News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW 1974 Valiant

Started by 70charger_boy, June 05, 2007, 01:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charger_boy

Ok, so I have a friend that has a 1974 Plymouth Valiant.  318 on the column.  It is a survivor with 60,000 miles.  My friend is the second owner.  Everything is original he even has the original window sticker.  The only bad thing is it's a 4 door.  I will post some pics as soon as he emails me.  The body and paint is excellent.  What do you think it's worth?

Old Moparz

I had watched a few 2 door Valiants that were clean with 318's on ebay recently. They never got above $3000 to $4000 in the bidding, & I don't recall if they met the reserve. I'd have to say a 4 door will be considerably less, maybe $2000 to $2500 if it's really exceptional. Personally I wouldn't go any higher than $1500, but that's me.

Track some on ebay, it can't hurt.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

70charger_boy

Thanks Old Moparz.  My friend said that he has $3,700 into it.  I told him that a 4 door, even though it's in excellent condition, would bring in $2,000. I figured I would ask you guys, since you know more about this stuff than I do

Brock Samson

70charger_boy

I know you guys like pics, so here it is what do you think its worth?

BMOTOXSTAR

I would say $1000 tops. It would be good for some basic point A to point B transportation. :Twocents:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Shakey

$160.00 CAD per tonne.   :D

Charger-Bodie

i sold an orig. paint 69 vaiant 2dr for 4000.00 a year and a half ago and a 69 2dr will obviously be worth more than a 74 4dr so id say 1500.00 tops.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger_Fan

Paint it pink, then he'll have chicks falling ovre themselves to buy it. :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

rt green

i would just drive it and enjoy it
third string oil changer

Old Moparz

Even with the pix I still say $2000 to $2500 tops. It's clean, but a 4 door is a 4 door.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Charger-Bodie

although i wouldnt part out that car it really only worth what you could get for the parts i stay with 1500.00
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger1973

Its ugly but nice.  Too bad they hacked it up for the 3rd brake light, cb antenna, and stereo... 

6pkrunner

You would be lucky to get $2500 for it. The market that would be interested in it would also be looking at econoboxes. Bloody shame as its in great shape. Like asking what would you pay for a mint condition box that a dozen eggs came in. Sure its mint, but the market for it is very small.

70charger_boy

I'll go along with you guys and say 1,500 tops.  The third brake light and cb antenna does look like crap, but I won't tell my friend.  He said he wants 3,700 and I said good luck

TUFCAT

You'll get $1,500 if you put it for sale outside a trailer park.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Old Moparz on June 05, 2007, 02:34:32 PM
I had watched a few 2 door Valiants that were clean with 318's on ebay recently. They never got above $3000 to $4000 in the bidding, & I don't recall if they met the reserve. I'd have to say a 4 door will be considerably less, maybe $2000 to $2500 if it's really exceptional. Personally I wouldn't go any higher than $1500, but that's me.

Track some on ebay, it can't hurt.

That old 74 is SWEET!  I do have to agree with Old M here. 1500$ tops would be pushing it. Most people wouldnt want to give more then 500$-1000$ for it.   If some Mopar nut wants a nice daily driver this car appears to be a good one for that instead of buying a brand new vehicle. The price of a new vehicle 15g's+ compared to say 1000$ for this 74 would offset the costs in gas/mpg  and you would in most cases be able to do repairs to this car yourself. While this car appears to be in very very nice condition its gonna be a tough one to sell. It isnt worth anything to a collector. Its not worth 3700$.  It is what it is except its in very nice shape!

Todd

PocketThunder

:scope:  I spy the amp power cable hooked to the battery.  Tell him to take $2000 worth of stereo equipment out of the car and try to sell it for $1700.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

70charger_boy

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 14, 2007, 01:37:54 PM
:scope:  I spy the amp power cable hooked to the battery.  Tell him to take $2000 worth of stereo equipment out of the car and try to sell it for $1700.

:iagree: