News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LIVE Broadcast of the '57 Belvedere!*Update*Winner Found

Started by Skued, June 11, 2007, 07:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69charger2002

that is crazy. after all the hype and the event being about tulsa and it's members// blah blah blah. the winner of the whole thing was a passer-through. that is nuts. you would think they would have at least made the requirement to be a resident of tulsa

trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

72Rallye440

Good Afternoon,
Last week I was in Tulsa and stopped by to see the Belvedere at the local Dodge dealership. I hate to say the car looks worse in person than in pictures. I took some pictures so I thought I would pass them on to you guys and gals.

72Rallye440

More........................

72Rallye440

This is a close up of the center of the trunk lid; as you can see there is rust holes starting to form.

72Rallye440

Sad, sad, sad.......................... :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:

72Rallye440

:rotz: :rotz: :rotz:

72Rallye440

It just keeps getting worse as I go huh?

IowaCharger69

Do whatever you need to to get in running and driving safely but don't do a thing to the body. Seeing that monster cruising the streets would be the coolest thing ever! :2thumbs:

70charger_boy

72Rallye440

The car was roped off so I could only get so close but here are a few of the inside.

72Rallye440

Last set of the car.................

72Rallye440

And last but not least, a rusty but otherwise presteen time capsule (pretty white on the inside). Hope you enjoy the pics and everyone have a great week!

72Rallye440

68chrgrwife

Quote from: Skued on June 24, 2007, 10:58:43 AM
:popcrn:
Today's paper-
Quote"LaVada already announced the highest bidder gets it," Sue (Humbertson) Gerhart said.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=070624_1_A1_iEdit41017

OMG  Did you read the comments?  this one was too funny:

. 6/24/2007 2:10:18 PM, ELIZABETH M. BOGGS, RANCHO CORDOVA (SACRAMENTO), CALIFORNIA
How can anyone be so idiotic as to bury a perfectly beautiful vehicle such as the 1957 Plymouth Belvedere? I was born ten days before her premature death and have always been a lifelong car lover. Most of all, I respect them, enormously. I was profoundly grief-stricken after seeing on our local news station the evening of Friday,June 15, 2007 the 'unveiling' of the poor car named "Miss Belvedere". After witnessing the atrocious and horrific condition the poor girl is in was just like a white hot stab to the very heart of my soul. A twist of the knife wouldn't have hurt any more, but was equally appropriate. I even find wrecking yards to be a particularly torturous experience; inexcusable and anguishing. How my heart bleeds for those poor babies; victims of human stupidity, negligence, disregard, and ignorance. Such a horrendous and monumental waste of something aesthetically beautiful with as close to a human soul as can be created by the hand of humanity.

A car has a personality, a heart, and a soul. She has essence.Once you think about it, she has a spinal column (her drive shaft), a heart (her engine), various veins and arteries (her differing tubes and lines creating life from her life-giving fluids), a respiratory system (her cooling system), internal thermostat, a brain (her computer), legs and feet (her axles and wheels), eyes (her headlamps), and such. Has ANYONE hugged their car today?

She lives in partnership with us and asks little; to be fed (her gasoline, brake fluid, and transmission fluid), to be loved and cared-for (her regular baths), with regular medical checkups (regular maintenance), yer she gives SO much. Who loved Belle ("Miss Belvedere") enough to respect her? I think the organizers should have been buried with her to know exactly what it felt like to be buried alive. She never got the chance to live, rather, she was unceremoniously disregarded and discarded in an early grave. She was treated much as one would discard a used tin can without the slightest concern. She must have cried out as only she could when she saw the final rays of daylight as her coffin was sealed that awful day. Nobody heard her silent tears, but she did, indeed, cry that day. "Why could I not have brought dad to work?" "Why could I not have taken the children to school?" "Why didn't they let me take mom to the hospital when she had her baby?" "Why didn't I take the family to church on Sunday and the picnic afterward?" "Why did I have to die?" "Why did they kill me?" Please hear me.... Her tomb was sealed.

Look at her today. Poor Belle... How horrible; such a tragic waste. It's just not funny, as it brings tears and immeasurable grief to me every day since seeing her horrid and unwarranted condition and I simply cannot understand how people gain something out of the deliberate burial and disreapect of the beloved automobile. A Dodge Prowler has followed suit in 1998, another horrific waste. Whether burial underground or above ground, a crypt is STILL a crypt. It spells "D-E-A-T-H". I speak for those who cannot speak for themselves. End this practice before someone else gets hurt.

ELIZABETH M. BOGGS

P.O. BOX 82

RANCHO CORDOVA (SACRAMENTO), CALIFORNIA 95741-0082

(408) 561-7461

MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: 

Ya' know....

the rustproofing wasn't very good on them cars in the first place maybe they should've buried a vette...  :shruggy:

Hey Natcho:

now this here is waht is known as a Patina....

72Rallye440

I forgot to mention that the car did smelled really bad, you could smell it as you walked in the door. It kinda reminded me of an old wet basement. I can't imagine that the car could ever be restored. The metal looks to be very, very unstable in areas all over the car. I guess with money anything could be done though!!

BMOTOXSTAR

Thanks for posting the pic's. :2thumbs:
If they make a shirt with a photo of that car on it I am going to buy one. Better yet, a hoodie! :Twocents:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

70charger_boy

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on June 24, 2007, 10:33:23 PM
Thanks for posting the pic's. :2thumbs:
If they make a shirt with a photo of that car on it I am going to buy one. Better yet, a hoodie! :Twocents:

Yeah, you can use the hoodie to hold your breath from the stink that car generates :puke:

Magnumcharger

I'm thinking that maybe the Belvedere should be awarded directly to the winner of the contest, by burying the remains of the car next to his. :eek2:
Then put up a stone monument for the both of them.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on June 24, 2007, 05:20:33 PM

OMG  Did you read the comments?  this one was too funny:
Wow, that lady is pretty passionate about cars! And I thought I was bad. :o
I partially agree though, cars do have personalities. The older the car, the more personality it has, IMO.

Quote from: Magnumcharger on June 25, 2007, 09:24:04 AM
I'm thinking that maybe the Belvedere should be awarded directly to the winner of the contest, by burying the remains of the car next to his. :eek2:
Then put up a stone monument for the both of them.
Good plan! They're probably both in about the same condition, too! :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

whitehatspecial

This would be a great marketing opportunity for Daimler/Chrysler. They should resurrect the Plymouth line and the Belvedere name after this fiasco and make Tulsa the place to unveil the new model to the world. Heck it could be Hydrogen car that just releases water as its predessor did when it came out of the Tulsa ground!
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

70charger_boy

Quote from: whitehatspecial on June 25, 2007, 02:45:07 PM
This would be a great marketing opportunity for Daimler/Chrysler. They should resurrect the Plymouth line and the Belvedere name after this fiasco and make Tulsa the place to unveil the new model to the world. Heck it could be Hydrogen car that just releases water as its predessor did when it came out of the Tulsa ground!

You're a freaking genious!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That would be great for Tulsa and for Ma Mopar :rotz:

Brock Samson

Highbanked Hauler

Hey this car was an experiment that didn't work out,kinda like what i think cryogenic storage for people will be like in the future :shruggy:just my :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Old Moparz

When I just looked at the showroom photos & saw the interior, my first thoughts were that the car must smell worse than one that rodents had lived in.  :o

Here's what I think will happen to this car. The next of kin doesn't want it, but will realize that there are some wackoloons that do, & will get a price for it that's absurd. The next thing that will happen, is that somewhere, a really clean, low mileage Belvedere that doesn't have any significant history will become a donor car. The rusted out POS in the thread photos will be miraculously restored & someone will be making the claim that they own a zero mile, never been titled, fully restored, 1957 Belvedere. You'll then see it at a Barrett Jackson circus in the near future, where someone even dumber than the person who's auctioning it will pay well over 6 figures.

What I think should be done with the car, is to just donate it to whatever local museum Tulsa has so everyone can see it. Oh, & maybe toss a few thousand of those little Christmas tree air fresheners in it too.   :eek2:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus