News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classic Car Insurance Recommendations?

Started by Dale The Bold, September 17, 2005, 03:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

What stinks for me is that I'd like more than 3k miles a year for my GN, and it's in the locked garage.  The Charger won't be driven anywhere NEAR that much and it doesn't FIT in the garage.  Sooooo, neither car qualifies.  :(
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

694spdRT

I don't think Haggerty had a mileage limit. ???  I will check my policy but, they never ask for a mileage update like my old company did.

I think they just want proof you have another vehicle for everyday driving.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

THE COLONEL

Quote from: 694spdRT on September 30, 2005, 11:29:32 PM
I don't think Haggerty had a mileage limit. ???   I will check my policy but, they never ask for a mileage update like my old company did.

I think they just want proof you have another vehicle for everyday driving.

I'll look through mine too, but I think you are right.  When I renewed my insurance with them this year, I don't ever remember putting the mileage down.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

myk

Well, it's not as if anyone checks, right?  Furthermore, how are they supposed to confirm if the car is garaged and locked?  Is there an appraisal process with Hagerty?  If not, I'd like to insure my '69 for.......$25K...

MichaelRW

Quote from: myk on October 05, 2005, 11:10:37 AM
Well, it's not as if anyone checks, right?  Furthermore, how are they supposed to confirm if the car is garaged and locked?  Is there an appraisal process with Hagerty?  If not, I'd like to insure my '69 for.......$25K...

At their request I just emailed Hagerty pictures of my car and they agreed to $45,000 without any questions.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

69_se_ron

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on September 19, 2005, 08:19:10 AM
I use Grundy.

But, let's be serious, most insurance companies will be great at cashing your premium check.

Has anyone had the unfortunate experience of having to collect on a policy?

There's the true measure of whether an insurance company is one you'd want to deal with.

I had a garage fire 2 years ago.  Next to the car that caught fire was my '66 convertible Mustang (numbers matching, 4-speed, low mileage) that suffered extensive smoke and heat damage.  I had a policy with State Farm for $20,000 and they paid out $19,973!!!!  I took it to the shop of my choice, and they restored everything: new paint, chrome, glass, wheels, seats, top, carpet, dash...the car looks brand new.  I've heard a lot of bad things about State Farm, but you'll never hear anything negative about them from me.  I even upped my coverage to $30,000 after the restoration.
Check out my progress pics at:<br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/732403

myk

So are you bending the truth about your application in any way?  I know I would have to about a few items on their application...