News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Eddys with diamond domed pistons?

Started by Kryp2nitE, May 25, 2007, 02:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryp2nitE

The new drivetrain going into that charger is going to be pirated out or a friends mud bog truck.

it sits about 11 to 1 with diamond pistons and 79-80 cc Iron heads.

i would like to swap those out for eddies asap so i can use pump gas

will i be killing myself, quench wise not using a flat top with them?

not knowing cam specs off hand, if they work with the 906's on there, will the valves hit with the eddies?

ill post more info about it later

Kryp2nitE

bump all i found out about the engine is that it has an ohio crank and eagle rods and he said the diamond pistons were close to the shelf diamond ones, he said he only took 5 thou off the heads to even them out

has anyone on here had experience with diamond domed pistons and eddys?

firefighter3931

Are you sure that the pistons are domed ? I would expect that a domed slug would produce more than 11.0 :1 compression with an 80 cc chamber. See if you can get a part number for the Diamonds and any notes on the engine assembly ; deckheight, dome volume etc...

The diamond pistons are compatible with the e-heads and usually have the valve reliefs in the proper location for the eddiy's.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Kryp2nitE

they are either 52440 or 52442 he doesnt remember how much the bores are punched, ill find out about deckheight though

firefighter3931

Quote from: Kryp2nitE on May 26, 2007, 11:11:19 AM
they are either 52440 or 52442 he doesnt remember how much the bores are punched, ill find out about deckheight though

Krypto,

I checked the Diamond website and those will work fine with the e-heads...lots of valve relief area and a small 9cc dome. They are similar to the old TRW 2295 "pop up" slugs. Diamond also makes a high compression piston specificly for the Edelbrock head that yields a 12-13:1 compression ratio depending on chamber volume, deckheight, gasket thickness etc...those are the pistons i thought you were referencing.  ;)

If you can get the piston to deck measurement & bore dimension then it will be easy to calculate the static compression ratio using the 84cc chambers and a .040 composite head gasket.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs