News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look what hubby found

Started by 68chrgrwife, May 31, 2007, 03:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman68

live in southern cali not too many deals around here for mopar.you would be lucky to even find a mopar..
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

472 R/T SE

Don't mean to rain on your parade but...the body is tweaked from having the roof chopped off it and setting on blocks.  Look at how the bottom door gap is off at the rear of the door.  The front clip and trunk clip are sagging due to not having the structural integrity of the roof.
Lots a work ahead.  :o

nh_mopar_fan

Yeah, that'll buff right out.

If you can't find a decent a-body in better condition that that for cheap money, I suggest that you're not looking very hard.

Chris G.

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on June 01, 2007, 01:51:13 PM
Don't mean to rain on your parade but...the body is tweaked from having the roof chopped off it and setting on blocks.  Look at how the bottom door gap is off at the rear of the door.  The front clip and trunk clip are sagging due to not having the structural integrity of the roof.
Lots a work ahead.  :o

I agree 100%. Run away from that car. You can still find nice cream puff Darts for under 2K. It would probably cost you another grand just to get that thing off the blocks and home. Not to mention it probably has a slavage title. Keep looking, Darts are easy to find.

chargerman68

Big Lebowski

Dude, I'm a San Diego Pick a Part guy & I'm 99% sure that once the car is up on the blocks, you can't buy it. That's why they have complete rollers in front for sale, and trust me I know know too many local Mopar vultures that literally live at Pick a part, Ecology, etc. A guy known as B body Bob was actually banned from Ecology for profiteering. (He buys 8 3/4 390 sure-grips for $75 then sells them for $400 on E-bay. Duh, like doesn't everybody do that?)
       What I'm getting at is, while you're waiting for an answer...the local Mopar vultures are stripping it as we speak like a calf in a Piranha pond. :D
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

chargerman68

thanks...know about that guy we fight almost every wekend over parts..where abouts in san diego r u at...having some wiring problems looking for advice.thanks

Doright

there is way better darts out there that would be a lot nicer for cheaper money keep looking
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

Big Lebowski

Quote from: chargerman68 on June 02, 2007, 12:05:41 AM
thanks...know about that guy we fight almost every wekend over parts..where abouts in san diego r u at...having some wiring problems looking for advice.thanks

I've had good luck with Broadway elec. in Lemon Grove. They always work on Mopars from Soledad Performance, that's the guy (Chris Kane) who has alot of Chargers in his resto shop down the street at 7636 Lemon ave. by H. Depot.

About the wiring, try the simple stuff first like cleaning the grounds...body, firewall, engine. Then clean the bulkhead connections at the firewall, that's where 99% of the problems are. Dude
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."