News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got some new shoes....what do ya think?

Started by DC_1, June 03, 2007, 08:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

I go tthese at Xmas time and only now got around to putting them on. The wife refused to go on any rides with me because she said the car looked like an old man shoukd be driving it.  For you mopar purist I still have the steelies and will probably go back and forth between these and them.

Let me know your thoughts.

btw....they are Boyd Codington JYDs and are 18" rear and 17" front

69bronzeT5

I think they defintley deserve this smilie: :drool5:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

71ChallengeHer

twenty mike mike

You need to get your wife a nice gift just for having a good attitude!

Back N Black

I think it looks real nice, not only the rims the car also! :yesnod:

ramit

69charger2002

i really really lke those on that car. looks sweet. i'm not a fan of steelies at all, just because they came with them from the factory in 1968, doesn't mean they necessarily look the best 39 years later. some things it's ok to change
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Recharger

Looks great, I like 'em   :coolgleamA:   Those were actually the wheels I wanted originally, but they don't make them in 15" (or in my price range) so I went with Foose Nitrous instead...

mikesbbody

i have seen oversized wheels make a car look both good, and bad in your case good!  :2thumbs: im not into the big wheel thing but i wouldnt go back to the steelies

Ghoste

I'll admit that as soon as I saw the name Coddington I was ready to pass judgment but once I looked at the pics, I like them.  They look really good on the car.
BTW, your wife and mine must be related somehow because my wife has always insisted that the 2nd gen Chargers were some of the ugliest cars ever made.  She has always told me they look like something a little old lady would drive.  I've always told her she is the only person on the planet who feels that way so I won't be mentioning your wife to her, it'll only encourage her.

DC_1

Thanks for the comments fellas!

I looked for a while and actually tossed a loonie....errrrrr.....coin between these and Magnum 500s. I did however want to fill out the wheel wells without looking like a ricer on ruber bands so this combo seem to be right. I saw these very wheels on Norwaychargers car and since it is one of my favs I went the same route.

Thanks again

Darren

Charger_Croatia

This is the example why it is good to see wheels on the car instead to make judgement based on catalog photo. Nice!  :2thumbs:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

BrianShaughnessy

Sweeet!  :coolgleamA:

Even if I think Boyd is a putz,  those JYD's look good!.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Just 6T9 CHGR

They look great.....also jealous of your garage ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jasonfromIKILLYA

"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Rondo68

Looks Awesome!!!!  Nice car, mine is identical but I'm looking at updating the old centrelines. Can u tell me what size rubber u have? and setbacks? Thanks!!

NYCMille

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: Sydmoe on June 04, 2007, 05:29:26 AM
Thanks for the comments fellas!

I saw these very wheels on Norwaychargers car and since it is one of my favs I went the same route.

Thanks again

Darren

I did the same thing. From Newstalgia.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

DC_1

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on June 04, 2007, 07:44:29 AM
They look great.....also jealous of your garage ;)

Don't be.....unless you have no garage at all. Although I have 3 doors it is really not all that big. First door has a small 3 step stair case in the middle of the wall to enter the house so the first bay is almost unusable for anything other than bikes and occasionally the lawnmower when I am too lazy to put it in the shed in the back. Also the garage is only 20 feet deep so not a lot of room once the chager is in. Still better than no garage at all though!

DC_1

Quote from: Rondo68 on June 04, 2007, 10:52:22 AM
Can u tell me what size rubber u have? and setbacks? Thanks!!

Sure

Rear is 18x10 with 4,5" backspace. 295,45,18 tire
Front is 17x8 with 4,5"-----"-------. 245,45,17 tire

Brock Samson

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Sydmoe on June 04, 2007, 06:15:08 PM

Sure

not to question your choices but wouldnt 5" BS be a little better fitting on the rear ?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

UFO

With the price of gas maybe these "new shoes" are more appropriate. LOL
The only way the above statement is true is when the right one is pushed to the firewall.
Nice looking charger.I`m also not a fan of big wheels but those do look good.

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on June 04, 2007, 06:21:29 PM
Quote from: Sydmoe on June 04, 2007, 06:15:08 PM

Sure

not to question your choices but wouldnt 5" BS be a little better fitting on the rear ?

I ordered my 18 X 10's with 5" backspacing. The reason being is what NorwayCharger mentioned about the "hump" inside the wheel well, on top, near the wheel well opening. He intended on lowering his car and wanted the extra clearance. I chose 5" for added insurance against rubbing. You can always use spacers (although I wouldn't want to unless I had to) to bring the wheel back out a bit. You can't move it in short of machining or narrowing the rear. Cost and ease of using spacers if need be helped make my decision on 5" backspacing.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

DC_1

I made a typo error so I appologize to all you sharp guys out there......I did go 5" BS for the rear to avoid any clearance issues.

The only thing I don't like is the way the car sits now. The ass end is too high. Looks like I need to do something about the springs now.