News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

***UPDATED*** Let's pick a name! We finally have one!

Started by Troy, July 18, 2005, 12:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should we use as the Domain Name for this new Charger Message Board

CLASSIC-CHARGER.COM (I already own it)
70 (24.7%)
CLASSICDODGECHARGER.COM (I already own it)
22 (7.8%)
DODGECHARGERMUSCLE.COM (I already own it)
14 (4.9%)
Other?
6 (2.1%)
THEDODGECHARGER.COM (per request, I got this too)
13 (4.6%)
DODGECHARGER.COM
158 (55.8%)

Total Members Voted: 282

hemigeno

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on July 20, 2005, 03:50:50 PM
I like having Dodge in the name. So, I voted for classicdodgecharger

hemigeno, you say dodgecharger is an option but I see that it is taken and there's a single page site of a 66 Charger (Nice car too!)

How is it an option? Is it your site? Or do you know how we can acquire the name?

I sent the guy an email, and he wrote me back this morning saying that the ISP he started several years ago was shutting down, and that he needed to do something with the DodgeCharger.com domain soon anyway.   Seems like a nice guy, and fairly willing to help us out.

I don't think he will want too much for the rights to the name.   I explained why I was interested, and a little about the D-C.com saga so he wouldn't think I was trying to capitalize on the name for profit.

He still has the '66 Charger apparently, as he said he needs a headlight motor for a '66 Charger.   The interesting thing about that is that he said if the guys on the board could help him out with finding one, it would "reduce significantly" what he wants for the domain name rights.   You gotta believe that we can somehow swing a deal to get that domain name.

RD

wow, come on 1st gen owners!!! fork up a headlight motor!  :icon_smile_big:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Silver R/T

so anything else wont do? can someone buy him beer instead?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RD

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 20, 2005, 07:50:23 PM
so anything else wont do? can someone buy him beer instead?

*homer* Mmmmmmm, Beer. */homer*
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

69_500

Just a thought to throw out there, but did anyone talk to Jesse about possibly purchasing the rights to that domain name?
I'm not opposed to any of the name selections being tossed out there. As long as I can talk Chargers and meet new people I"m there.

NHCharger

No one has been able to get a hold of Jesse. I think the majority opinion here is to sever all ties with Jesse and the old board. With the t-shirt and DC sticker fiasco it has left a bad taste in many members mouth. It's time to start fresh.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

SLIKK 70

classic-charger sounds good to me!

hemigeno

Will anybody object to the use of

DodgeCharger.com     ?

I just struck a deal with the owner of the domain name rights, and it's available for use by the Forum if its what everyone wants...

RD

Quote from: hemigeno on July 21, 2005, 03:42:32 PM

DodgeCharger.com     ?

I just struck a deal with the owner of the domain name rights, and it's available for use by the Forum if its what everyone wants...

i would pm troy with this newfound knowledge

Recharger

Awesome.  Perfect.  Let's do it.   No more need for debate.    :2thumbs: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

hemigeno

Quote from: RD on July 21, 2005, 03:49:42 PM

i would pm troy with this newfound knowledge

Done it...  he's the first person I tried to tell, for obvious reasons.

Haven't heard back though

Wakko

I vote for DODGECHARGER.com. 
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Ghoste

I'm okay for either one at this point.  It's just time to do one of them.

RD

Charger4404spd

Quote from: hemigeno on July 21, 2005, 03:42:32 PM

DodgeCharger.com     ?

I vote for that name. It would be great to get ahold of that. ANd if we dont , some dumbass will get it for the new POS turd.

70sixpkrt

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

JimShine

If anyone wants to change their vote, you can remove your vote and resubmit. Look at the graph and you will see the "remove vote" icon.

RD

ChargerBill

I'm torn between classiccharger.com and dodgecharger.com.... Either would be great IMO, as long as the board looks different enough and takes on it's own personality I guess it wouldn't matter one way or the other. I haven't heard back from Troy about classiccharger.com (without a hyphen) but the way I'm interpreting the comments on this thread, it sounds like a vote for the hyphenated version is also a vote for the non-hyphenated version.
Life is a highway...

ChargerBill

Life is a highway...

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

PlumBad70

Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

B5 Charger

Just changed my vote to dodgecharger.com.  That sounds like the perfect name to me!   ;)

tomonty

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

Neal_J

Changed my vote to dodgecharger too.  Thanks Geno.

Classsic-charger sounds exclusionary...and slightly weenie too.

My two cents.

Peace,

Neal J.