News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Edelbrock STR-15 intake

Started by max, July 17, 2007, 10:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

max

can anyone give me some ideas what to look for on an Edelbrock STR-15 intake and did all of them come in the 2x4 design and what would be a good price for one in good shape?

what kind of rpm range are they good for as well?

Chryco Psycho

skip the intake , they have a # of tops available , they are worth $1000 or more , they have no bottom end power
& work from 3500 RPM up

max

thanks Chryco Psycho, i had no idea that the rpm range started out that high or they had different tops.

i can get this one alot cheaper then $1000.00 but it sounds like it would only be good for flipping. :scratchchin:

Chryco Psycho

I saw 2 at carlilse for the RB / STR 14  & both were aksing over $1000 , not sure if either sold though

firefighter3931

The STR's were descent race manifolds but were plagued with fuel distribution problems from the get-go. There was a list of mods in the old DC manual on how to fix them up with dams to help with fuel/distribution & puddleing. Some NSS guys might be interested in that manifold for a 451/470 build where class rules dictate that a 2x4 crossram manifold is required for competition in that class. If it's cheap....grab it and flip it on E-bag. :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

max

i talked to the fellow on the phone that has the intake and it sounds like a nice piece. it hasn't been welded or cut on but there has been one heli coil used where the lid bolts on and the throttle bracket hole has been enlarged to the next size due to it being stripped at one time.

the lid is an inline 2x4 and there isn't any linkage for it. he priced it to me for under $500.00.

Challenger340

Quote from: max on July 20, 2007, 10:07:09 PM
i talked to the fellow on the phone that has the intake and it sounds like a nice piece. it hasn't been welded or cut on but there has been one heli coil used where the lid bolts on and the throttle bracket hole has been enlarged to the next size due to it being stripped at one time.

the lid is an inline 2x4 and there isn't any linkage for it. he priced it to me for under $500.00.

Sounds like a fair price then.

I ran one for many years on an RB engine(str14), just for the "eye candy".
I'm curious how the manifold would respond these days, given the larger displacement stroker engines earlier demand ?
Bob out.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

max

well, i ended up buying it and it hasn't had the runner mods or been welded on coarse those top mounting bolt holes have been opened up to the next size. he also threw in a set of intake spacer plates so it could be used on a RB engine as well.

Charger1973

That thing is strange looking. 

max

Quote from: Charger1973 on July 22, 2007, 02:08:00 AM
That thing is strange looking. 

i thought it was strange looking as well but what really missed with my mind was thinking how long those intake bolts need to be for the center of it. :o