News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headlight motors

Started by Topher, June 15, 2007, 09:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topher

Hey yaw! I'm Topher, and I own a 67 Charger. I know it's not the most popular, but, most other years share a couple of the same options. Like hideaway headlights. I've been rebuilding the headlight motors for the 1st Gens for a couple of years now. I take them apart and rewind them, clean/paint them, and can replace the harnesses with new wires. I've also fixed a power window motor. I would like to try to fix a second or so gen motor too. If anyone has one or two that don't work and don't want to pay the e-rape price to buy another one, how about sending me a pm and we can make arrangements.

Thanks,

Topher
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Ghoste

Charger1973

68 and 69 headlights run on vacuum so there are no motors.  The 70 has the motor, but isnt it the same as or very similiar to the 3rd gen motors?

Ghoste

I don't think it is but I'm not really sure.  The 66-67's have this harmonic drive arrangment and a bunch of open close and run relays with open and close limit switches and arrrrgh... lots of hair pulling to get running right.

Topher

All the same, I'd still like to take a crack at one of the later model motors. I think they have a permenant magnet set up inside, which should reduce the amount of time to fix one. I didn't realize that the 68 & 9s had vacuum motors. Here's what the inside of one looks like for a first gen. I would post a pic, but apparently they're too big.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL