News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

***UPDATED*** Let's pick a name! We finally have one!

Started by Troy, July 18, 2005, 12:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should we use as the Domain Name for this new Charger Message Board

CLASSIC-CHARGER.COM (I already own it)
70 (24.7%)
CLASSICDODGECHARGER.COM (I already own it)
22 (7.8%)
DODGECHARGERMUSCLE.COM (I already own it)
14 (4.9%)
Other?
6 (2.1%)
THEDODGECHARGER.COM (per request, I got this too)
13 (4.6%)
DODGECHARGER.COM
158 (55.8%)

Total Members Voted: 282

Lightning

when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

jackel440

hi guys haven't been online here in a long time ad just got the message that the old board was gone so i made it.
Thanks Troy for sending me the e-mail.
I voted for the classicdodge charger name but im not to picky all that matters is everybody thats an enthusiast makes it here. :yesnod:

killer8man

Thanks for the email, Troy. I was wondering what was going to happen. I'd say dodgecharger.com is my vote.

Cheers,
Adam

moopa

Dodge Charger .com will probably be the easiest to reunite old memebers and draw new ones. Peace :devil:
1969 Charger 57,000 miles and growing. Survivor, non restored, original paint, F8 triple green, Matching numbers untouched( except added 4 bbl,dual exh) 383 2bbl, auto,buckets,buddy seat,summer driver. Also project cars: 71 Road runner-383/4 speed, Tor red, 72 Satellite, 68 Barracuda.

MoparYoungGun

My first choice and the one that I voted for is dodgecharger.com, my second choice is classic-charger.com. I think they both sound good but dodgecharger.com is straight to the point of what the whole site/board is about. Just my :Twocents:, good luck Troy!

Brightyellow69rtse

first off thanks Troy for letting me know where to go. i was kinda lost with no site there for a while. i voted classicdodgecharger.com..............Mike

69_se_ron

Check out my progress pics at:<br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/732403

blue69

I like classiccharger.com or dodgecharger.com . Its easier to tell someone in person about a website if it doesn't have hyphens in it.

Blade

Troy,

Great job your doing.  It is much appreciated.  I prefer dodgecharger.com.....but anything will do as long as the sight is up and running.

yellowcuda

OK, I am confused (what's new huh), I tried going to dodgecharger.com and it is another site.  How can we vote for something someone else has (unless that is Troy's site with his Charger) :icon_smile:

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

TruckDriver

Quote from: yellowcuda on July 25, 2005, 04:30:03 PM
OK, I am confused (what's new huh), I tried going to dodgecharger.com and it is another site.  How can we vote for something someone else has (unless that is Troy's site with his Charger) :icon_smile:

Look for a post about it in the off topic section. A deal was made and he now owns it.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,75.0.html
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Troy

Quote from: yellowcuda on July 25, 2005, 04:30:03 PM
OK, I am confused (what's new huh), I tried going to dodgecharger.com and it is another site. How can we vote for something someone else has (unless that is Troy's site with his Charger) :icon_smile:

You gotta at least read the first post in the thread... (quoting myself) ;)
Quote from: Troy on July 18, 2005, 12:50:44 AM
***UPDATE***: Thanks to Hemigeno it looks like we can get DodgeCharger.com if that's what you guys want. Feel free to change your vote if necessary. Keep in mind that we don't officially own it yet but it looks very promising.

Troy

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

B5 Charger

So when does the voting end?  I think it is pretty much decided at this point.   :P

MoparUSAF

Troy

Quote from: B5 Charger on July 25, 2005, 09:01:20 PM
So when does the voting end? I think it is pretty much decided at this point. :P

Except that we don't yet own the domain name that is winning...  :-\

Do I need to mention (again) that it's been less than a week and half of the members have been here less than 2 days? Patience.  :icon_smile_cool:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Iceyone

I voted for CLASSIC-CHARGER.COM so people buying that ugly 4 door thing don't get confused about what we really want to talk about here.
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

tecmopar

IMO, ClassicCharger.com is the way to go for at least 2 reasons. First, just about everyone, even Studebaker guys know that the Charger is a Dodge and 2nd, Dodgecharger.com will have to include the new MESS that Chrysler calls a Charger, but we certainly don't, again, Just my opinion. Long time member and owner of REAL Chargers for almost 40 years.
  To Troy, and the rest of the gang, if I can be of any help just let me know, good luck.

Tom C.

tecmopar

bull

You have a good point, tecmopar. Let's buy both names so the '06 jokers have to buy it from us.  :icon_smile_big: We'll charge them enough to float this site for ten years.

Actually, having 'classic' in the title would tend to weed that element out but a big part of me wants to just plainly spell the situation out to them with a large description under our header that says, "A site dedicated to the CLASSIC '66-'74 Dodge Charger." I mean really, it's not like we're being inundated by the '75-'85 enthusiasts right now because there really aren't that many. And something tells me the '06 owners won't be any more interested than those people. They'll be too busy working three jobs to make the payments to come on here and brag about traction control and manumatic transmissions IMO.

Dale The Bold

Quote from: tecmopar on July 26, 2005, 04:35:39 AM
  IMO, ClassicCharger.com is the way to go for at least 2 reasons. First, just about everyone, even Studebaker guys know that the Charger is a Dodge and 2nd, Dodgecharger.com will have to include the new MESS that Chrysler calls a Charger, but we certainly don't, again, Just my opinion. Long time member and owner of REAL Chargers for almost 40 years.
  To Troy, and the rest of the gang, if I can be of any help just let me know, good luck.

I agree completely, except I still prefer classicdodgecharger.com because I just prefer saying "Dodge Charger" to "Charger."  Not only that, but I was recharging a battery for my other car and told someone I hooked the battery up to the charger.  And I had to clarify that I meant the non-Dodge charger.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

XXSpiralXX

Ya ,  Ja know what? Nuh huh!!!    I say we stick with somekinda charger.  I kinda like it.  :icon_smile_big:

Hey!! Whats the big idea?!  :icon_smile_blackeye:

RRRggghhhh............. :flame:

JimShine

AKcharger

Nope keep it simple "dodgecharge.com" it's what we were to begin with and we can always make a room for our 4th Gen+ friends. I don't like the '06 but come on...they aren't lepers or anything, they're just not blessed like us 1st-3rd Gen people. Lets show them some hospitality

AK

Big Lebowski

Oh God, make up your mind. Although Some Kinda Charger Forum is a great name, it is too far away from the "DodgeCharger.com" mainstream.
   Mr. Creed wouldn't like us to continue as DC.com that's why it was so easy to vote for DC.com :icon_smile_big:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722