News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cannot find the 73 front fender stud at any hardware store? Where now?

Started by WH23G3G, June 05, 2007, 07:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I checked all the hardware stores and parts stores for a full threaded stud. No one has one. I still don't know exactly what size it is, but I can't find anyone who has full threaded studs. Is there any other places I could try? It's not a servicable part in the 73 parts catalog. Or does anyone have any rotted fenders which they could part with the stud. Mine are missing on both sides, because I got the fenders from two different Chargers. 

Charger1973

I might be able to help you out.  What stud are you talking about?  The top of the fender or down by the dog leg area? 

WH23G3G

It's the underside of the fender in the top corner. Where the door and fender meet. On the underside there is a threaded stud that sits in a bracket bolted to the cowl that uses a nut on it, I'm assuming to pull the fender down. Because that's how it is right, now, it's sitting up just a little, but alignment of the edges of the door and fender are just about perfect and match with other restoration photos I've checked with. I noticed it was missing the stud, when I saw that I forgot to bolt the bracket to the side of the cowl when I was referring to the 73 body manual under the fender attachment illustration.

Charger1973

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

OttawaCharger

Like Husk said, R/T Specialties appears to have it here:
http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=1000076A
You can see it in the back of their picture
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

WH23G3G

Looks like you have to buy that whole kit though. I don't know if it comes in the underhood bolt kit that I'm buying, but I know it comes with the fender bolts.

beedees

Find out what size you need, go to the hardware store and get a MACHINE bolt (threaded up to the head) and cut the head off- theres your stud.

twilt

You can always rummage thru my boxes and buckets full of nuts/bolts.  I`ll be home Sunday afternoon/evening.  :callme:

Dodge Don

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Nacho-RT74

never realized that could it be so hard up there... down here is pretty easy.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Todd Wilson

Any good body shop supply house should be able to help you.

Todd