News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dyno results

Started by Super68, June 05, 2007, 04:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super68

Hi everyone,

My car has been running rough for such a long time that I finally took it to get dyno tuned. Best money I've ever spent and I should have done it long ago. It runs so much better now and is a pleasure to drive.

It's a 383 with an auto and has 3.23 gears. It put down 175hp at the rear wheels and I just wanted to know if that number is about right for a fairly stock engine.

Cheers
Andrew

firefighter3931

There can be a lot of variation from chassis dyno to chassis dyno so don't place too much weight on the number. The important thing is that the car now runs much better and is properly tuned.  :yesnod:

The 175hp does seem a little on the low side but it could just be the dyno....Mustang chassis dynos are notorious for reading low.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Super68

Yeah I'm not to worried about the hp number as it gives me something to work from at least. It still chirps the tyres going through the gears  :icon_smile_big:

I hope to be upgrading to and engle K56 cam in the next few months so I will be able to see what perfomance that delivers.

Andrew

Corellian Corvette

What was the TQ number? HP can sometimes get too much importance placed on it. Torque is what gets you moving :)

Super68

Max torque was 498 NM and in foot-pounds converts to 367.3. I don't know how good that compares to other cars as I haven't looked that closely at their numbers

Cheers.