News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do you lower windows to install fuzzies?? Please help!

Started by Telvis, June 10, 2007, 05:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

Can anyone describe the process of lowering the door and quarter windows below the normal level in order to make installation of window fuzzies easier. I really need this asap.  I want to install them tonight.

No joking about cranking the windows down.  :icon_smile_big:   I know there is a stop that keeps the window from going down. I need to know how to move the window lower than the normal operating level.

hemi-hampton

68chrgrwife

the only thing I can think of is to completely remove the window...unscrew the stop (threw door panel) and take the window out.  Otherwise there would not be any other way that I could think/see doing it. 
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Telvis

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 10, 2007, 06:27:54 PM
Just remove the stops. LEON.

I know there is a stop and the way to lower the window is to remove or loosen it. I just don't know where the stop is exactly. Can someone maybe post a picture of give me some idea where the stop is and how to remove it. I also need to do the quarter windows.

68chrgrwife

is it manual or electric windows?  If you have electric I might be able to take pics.....we just reinstalled our windows recently.  If you take the door panel off there will be the track that holds the window..on there will be a bolt that holds the window onto the track..just remove that bolt and the window will be able to be removed.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

Telvis

41husk

not sure on 2nd gen, but the 73 has a rubber stop at the very bottom of the door in the middle, remove that and the window will roll down far enough to get the old felt out and install the new.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

68chrgrwife

Sorry, we have electric, but hubby said either way you could remove the window otherwise not sure
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

Telvis

I don't want to remove the window. I just need to get it about an inch lower than it's normal low position. I know it can be done I just can't figure out how to do it. I can remove the window. I don't want to do that just to install window fuzzies. My car is a 68 if that helps.

Silver R/T

best way would be to take door panels off and remove glass then install the fuzzies
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Telvis

I got it guys. Thanks! I was able to install the fuzzies without lowering the glass.