News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to solve TSM rear disc brake hose problems...Pic included.

Started by Blakcharger440, June 04, 2007, 03:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

I have a TSM rear disc brake kit and the stainless hoses that were supplied with the kit do not reach all the way to the junction block on top of the axle (Dana 60) as it comes up short about 5 inches.
Its 7/16 inch fitting at junction block and 3/8 at the disc brake hose end.  And it seems the junction block is standard thread while the disc brake hose is metric...What to do?

moparguy01

a good parts store should have the fittings to make that work. youll need to get a metric fitting that will fit on a standard line (yes they make them) then run a small peice of tubing with the correct fitting on the other side. its a pain in the butt, but it is possible.

Blakcharger440

I cant find a place that sells the 7/16 fitting that goes into the junction block for 3/16 brake line???

70charger_boy

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on June 04, 2007, 08:23:17 PM
I cant find a place that sells the 7/16 fitting that goes into the junction block for 3/16 brake line???

I know it sounds funny, but how about Home Depot?

moparguy01

or a hydraulic place. alot of them have real oddball stuff. you also might have to use more than 1 adapter to get it done. its hard to say really.