News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How is the brake line junction block attached to the rear end housing tube?

Started by Blakcharger440, June 05, 2007, 11:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

I have found out why I am having some trouble finding brake line fittings for the brake line juction block on my Dana 60 in my 70 Charger RT.
I converted a Dana 60 out of a old dodge truck to fit in my car and apparently the junction block is different for the truck which uses 7/16 fitting and the passenger car Dana which uses 3/8 fittings.

Since I cannot find any 7/16 inch fittings to fit the junction block I am thinking on trying to swap out the junction block itself to solve my problem so I can just use the more common 3/8 fittings.

How is the brake junction block attached to the rearend housing axle tube??? And is it possible to swap it out and use a different one from a passenger car .

hemihead

The Breather for the Rear end goes through the block and screws into the housing.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Blakcharger440

Plumcrazy

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on June 06, 2007, 09:41:53 PM
So the junction block itself is welded to the housing?

The bolt which is hollow so it can act as a breather holds the junction block to the axle housing.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Shakey

Here is a photo of the one on my 8 3/4.  I'm not sure if the Dana uses the same set up.

Anyways, as mentioned, the bolt goes through the junction block and threads into the differential housing.  I'll look for a photo of the block itself but I don't think I have one.

Blakcharger440

Do they sell that junction block at any auto parts store or is it something I will have to get from a salvage
8 3/4 car?

Hey Shakey the fittings that are on the left and right side of my junction block are the same size as the fitting that goes toward the front of the car 7/16.

Here is a pic of the one in my car right now, but this Dana is out of a 70 Dodge PU. I am going to look in the salvage yards for a junction block from a 8 3/4 as maybe it will fit and solve my problem.

I always find out good information from the guys here on this board and i appreciate it!

1973_WP29P

You can buy adapters to go from one size to another. You are saying you have 7/16 and 3/8 fittings. Those must be the wrench sizes you are using. They are actually 3/16" lines and probably 1/4"lines.

Rod