News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger To The Rescue!!

Started by gojo64, June 12, 2007, 10:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gojo64

My buddy has a 69 chevelle & he's always ragging on me about owning a Mopar & how "dependable" his chebby is (notice, I don't use caps  ;) ). Anyway, I had a cookout over the weekend & invited him over. I'm in the middle of grilling & there were a few guys already there, when he pulls up in his chevelle revving the motor & yells "where's that Mopar?" He goes to do a burnout & stalls. Then he tries to start it & the battery was dead (we eventually found it to be a bad alternator). So he is sitting there in the middle of the road in front of everyone embarrased  :icon_smile_angry: to no end when he eventually says "can you give me a jump?" So, I proceeded to go get The Charger out of the garage (instead of my daily driver Dodge Truck) to save this poor soul of a chebby owner.  :nana:  Unfortunately at the time I didn't even think about getting a pic of my Charger jumping his chebby because I was  :smilielol:  :hah:  :rofl: but it was definately a Kodak moment. Hopefully that taught him a lesson about ragging on Mopars.  :2thumbs:
"Well,... you gonna pull them pistols or... whistle Dixie?" Josey Wales
1969 Charger 383/727/3:55

PocketThunder

:cheers:    :2thumbs:

Now just make sure you Charger is up to shape when you go to his house... :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

gojo64

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 12, 2007, 10:03:32 AM
:cheers:    :2thumbs:

Now just make sure you Charger is up to shape when you go to his house... :yesnod:

:yesnod: :2thumbs:
"Well,... you gonna pull them pistols or... whistle Dixie?" Josey Wales
1969 Charger 383/727/3:55

jasonfromIKILLYA

"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Charger1973

41husk

Sounds like his Bow Tie was a noose!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Ghoste

Bow tie was a noose. lol  I'm gonna steal that line.

pettyfan43

Man I had a cousin that used to rag me about my "Damn Dodges". He had a Monte Carlo SS (Actually 2 of em) a 78-79 Pontiac Grand Prix with a 400 from a  T/A and an AMC Spirit (  :eyes: ) But guess whose car I was ALWAYS having to work on. Most of the time I would make sure I drove whatever Mopar I had at the time INSTEAD of my driver (usually a Dodge truck - Still is) Just so he knew my hot rod was more reliable than his "Cool driver". It never ended. He even bought a late Honda Accord, didn't matter, he broke that too!

JR

I've been getting that for years.

I just realized last week I can't go into a parts chain store and buy anything for a Mopar with out hearing "why can't you have a 350 or something easy?"
My awnser:
"Cuz I wanted a good car."

The 5.0 guys hate that awnser too.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Charger1973

Quote from: JR on June 12, 2007, 10:51:07 PM
I've been getting that for years.

I just realized last week I can't go into a parts chain store and buy anything for a Mopar with out hearing "why can't you have a 350 or something easy?"
My awnser:
"Cuz I wanted a good car."

The 5.0 guys hate that awnser too.

:iagree:

And everything has to be special ordered in too...   ::)

mikesbbody

what a bow tie bozo! they are good for a laugh though... :smilielol: