News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

R/T Taillight Bezel powdercoat?

Started by Bandit72, June 14, 2007, 03:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit72

i won me a set of R/T tail lights off of ebay awhile back and was wondering if you think it would be alright to powder coat them? Our powder coat oven at work heats up to around 380-400 degrees while it's being "cooked" do you think this would cause any problem? or would i be better off painting them?
Figured i'd check before i had a  :brickwall: moment
-Ryan
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

daytonalo

Just the trim or the the whole thing ? As owner of powdercoat buss , I would never touch anything made from pot metal , you should know that ! Its called OUTGASSING!

Charger1973

I did a test on this a while back.  I had my buddy run a busted peice of corner chrome through the powdercoat line at work.  We didnt even sand it down, and the stuff stuck to it like a rock.  We hit it a few times with a wrench and were able to chip it, but it wasnt easy.  They are potmetal as well...  I guess you can use that info how you want, maybe try a test peice of your own with whoever you plan to have do it, so you know its safe first. 

Bandit72

Quote from: daytonalo on June 14, 2007, 07:38:23 AM
Just the trim or the the whole thing ? As owner of powdercoat buss , I would never touch anything made from pot metal , you should know that ! Its called OUTGASSING!

we don't deal with anything pot metal...we powdercoat trailer hitches and trailer parts, thats why i asked
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....