News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

***UPDATED*** Let's pick a name! We finally have one!

Started by Troy, July 18, 2005, 12:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should we use as the Domain Name for this new Charger Message Board

CLASSIC-CHARGER.COM (I already own it)
70 (24.7%)
CLASSICDODGECHARGER.COM (I already own it)
22 (7.8%)
DODGECHARGERMUSCLE.COM (I already own it)
14 (4.9%)
Other?
6 (2.1%)
THEDODGECHARGER.COM (per request, I got this too)
13 (4.6%)
DODGECHARGER.COM
158 (55.8%)

Total Members Voted: 282

Silver R/T

www.Charger.com
www.Chargers.com
www.TheDodgeCharger.com
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

FastbackJon

Quote from: Stratocharger on July 19, 2005, 12:12:06 AM
ok, ok,.. "www.real-chargers.com"

Man, I should buy that one, just so the '06 guys don't get ahold of it first.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Troy

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 19, 2005, 12:17:18 AM
www.Charger.com
www.Chargers.com
www.TheDodgeCharger.com

"Charger" is taken, "Chargers" is taken and I own "TheDodgeCharger" already (currently 3rd in the poll).

Quote from: Charger1970 on July 18, 2005, 11:46:14 PM
My $.02.....None of these names have stuck with me so far. I am turned off by the name "classic."

How about something like LoopBumper.com;D

Explain why you don't like "classic" please? LoopBumper is pretty funny though... :P

I was really trying to avoid Classic-Charger.com because we always abbreviate the Cuda-Challenger site as C-C.com. I'd prefer to use a name that I already own unless there is a clear favorite that is available. The problem is that finding a good name that hasn't been taken is a painful ordeal. Well, it's only been 24 hours so we have time.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

"www.klassic-charger.com"?..

Silver R/T

I thought if we named it classic, then people would think hmm so theres something else besides classic , is there new chargers? oh ya theres these 4 door turds. so it would be like realizing that theres new charger in existance. just a thought...

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Wakko

www.69Chargers-and-some-others-too.com      :icon_smile_tongue:
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

4402tuff4u

www.classicmusclechargers.com   :-*
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Just 6T9 CHGR

I still like O-C.com....... :P

www.original-charger.com :yesnod:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger1970

QuoteExplain why you don't like "classic" please?

I saw a 'classic' rock band on TV the other day. There was one original member in the group. They were just phoning it in. That is the vibe I get when I see the word 'classic' attached to something.

How about something like VintageDodgeCharger.com or ChargerPerformance.com?

Maybe just D-C.com.

HighSpeedCharger.com

Or something completely different like...HiddenHeadlights.com?
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

Troy

I'm quoting myself from the first post:
If you choose "Other" please remember that the name needs to be specific enough to convey the meaning of the site yet broad enough so that we can discuss all the great topics that we're used to... On the three above, The "dodgechargermuscle" name may be a bit too restrictive or confusing but it was available so I got it.

Personally, I see "vintage" as older in meaning than classic and generally referring to stock or restored cars. Anything with "muscle", "tech", "speed", or "restoration" is really too restrictive to cover all of our (D-C.com) members as well. I won't use any name that is derogatory or overtly excludes any particular car/model. I'd prefer to keep "Dodge" in the name somewhere for reasons that were mentioned above. Search engines rank sites partially based on keywords and their location on the page. Thing that have the most emphasis on the page will gain more emphasis in the ranking. I haven't had a whole lot of time to get creative with the names but I did put a lot of thought into it and how the site will be perceived by people unfamiliar with the old one. Since we're starting fresh and trying to capture a varied audience it's pretty difficult to find something that works for everyone so some compromise is to be expected. I'll have time soon to explain more about the "vision" of the site and where I/we would like to take it in the future.

Thanks for all the input so far!
Troy

69_se_ron

classic-charger sounds great :yesnod:
Check out my progress pics at:<br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/732403

Troy

Heh, I was just checking through the old stuff and saw the title of "A Site Dedicated to The Classic Dodge Charger". Oh well, keep voting!

Troy

TeeWJay426

I think classic-charger best conveys what we're here for, and will tend to keep the '06 owners away. Pretty self-explanatory! :yesnod:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

BigBlockSam

i got a new one,  In Troy We Trust     ;D

ok , just kidding . i voted for classicdodgecharger. says it all. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

The name that I had in mind was "dodgechargermuscle.com" as was mentioned above. It says more about the cars that we own than the "classic" name. 

My 69 R/T SE triple black 440 car is a musclecar.

My buddy's 57 Chevy is a classic.

Does this clarify anything for anyone?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

ALKLB

www.mydodgecharger.com

it shows that we have pride in ownership....

CB

www.goodoldcharger.com maybe?

www.classicdodgecharger.com sounds good  :yesnod:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

redzards

Quote from: Troy on July 19, 2005, 09:33:06 AM
I'll have time soon to explain more about the "vision" of the site and where I/we would like to take it in the future.

Thanks for all the input so far!
Troy

I'm interested in hearing what you have to say Troy. I may be the only one, but I am really not understanding the vehement expression by some to EXCLUDE anyone......even the NEW '06 Charger guys. The '06 folks could have their own forum section to post under like the A12 guys at Moparts do. I know all of the arguments about the '06, and us purists not agreeing with it's outcome, I just don't see the need to exclude any "Charger" owners, and the '06 is a HEMI powered rear wheel drive Charger, even if it has four doors, whether we like it or not.   I still stick with www.thedodgecharger.com.   ***My .02 worth***
Russell
1979 Li'l Red Express Truck
2000 Harley Davidson FLSTF Fat Boy

Ghoste

I don't want to exclude anyone either.  But I do want 06 owners to know what they're in for if they log on.  For the most part I think it's going to be a question of culture.  There will be some 06 buyers who are classic Charger owners or admirers and that's cool.  However, I think the bulk of that market who are sold on DCX's marketing for the car are going to have a completely different mindset as to what they have or are a part of.
I don't want to exclude fans of 50Cent and race Civics who are crossing over to the DCX dark side.  I don't want to exclude fans of BMW's who have found a cheaper version of what they really lust for.  I do however, want to spend the bulk of my time talking about the cars that fuel my fire in the way I have without having to debate about why I don't like the new car.  If that makes me a dinosaur, so be it.  At least I'm a happy dino.

Old Moparz

Troy,

How difficult, if at all possible, would it be to pry away the name of the old board from the previous owner? Are the site names owned like a piece of property? I haven't followed that part of the internet at all & don't think I saw it discussed here. (Maybe I missed it?)

Bob
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Vainglory, Esq.

greenrt_se

73dodge

How about 66-74DodgeCharger.com

that should just about cover all years for the charger okay maybe add 75-76 but THATS ALL  ;)
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

Silver R/T

ya original d-c.com would be the best, but we'll have to 'persuade' jesse to give up rights

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

andy74

or you could leave it the way it is now,some kinda charger has a funny ring to it,although you know well see 06 people here soon enough!