News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

kickdown linkage?

Started by 1BAD68, June 10, 2007, 02:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1BAD68

I'm trying to adjust my kickdown linkage and when set according to the book,  the trans. lever is fully engaged before WOT. When I adjust for WOT then I have about a 1/2" of lost travel on the linkage slot as shown in pics, but trans lever will fully engage.
Will this be a problem?

1BAD68

My concern is that I read that the linkage should start to move as soon as the throttle is opening.
like this picture shows...

John_Kunkel

The linkage should start to move as soon as the throttle opens, it looks like your top rod is too long.

Notice the rig pin hole in the bellcrank, run a 3/16" rod or drill bit through the holes in the bellcrank and adjust the top rod so the rear of the slot just touches the back of the carb stud at warm idle and adjust the down rod so that the trans lever is full forward at the same time.

There is no requirement that the trans lever be full back at WOT, correctly adjusted factory linkage leaves a little movement in the lever at WOT.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

1BAD68

ok I made the adjustments and Wow!
The car seems alot more snappy from a stop and its really not noticeable when its shifting from 1st thru 3rd, it used to rev higher when shifting and bump the gears.
This was a great adjustment to make.
I'm thinking my mpg should go up too.

Thanks John
:2thumbs: