News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whats the code for the Stripe delete Iption.

Started by deputycrawford, June 08, 2007, 10:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deputycrawford

I am decoding a 69 440 4 spd R/T car. It has an R68 instead of the R88 option. Does that mean it is a stripe delete option? I have to know. I am curious.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

hemi-hampton

I thought it V88. V68 is longitudinal while V88 is Transverse. LEON.

69RTSEV88

V88 is opt. code for tail strip delete.  V68 is delete longitude stripe (probably for other B-bodies, as I don't think you could get any kind of a longitude or body length stripe on a '69 Charger).   If the car has V88 option it should also have the die-cast chrome and red R/T badges on both rear qtrs just above the rear side markers (or at least the 2  small holes in the qtrs for the badges assuming that the qtrs are original).  According to the restoration guide I have, any code that begins with an "R" pertains to various radio/speaker options, and in those codes there are no R68 or R88 options.

Just 6T9 CHGR

:iagree:

V68 is for '70 only

Where are you finding this code?  email me what you have and Ill decode it for you

admin@1969chargerregistry.com

And more importantly have you registered yet?  :wave:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

deputycrawford

This is a friend's car. I will have to read the fender tag again. I hope someone didn't put a 70 tag on the car. I don't believe so because he has had it in inside storage for over 15 years with a DOH paint job on it. Get this: he only paid $1500 for it from another friend of mine.  :brickwall:  It still wears the 3:54 Dana but has been converted to a console car. He wants to put it back to a T5 original car. I told him to sell it to me for cheap. He said maybe tomorrow...lol   :shruggy:  I will definitely have to write the tag down again and put it on here. Should have some info as early as tomorrow night.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Ghoste

If it were a 70 tag it would turn up in the serial number portion though.  There is the (extremely slight) possibility of it being a misprint too.

deputycrawford

Hey gang, update.   It is the original fender tag. The numbers are below. I would love to give him the decode. He started getting excited about the car again when I showed him a pic of a 69 with stripe delete T5 and black vinyl top.
I left some of the VIN out to make him feel more comfortable but am dying to know what it all means. Thanks for all the input guys.    Oh yeah, one of his many other cars is a 69 Road Runner  VIN  RM23H9A252***  I believe its a 383 4 speed car. Black with black interior. Someone let me know on that one also. Thanks.

M31    R11    V1X    V88    26    (?)

A01    A33    B41    B57    G55   M21

T5      C6X    X9      117    25774 (3) ?

E86    D21    XS29   L9B    268***

69RTSEV88

Hey deputy, visit Just 6T9_CHGR's site at www.1969chargerregistry.com and click on the fender tag decoder tab.  It will bring up all of the codes listed on that fender tag.  From what I'm lookin' at it is a T5 Bronze '69 R/T built on Jan 17th '69 ("117" on tag),  the # 25774 is the sales order # that the car was ordered under from the dealer.  It is in fact a V88 stripe delete car with the A33 track pack option with a 4-speed and power front disk brakes.  This is a very nice and desirable car to have.  Definitely worth restoring if it needs it!!!!

69CoronetRT

Quote from: deputycrawford on June 14, 2007, 09:09:49 PM
Hey gang, update.   It is the original fender tag. The numbers are below. I would love to give him the decode. He started getting excited about the car again when I showed him a pic of a 69 with stripe delete T5 and black vinyl top.
I left some of the VIN out to make him feel more comfortable but am dying to know what it all means. Thanks for all the input guys.    Oh yeah, one of his many other cars is a 69 Road Runner  VIN  RM23H9A252***  I believe its a 383 4 speed car. Black with black interior. Someone let me know on that one also. Thanks.

M31    R11    V1X    V88    26    END

A01    A33    B41    B51    C55   M21

T5      C6X    X9      117    25774 (3) ?

E86    D21    XS29   L9B    268***

Try these on the 69 Charger site and see if they make more sense.... :Twocents:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.