News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are 68 Charger upper door pads different from 69 - 70?

Started by Corellian Corvette, June 11, 2007, 04:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corellian Corvette

I see a set of 68 - 70 door panels for sale on ebay, but the door lock hole looks like it's near the center of the pad. On my car, the door lock knobs are towards the back of the door.

Wouldn't that necessitate a different upper door pad?

Wanted to check before I spent a bunch of $$ on an ebay set.

THanks!

Charger1973

68 door locks ARE in a different place than 69-70s

OttawaCharger

Charger1973 is right- the 68's have the hole for the door lock closer to the back of the door. I'm guessing you have a 68 by your description and the pad is a 69- 70.
Other than that, they're the same.  I suppose you could drill a hole for the 69 location on your 68 and use them.   :ahum:  Personally, I'd pass on them and wait for the right ones.
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

chargerman68

have apair of 68's with no tears or lrips in faded white....great for daily or cores for show car.....100 shipped....
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Corellian Corvette

8WHEELER

Albert

Here is a reference of where the 68 door panel lock goes through, 69 and 70 are about 8in farther forward.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Corellian Corvette

Thanks Dan! Looks like those ebay auctions are wrong and I'll have to keep a sharp eye out!  :coolgleamA:

chargerman68

Corellian Corvette

chargerman68

8WHEELER

Quote from: Corellian Corvette on June 13, 2007, 12:37:57 AM
Thanks Dan! Looks like those ebay auctions are wrong and I'll have to keep a sharp eye out!  :coolgleamA:

YEP, Ebay has a lot of crooks, and people that just don't know what they are talking about.
I see it on so many things, fits 68 to 70 Chargers, well no, most everything is different  :rotz:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.