News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MR ANGRY on the Auto Cross track... with Lamborghini's

Started by NYCMille, June 11, 2007, 09:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

Hey guys -

This weekend we had A LOT of fun. I am a member of the New York Motor Club which is a great club that puts on some wonderful events and really take care of it's members. This weekend was simply a riot and here's why. On Saturday Lamborghini of Bergen County gave the club 3 Lamborghini Gallardo's to beat to death on the autoc ross course up in Mt. Cisco, NY. When I heard about the event I was somewhat skeptical because honestly who in there right mind is going to provide three $200K + cars to thrash for an entire day... well, they did in fact provide the cars and we did in fact beat the snot out of them... all day long. Honestly, it's a VERY impressive car as I figured it would've fallen apart by days end, but honestly, even after 6 hours of nothing but torture these things didn't even shed a warning light... they are VERY impressive machines.

Now an average time on the course was about an 18-19 secs. (it was a short course) with some members hitting low high 16's low 17's (my best was a 17.1 in the Gallardo Coupe). NOW - the fun part came when they asked if anyone wanted to run their own cars on the track... now keep in mind a lot of these guys have MONEY... real money (I think I am the only broke one in the club). The parking lot had Aston Martin's, Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, etc.. etc.. etc..

Anyway, when asked nobody stepped up to the plate, so of course I was like, "HELL YEA I"ll take the Charger on the course!!" These guys looked at me like I had 4 heads. I figured I run like a 23 or so... well, I bit wrong... and so where the guys who were placing bets. Take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9xM-UM-vhw

SchaefMan

I just love the way MrAngryr sounds, and it obviously handles a ton better than most folks would think, from all that you've done to it. What I want to know is, how do you fit in that Lambo? I am not as tall, but I can't even drive the new Mustang comfortably...

You've gotta love a car that feels like you are driving your LazyBoy, when it comes to head, leg, and a$$ room....

Thanks for the video...

Bob
No matter where you go, there you are.... B. Banzai

PocketThunder

:o  Damn that looked like a blast.  Were they trying to maybe sell some Lambos to the richer guys there.  was it maybe a sales pitch for the cars do you think?.

You are the second coolest guy i know.. :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

NYCMille

Oh yea, I think that they were definitely trying to sell some cars and honestly they may have accomplished that as A LOT of the rich guys were very impressed with the Gallardo's and began really talking some serious #'s with the Lambo reps. so you never know. I fit it the cars, but it was TIGHT... it was worth me squeezing in though. My biggest problem were my feet... they are just too friggin' big at a size 14 so it was difficult to modulate the pedals.

jasonfromIKILLYA

ahaha!  hell yeah!  well done man!  after the first run some guy in the background says "well, it does have a nice suspension....".  ha!
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

pettyfan43

dodgecharger-fan

Running 18's right along side them Lambos, I bet one could have sold a lot of Chargers.    :icon_smile_big:

That's an awesome video.   :2thumbs:

JR

After watching that it hit me.

I have now elevated Mike and Mr.Angry from mere mortal to Gods among us at DC.com.

That is all. ;D

Awesome video Mike!
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

moparguy01

You ran that course faster than a bunch of ricers ran the 1/4 mile at the dragstirp i work at last weekend. haha

looks like a hell of alot of fun.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

68isgr8

That's awesome Mike!  :2thumbs:  The more I watch your car, the more I want a charger for myself! 

TUFCAT

That was totally awesome.  :cheers:  Thanks for driving the hell outta your car - - for us!!  :2thumbs:

firefighter3931

Nice work holding your own with all those pasta cars  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

konigcharger

Quote from: 68isgr8 on June 11, 2007, 11:21:28 PM
That's awesome Mike!  :2thumbs:  The more I watch your car, the more I want a charger for myself! 

wanna trade?  :D

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

mikepmcs

Mikey, please don't get that Lambo thingy(less they give it to you)...cause you look like a tool in it. :icon_smile_big:
Kidding brother and i'm sure it was a blast.

Size 14 come on....I'm 5'7" and me and Shaq shop at the same store.  How you like me now.

Have a nice night ...tiny. :rofl:

Thanks for the video.  You are the man(I guess there are 2 now)  I'll make room.

Go Yankees!(shameless plug)

PS..You can drive like a MOFO!!!

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?