dodge Don

Quote from: suntech on September 22, 2007, 01:35:42 PM
I can answer that!!
They will be making full rear quarters for 68/69/70 Charger, and they will be available in just a coulple of months. The price will be, according to Jeremy, at AMD, when i spoke to him on the phone, somewhere in the ballpark of 700 usd, give and take a little. Price is not set 100% yet, but that would be the ballpark.

Thanks! What exactly is "a couple of months"? By December? By February 08?