News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LIVE Broadcast of the '57 Belvedere!*Update*Winner Found

Started by Skued, June 11, 2007, 07:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

What happened to our old pal Boyd?  Wasn't he going to clean it up and make some sort of offer to sell the new owner trick wheels or some fool thing?

70charger_boy

Quote from: Ghoste on June 27, 2007, 04:01:32 AM
What happened to our old pal Boyd?  Wasn't he going to clean it up and make some sort of offer to sell the new owner trick wheels or some fool thing?

It's pretty hard to restore a car when everyone that works for you quit to work for Chip Foose

68chrgrwife

Quote from: 70charger_boy on June 27, 2007, 06:29:28 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on June 27, 2007, 04:01:32 AM

It's pretty hard to restore a car when everyone that works for you quit to work for Chip Foose

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

FastbackJon

Quote from: Skued on June 23, 2007, 11:43:09 AM
Raymond E. Humbertson Has been found.  However he died in 1979.  His closest living relative(s) are his two older sisters.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=070623_238_A1_spanc67588

They should have said 50 years ago "must be present to win" then this year they should have gone through all the entries closest to the guess on out until they found someone present.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

nitrometal

Is it just me or do the photos of this car remind you of the pics of the Titanic?  :'(

Anyway, thanks to everyone that posted up all the info & links.  I sure enjoyed the stories (even my family did, and they could care less about cars).  It's a shame that it didn't come out like we were hoping for.
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

dkn1997

I predict that now that it's out of the ground and smells like a man getting a perm in the septic tank of a slaughter house, that I will continue not to give a shit about it.  I was really into it before it came out.  now that it's been shown to be a turd, I must move on.
RECHRGED

Mike DC

I'm still curious about the true condition of the car's metal.

The70RT

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 28, 2007, 03:28:26 AM
I'm still curious about the true condition of the car's metal.

I would say 40% metal and 60% rust........thats if it was melted down and seperated. Look at the pic over the wheel well. If it was blasted I don't think there wouldn't be anything left. :Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

IowaCharger69

If this were a finish you could give a car without destroying the integrity it would make for an amazing ratrod.

Red Ram

They should cryogenically freeze it until we have the technology to restore it...like Walt Disney.   :cheers:
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69charger2002

Quote from: dkn1997 on June 27, 2007, 08:41:17 PM
I predict that now that it's out of the ground and smells like a man getting a perm in the septic tank of a slaughter house, that I will continue not to give a shit about it.  I was really into it before it came out.  now that it's been shown to be a turd, I must move on.

dude that was one of the funniest lines i've ever read!    :smilielol:
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Ghoste

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

alfanta

Quote from: IowaCharger69 on June 28, 2007, 08:23:00 PM
If this were a finish you could give a car without destroying the integrity it would make for an amazing ratrod.

I agree, this would be one BA ride if you could pull it off. I kinda would wanna try it with a truck that im looking at now that you brought that idea to my attention. I first just have to figure out how to keep it from rusting more  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: And anyone have any ideas about how to get it to look like that? or should I just ask Tulsa what they recommend?  :lol:

IowaCharger69

i saw a car at the Goodguys show in Des Moines this summer that had surface rust all over the car, but it was shellacked (sp) so that it was at little contained.  I heard also that it was something you can paint onto boats to protect them. They call it a Minnesota Special.

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on June 25, 2007, 09:36:50 PM
Hey this car was an experiment that didn't work out,kinda like what i think cryogenic storage for people will be like in the future :shruggy:just my :Twocents:

Freezer Burn?

So does that mean that someday we will have Ted Williams and Walt Disney's rotting heads unveiled as some big "resurrection" event? Man I can't wait for that one?
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

dodgecharger-fan