News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

360 (5.9) Magnum Oil Pan bolt pattern same as LA/Commando style?

Started by bee_fishy_6869, June 04, 2007, 09:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bee_fishy_6869

Hey Guys,
I'm building up a 360 using a magnum shortblock from a truck. Basically cloning a crate magnum to save some $. I need to switch from rear oil pain (truck style) to center sump in order to fit in my 69 b-body. I was trying to find a part # but came up with nothing. I was reading the specs on a 360 magnum crate from mopar and it says "includes new center sump oil pan similar to commando engine".

Can I just order the small block center sump oil pan from the LA style and it'll bolt up to the magnum?
Thanks for the help.

firefighter3931

Mark, as far as i know the LA and Magnum engines use the same pan. Mancini carries them as a package....give them a call and confirm. This kit comes with a matching pickup and dipstick...nice !  :icon_smile_big:

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/mo360cesu.html

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

bee_fishy_6869

Ron,
you always seem to come thru! I read a forum on moparts and one guy mentioned he did the same. 'Thanks for the help as usual. \

Cheers

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip