News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Once in a lifetime.....

Started by Bob, June 11, 2007, 07:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Ok, so last week I drove by a local used truck dealer and seen a Cuda and 1970 Roadrunner beside his garage. This guy is wealthy and a GM guy. The garage was not open so I did not stop in. Saturday morning I went by and the garage was open. I stopped and talked with him about the cars. I ask him if he put them in his garage. He said no, I sold them to the highest bidder. He said he got 45 for the pair and continued to tell me where he got them. 3 miles from my house is this farmer who is up in age. He told Franky that he had 2 old Plymouth's behind his barn and can't get anybody to look at them and all he wanted was 15. Franky hesitated and went anyway. Behind his barn was a 1970, 383 Road Runner minus only transmission. The car beside it was a 1973 Cuda Rally, 340, red with white stripes and white interior. Franky was ready to give him 15 grand when the old farmer said, " Yea, I could not get anybody to look at these for $1,500.00". I guess everyone assumed that they were just old Plymouth's and not collectors. This farmer was the original owner of both. When Franky had them beside his garage they were going to the highest bidder. Guess what? $4,500.00 was the bid and he let them go. I felt sick. That was my once in a lifetime deal that I missed. I should have stopped and knocked on his house door.

Sad In Pa
Bob

aone415

ugh.... that sucks... I feel for you Bob

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Ghoste

Bob

The Road Runner needed a trany and passenger floor pan. The Cuda needed paint and the engine gone over from sitting. :-\

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Bob

Forgot to mention he was the original owner of both. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall::brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall::brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall::brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

tan top

thats  bad luck dude   :pity:  i'm the same never in the right place at the right time :cryin: :brickwall: :brickwall:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger1973

Damn...   that sucks man. 

Lee01

that remind me the day I found a 70 Challenger T/A for 3k cnd with a running 440 Six pack :brickwall: Yes 440, the 340 wasn't with the car. :scratchchin:

It only need a paint and reassemble. That was just couple year ago :brickwall: :brickwall:

One rare brown T/A

Its suck sometime finding those gems and be just too late  :'(
Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

Bob

I guess we need to keep one of those die-hard GM guys as a good friend. Most of the time they don't give a hoot about Mopar and come across deals like that.