News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 Source Heads - $900 a SET coming Feb !!!!!

Started by Super68, June 03, 2007, 10:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super68

jg68

That is an awsome price on those heads ;)

Chatt69chgr

Thats an incredible deal.  And they come with bronze guides, the big stainless valves, hardened seats, 84cc chambers, and straight plug arrangement.  I may have to change my engine build plan to use those.

RD

holy shnikes... i am waiting now... you cant beat that price... gosh I love how they give the big boys a run for their money.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Rocky

Wow, with these heads and the new block it will probably cost a little more than 5 grand to put together a brand new 512 stroker.  Count me in.  :drool5:

Super68

I'm no Nostradamus but I think I can see a 440 source crate engine on the horizon.  :yesnod:

firefighter3931

That's a really good price.  :icon_smile_big: The 440Source head sounds like a knockoff of the new MP aluminum 452 casting that is being made by Edelbrock.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

dkn1997

Quote from: firefighter3931 on June 07, 2007, 08:16:04 AM
That's a really good price.  :icon_smile_big: The 440Source head sounds like a knockoff of the new MP aluminum 452 casting that is being made by Edelbrock.  :yesnod:

Ron

exactly.  sounds too good to be true, but I am waiting now.  I was very close to buying a set of the mp's but I would rather wait and save 600 bucks.  Hell, I have 346's with 2.14/1.81 valves and new comp springs already, maybe I will totally cheap out and try to snag the 700.00 ones!!
RECHRGED

firefighter3931

Quote from: dkn1997 on June 07, 2007, 07:47:33 PM

Hell, I have 346's with 2.14/1.81 valves and new comp springs already, maybe I will totally cheap out and try to snag the 700.00 ones!!

That would be the way i would go.  :icon_smile_big: We won't know what the quality is like until these things hit the market and who knows what type of valve and spring will be used. Yours are probably descent quality....Stainless valves and Comp springs.  ;)

Ever see the Aero Head advertisments in the magazines ? All prepped E-heads and ready to go for cheaper than you can buy them anywhere else....almost sounds too good to be true ....because it is ! I've heard from more than one source that Aero Head swaps out the Edelbrock valves & springs and swaps in some inferior parts.  :P You need to be careful and pay close attention when looking at these "deals".  :-\

Not saying that this will be the case with the 440 source stuff....but i'll be interested to see what type (quality) of parts will come with these heads. Hopefully it will be top shelf stuff. Their other parts to date have been really descent quality with good feedback from what i've read.

I bought some stuff from them and have been happy with the price and quality.....hoping that these heads turn out to be the "real deal"

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Mike DC

Everybody seems to love the casting improvements in the Eddy RPM heads over the stockers, though. 

If 440 Source is gonna knock off the factory 452 casting, then is it really worth it over the Eddy RPM head? 
It just sounds like a chance to pay several hundred bucks less for a new casting that needs several hundred bucks more porting work.

Rocky

You mean that MP didn't just have Vic Jr. slap the 452 casting number on the Edelbrock RPM's?   ???  But, that means that they would have to invested some money just to slap their logo on someone else's product.  Does anyone know for sure?

dkn1997

Quote from: Rocky on June 07, 2007, 10:01:54 PM
You mean that MP didn't just have Vic Jr. slap the 452 casting number on the Edelbrock RPM's?   ???  But, that means that they would have to invested some money just to slap their logo on someone else's product.  Does anyone know for sure?

From everything I have read, that's exactly what mp did.  it's the same head as the rpm, but straight plug.  Has all the same specs as eddy heads.  these 440 source heads sound very similar to the eddy's as well.  why did mp put 452 on them?  I don't really know, but people over at moparts said it's to make them legal in some racing classes that allow stock heads.  seems like there is already acceptance of some ford motorsport heads with original casting numbers.

and ron, yes, I do have g manley stainless valves.  It's pretty exciting to think I could be out the door for a grand including gaskets and a cam swap. 
RECHRGED

Runner

yup isnt it nice to be able to have edlebrock do all the r and d work on the e head only to have someone in china copy them and sell them for a fair bit less.  to be honest im glad i payed 1260 for my eheads instead of the chinese knock off for 360 dollars less.   

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

Rocky

Quote from: Runner on June 07, 2007, 10:47:24 PM
yup isnt it nice to be able to have edlebrock do all the r and d work on the e head only to have someone in china copy them and sell them for a fair bit less.  to be honest im glad i payed 1260 for my eheads instead of the chinese knock off for 360 dollars less.   

I'm glad you bought the E-heads instead of paying 148 more for the "New" Mopar knock off.                                 

Runner

Quote from: Rocky on June 07, 2007, 11:11:02 PM
Quote from: Runner on June 07, 2007, 10:47:24 PM

I'm glad you bought the E-heads instead of paying 148 more for the "New" Mopar knock off.                                 

the differance would be that im pretty sure edelbrock is supplying mopar with the new head,  not having thier r&d ripped off.

Rocky

The difference I was trying to point out was that Mopar Performance is doing the same thing only ripping off the consumer, not the developer.
I'd love to see what Ma Mopar is paying for each head they get from Edelbrock.  Do you think that it is more than we would pay?

Let's see what the consumers preferr.

Mike DC

So what's the difference between the Eddy RPMs and this new aluminum head (from MP, or 440Source, or whoever)?

I have a hard time picturing Edelbrock handing MP a product that directly competes with their own big-selling Mopar head.

Mfr426

This looks like a heck of a good price... I need a set to complete my stroker project.

I did a stroker kit back in late 06 and had them balance the package. My machinist said the entire kit was VERY high quality and they know what the hell they are doing. He was impressed. I hope these heads match the stroker kit quality...

Runner

rocky i see your point,  mopar seems to like to put the screws to its fans.

Ghoste

I seem to recall what my parents used to say when I was arguing with my brother or sister about two wrongs...

Silver R/T

pretty good heads for the price but I want to go with procharger (centrifugal supercharger). Would be nice to get those with 88cc.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

is_it_EVER_done?

:o Some of you guys must be clairvoyant! No one has even seen a prototype or even a drawing, yet Brandon is getting crucified for ripping of Edelbrock.

Brandon is a pretty smart guy, I doubt he will put himself in the position to get sued for copying someone else's design. Perhaps Edelbrock should get hammered for copying the 906/452's?

The point is that until they exist, perhaps we should just be happy that he is "again" making it cheaper for us Moper enthusiasts to build power and reduce weight, instead of crucifying him for some non-existent rip-off, or lack of quality controll.

As for the MP 452 casting. It's cast/built by Edelbrock under contract for MP so that they are legal as stock replacement heads. NO MYSTERY, nor is there any "rip-off" going on! What exactly do some of you find unacceptable about this?

I have suggested (pleaded) with Brandon on several occasions to STOP building parts for Mopars, and instead go with the lucrative late model Ford, and Chevy market! Why? because most Mopar people are unappreciative asses, and don't deserve to have good/cheap parts. He (amazingly) feels that the Mopar people are thankful and appreciative. I guess he obviously doesn't read this site!

As for me, I say thank you Brandon! You have done MORE for the Mopar enthusiast than EVERYONE combined has done in the past. Keep up the good work. Many don't deserve it, but you keep providing anyway.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 08, 2007, 12:49:02 AM

So what's the difference between the Eddy RPMs and this new aluminum head (from MP, or 440Source, or whoever)?

I have a hard time picturing Edelbrock handing MP a product that directly competes with their own big-selling Mopar head.

Edelbrock does ALOT of work for Mopar Performance...     including the new (to be released) Hemi 6-pack intake...      what a cluster **** that is...      MP wants a provision for a choke..    that is what is currently hindering the release.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Runner

Quote from: is_it_EVER_done? on June 08, 2007, 06:33:20 PM
:o Some of you guys must be clairvoyant! No one has even seen a prototype or even a drawing, yet Brandon is getting crucified for ripping of Edelbrock.

Brandon is a pretty smart guy, I doubt he will put himself in the position to get sued for copying someone else's design. Perhaps Edelbrock should get hammered for copying the 906/452's?

The point is that until they exist, perhaps we should just be happy that he is "again" making it cheaper for us Moper enthusiasts to build power and reduce weight, instead of crucifying him for some non-existent rip-off, or lack of quality controll.

As for the MP 452 casting. It's cast/built by Edelbrock under contract for MP so that they are legal as stock replacement heads. NO MYSTERY, nor is there any "rip-off" going on! What exactly do some of you find unacceptable about this?

I have suggested (pleaded) with Brandon on several occasions to STOP building parts for Mopars, and instead go with the lucrative late model Ford, and Chevy market! Why? because most Mopar people are unappreciative asses, and don't deserve to have good/cheap parts. He (amazingly) feels that the Mopar people are thankful and appreciative. I guess he obviously doesn't read this site!

As for me, I say thank you Brandon! You have done MORE for the Mopar enthusiast than EVERYONE combined has done in the past. Keep up the good work. Many don't deserve it, but you keep providing anyway.

ive bought plenty from 440 source, he stuff is OK.  so you can step off your soap box now   

max

this is what Brandon (440 source) posted about the heads on moparts. either way if they end up being good heads the price sure couldn't be beat.

Quote440sourcedotcom
enthusiast

Fri Jun 08 2007 05:24 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Our heads will not look anything like the edelbrocks. In fact, they'll look almost indistinguishable from a factory head from the outside, but have the airflow and strength of an aftermarket aluminum head.

Truly "stealth"

They also wont have angle plugs like the edelbrocks, so you won't have to buy $800 TTI headers to make them work.[QUOTE/]