News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Unmolested 69 Charger R/T

Started by charger_lady, May 31, 2007, 12:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_lady

Ok...we haven't seen this guy since back in the 80's...back when ours was purple.
So when we saw him the other week I got all excited!
He has owned his Charger for 32yrs. and has kept it out of the elements.
Its never had any body work done to it. They are all the factory body panels!!
It has just over 95 000 original miles on the factory original 426 Hemi.
The factory undercoat is still visible uder this beauty :yesnod: :coolgleamA:
The shocking part is he's selling it now after all these years!!!!!

bull

69charger2002

wow that is a cool car. what is he gonna want for it? are you gonna get it
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

TUFCAT

Okay....we're now officially "fished in"  ::)

charger_lady

I only wish I could buy this one!!!!
I did come home that night and tell the kids we're selling the house so I hope they don't mind living in the tent...lol
He wasn't even sure what he's gonna ask for it. You don't find them in this good condition too often.
He'll be advertising this in the very near future (he said in the next week or two).
What do you guys think it would be worth anyway?

RD

Quote from: charger_lady on May 31, 2007, 01:05:33 PM
I did come home that night and tell the kids we're selling the house so I hope they don't mind living in the tent...lol
He wasn't even sure what he's gonna ask for it. You don't find them in this good condition too often.
He'll be advertising this in the very near future (he said in the next week or two).

obviously less than a 74 Spring special charger, so what, $2500? hehehehe j/k LOL  :rofl: :rofl:

I do not know, but I would guess$75-100K dependent upon the condition.  That is probably a low ball.  Ask hemigeno.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

charger_lady

Quote from: RD on May 31, 2007, 01:09:38 PM
Quote from: charger_lady on May 31, 2007, 01:05:33 PM

obviously less than a 74 Spring special charger, so what, $2500? hehehehe j/k LOL  :rofl: :rofl:

I do not know, but I would guess$75-100K dependent upon the condition.  That is probably a low ball.  Ask hemigeno.

hahaha...I think he bought the car for like $4000 back in the 70's...lol...and he said he paid too much back then  :yesnod: :icon_smile_wink:
This car is SOLID all around...inside and out!!
It has never had ANY work done to it...other than new paint. The reason was that it had been stolen years ago and the theives had scratched the word 'Hemi' in the front fenders. Thats it...it's all factory original. He rarely takes it out! This here is a definite trailer queen!!!

Shakey

When Dodge Don and I went out for our Friday night beers a few months back, another fella named Nick (another '70 owner that hangs  out at the 70 Registry) joined us.  He knew of this car also and we were planning on going to see it and take some reference photos, one of these days.  It must be this one because there cannot be that many '69 Hemi Chargers running around Hamilton, ON.

If you know he's going to put it up for sale, mention this site and ask him to offer it here in advance to see if there are any takers.  Just a thought.

I'm out as I've already got a Charger.

Looks nice though.

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: charger_lady on May 31, 2007, 01:23:05 PM

hahaha...I think he bought the car for like $4000 back in the 70's...lol...and he said he paid too much back then 

I'll double his money AND pay for the UVIP!   :icon_smile_big:

I'll even walk to Hamilton to pick it up...

Magnumcharger

I wonder which one it is......?
XS29J9B215858?
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

bull

Where's Chris? Isn't he supposed to be begging for the VIN by now? :D

Charger_Fan

I hope he finds a good owner for it...instead of the poor thing going from flipper to flipper for the next few years.
At least he'll have some decent influx to the retirement account coming soon. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

twenty mike mike

So, instead of being a Microsoft Millionaire, he's going to be a Mopar Millionaire.

hemigeno

That really does look like a well-kept car.  Auto or 4-speed?  Is that the original paint too?  I'd be surprised if a car with that many miles on it looking that good was still wearing original paint.  What other options did it come with?

If it's all numbers-matching with some documentation to go with it, I'd say that car could go for some pretty big dollars.  Even more than what RD was throwing out there.  A totally unrestored, original condition/paint numbers-matching Hemicar with some paperwork to boot might very easily sell for more than a fully restored car would.  If it's been repainted and/or an older restoration, that might actually knock the value down somewhat and the higher mileage doesn't help either.  Hard to say without a whole lot more info and details.

No matter what, it looks like a neat car!

whitehatspecial

Nice car and will bring big bucks especially for the hemi name plate. I wouldn't consider a repainted car "unmolested" though.  :thumbs:
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

Brock Samson

Quote from: charger_lady on May 31, 2007, 01:23:05 PM
Quote from: RD on May 31, 2007, 01:09:38 PM

hahaha...I think he bought the car for like $4000 back in the 70's...lol...and he said he paid too much back then  :yesnod: :icon_smile_wink:
This car is SOLID all around...inside and out!!
It has never had ANY work done to it...other than new paint. The reason was that it had been stolen years ago and the theives had scratched the word 'Hemi' in the front fenders. Thats it...it's all factory original. He rarely takes it out! This here is a definite trailer queen!!!
                      :eyes:

i suspect the fact that's it's black and non vynal topped has to add to it's value don't ya' think?..
so auto or stick?..

Dan T

Quote from: Shakey on May 31, 2007, 02:16:30 PM
When Dodge Don and I went out for our Friday night beers a few months back, another fella named Nick (another '70 owner that hangs  out at the 70 Registry) joined us.  He knew of this car also and we were planning on going to see it and take some reference photos, one of these days.  It must be this one because there cannot be that many '69 Hemi Chargers running around Hamilton, ON.

If you know he's going to put it up for sale, mention this site and ask him to offer it here in advance to see if there are any takers.  Just a thought.

Looks nice though.

If you guys do decide to check it out, please let me know, I'd love to grab a few shots of it as well while it's still here. As this car could possibly end up in the States.

1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bull on May 31, 2007, 04:48:23 PM
Where's Chris? Isn't he supposed to be begging for the VIN by now? :D

No begging here......if someone wants to volunteer the info thats a different story
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shakey

Quote from: Dan T on May 31, 2007, 10:18:02 PM

Looks nice though.

If you guys do decide to check it out, please let me know, I'd love to grab a few shots of it as well while it's still here. As this car could possibly end up in the States.

Speaking of photos Dan - I'd like to get a bunch of your car as well for reference.  We're probably due for some Friday night beers pretty soon.  I'll look at the calendar and bump that old thread soon.

Ghoste

A little begging is okay Chris.  Some people don't understand the importance of the registries.

Chris G.

Quote from: Ghoste on June 01, 2007, 07:04:22 AM
A little begging is okay Chris.  Some people don't understand the importance of the registries.

I always liked Ghoste.  :yesnod: Not sure if the feeling is mutual though.  :P

BTW, the begging comment came from a '68 guy. Those are the guys always complaining there is no '68 registry, but at the same time want no part of running one. They are just one big mess.  :P :icon_smile_wink:

charger_lady

Looks nice though.

This would be the only Hemi Charger in the city that I know of  :icon_smile_wink:
I did tell him to check out the forum knowing some of the guys here might be interested in it.
He didn't seem to interested in coming here though.
No doubt this Charger will end up in the US...he knows it too :yesnod: :icon_smile_wink:

Quote from: hemigeno on May 31, 2007, 06:16:21 PM
That really does look like a well-kept car.  Auto or 4-speed?  Is that the original paint too?  I'd be surprised if a car with that many miles on it looking that good was still wearing original paint.  What other options did it come with?

If it's all numbers-matching with some documentation to go with it, I'd say that car could go for some pretty big dollars.  Even more than what RD was throwing out there.  A totally unrestored, original condition/paint numbers-matching Hemicar with some paperwork to boot might very easily sell for more than a fully restored car would.  If it's been repainted and/or an older restoration, that might actually knock the value down somewhat and the higher mileage doesn't help either.  Hard to say without a whole lot more info and details.

No matter what, it looks like a neat car!

As I said, we have known this guy and his car since '86.
It's an automatic.
Not sure of all options it came with.
We only talked to him for about half hr.
This car has never had body work done.
All original factory body panels.
The paint had to be done due to the thieves.
Who's gonna drive around with Hemi scratched into the fenders.
He has plenty of documentation too.
In the last 20 yrs the guy has put on about 20 000 miles and most of those would have been back in the 80's.
As for his vin...sorry guys but thats his info to give out not mine.
When we see him again I'll grab some more pics.(interior & engine)
I would have gotten more pics but the batteries died on me.
As soon as I know where he's advertising I'll let y'all know. :icon_smile_wink:

bull

Quote from: Chris G. on June 01, 2007, 07:15:04 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on June 01, 2007, 07:04:22 AM

I always liked Ghoste.  :yesnod: Not sure if the feeling is mutual though.  :P

BTW, the begging comment came from a '68 guy. Those are the guys always complaining there is no '68 registry, but at the same time want no part of running one. They are just one big mess.  :P :icon_smile_wink:

That's why we own the perfect car. It makes up for our shortcomings.

Besides, I'm not the one to run a website because I'd prefer it be done right. Same reason I won't be painting my own car.

Sinister68

Quote from: Chris G. on June 01, 2007, 07:15:04 AM

I contacted Jim Shine and am still looking at starting up the '68 Charger registry site. 

:icon_smile_big: Its just that the '70 and '69 sites are sooo intimidating!  :D  :D  :D
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Chris G.

Quote from: Sinister68 on June 01, 2007, 04:39:55 PM
I contacted Jim Shine and am still looking at starting up the '68 Charger registry site. 

You guys are missing a ton of stuff everyday you put it off. The cars on ebay, for sale ads, etc... need to be documented. Can you imagine if say...3 years ago you started documenting these cars? You would have a nice number registered. Now they may have dissapeared forever. Even if you don't start it soon, but know you will eventually, document these cars and save them on your computer.

ps- Sorry for the hijack

Dan T

I have a few pics of a '69 Hemi Charger at car show which was held at Islington Chrysler in 1984. It was put on by one of the Toronto Mopar clubs back in the '80's. I know the car was Orange with a black roof. Whether or not it was original who knows, but I believe it was. I doubt there was much cloning back then. I remember the plate and when I dig up the photo, I'll try and scan it.

Shakey, as far as getting together, sure no problem, just let me know.

:yesnod:
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Quote from: Chris G. on June 01, 2007, 07:15:04 AMI always liked Ghoste.  :yesnod: Not sure if the feeling is mutual though.  :P

What??  Again the issue of internet communication cuz I had always thought it was the other way around. :-\

There have been topics where we've each expressed an opposing opinion but I don't recall any flames and I'll quickly and publicly apologize for anything I've posted to you that could have been taken that way.  Trust me, I'd be the first guy to buy you a beer Chris.  :cheers:

Dan T

Hey Ghoste,
How's my old beast running??
I grabbed a few pics of her at the 'nats..
Can believe it was so long ago that I had the car.
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Ahhh, okay I guess.  It's tired and I haven't always been kind to her.  If you go to Columbus this year we have to try and get together.  I can likely share a few stories with you that will just make you mad but you know how it goes.
In all honesty Dan, I wanted another 69 but I had new daughter and we were moving to a larger home (and mortgage) so I knew I had to move quick or it might be years before I had another musclecar.  Yours came up and it wasn't what I wanted but the price was right so here I am.  I thought I'd drive it for a few years and get what I lusted for and move the 67 down the line but it grew on me.  I still want, no, NEED another 69 but I don't think I could let this one go so easily anymore and it needs to have some money invested in it extremely soon.  We jsut put in a pool and part of the negotiations for that were that I get to spend a bunch on the 67.  Between the lowest production year, the vinyl top, the disc brakes and the recall steering wheel, do you have any idea how rare that car is?

Dan T

It's funny how things go. I purchased that car for the exact same reason. I wanted a '69, but the '67 came up and I couldn't turn it down. When I bought it back in '90, I was just planning to rebuiild the engine and flip it. Then I held onto it until you bought it, which was, '97 I believe? I do know how rare the car is, which is why it took so long to decide whether I wanted to give it a proper resto or just sell it. Anyway, thought I'd go after what I really wanted, but here we are 10 yrs later and I only just found the car I wanted now.
Anyway, we should catch up. BTW, not sure if you knew all of the particulars, but the car apparently had a black top, and the interior was Bronze/Black. Just thought I'd pass that on, probably increases the rarity factor and I can't remember if you knew all that when I sold it.

Cheers!!

Sorry to all those who may be pissed that we highjacked the thread..
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Beep Beep Dave

I remember seeing that Charger run down the strip at Cayuga a few years back. The owner told us a story how the car was stolen once in Western NY when he was camping....luckily they recovered the car.
Dave 
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Brock Samson

Ghoste,..  what did ya' mean by "The Recall Steering Wheel"?..

Ghoste

"Recall" is a bit of a misnomer but that is what everyone calls it.  A more accurate description would be late release.  Anyway, the story goes that after the 67 brochures were printed up, Ralph Nader went nuts after seeing what Chrysler proposed for it's woodgrain steering wheel option.  Some say he was alarmed about the flipper levers that were to be used for operating the horn and some say he didn't like the structural integrity of the thing fearing driver impalment in a collision.  Some say Nader had nothing to do with it at all and that it was just a late release.  In any case, woodgrain wheels were not available until late in the model year and when they were released, they were not promoted by the dealers at all.  Therefore, they are extremely rare.  I have been offered 1000 clams for mine at more than a couple of car shows.  ::)

I have a crappy pic of mine but I'm trying to find a better one.

Ghoste

Here is the crappy pic.  The horn buton is silver on all of them and then it has either the Plymouth arrow shaped logo or the Dodge delta symbol in the center.  If you picture slender bars in the space between the spokes, that would be the horn activators for the version shown in the brochures.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I thought the wheel was recalled because of the potential of getting some extremities chopped off by the sharp spokes????
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

The spokes aren't sharp but I have also heard a version of the story that there was concern about having your fingers dangling around in that space and getting your hand stuck while trying to turn or losing fingers if they were in there during a collision.  There seem to be a few variations of the story and no real confirmation from Chrysler.

Brock Samson

never heard of it,..
funny how big around and thin the things are,..  seems riduculous especially with P.S.    :icon_smile_wink: one finger wheels these tanks around like a feather, i belive the term is "Over assitted".   :yesnod:
i guess the tuff wheel is the first modern style....

sorry i digress..  :-\

charger_lady

OK...I'm stealing my thread back here guys...hahahaha  :yesnod:

The guy was asking $200,000 US when I first posted last year...he still has it!!!!
He was at Moparfest this year and had his Dart up for sale:

If you look to the left of this next pic you can see he has a pic of the Charger & he now wants $149,000 OBO

tan top

Quote from: charger_lady on August 29, 2008, 03:25:30 PM
OK...I'm stealing my thread back here guys...hahahaha  :yesnod:

The guy was asking $200,000 US when I first posted last year...he still has it!!!!
He was at Moparfest this year and had his Dart up for sale:

If you look to the left of this next pic you can see he has a pic of the Charger & he now wants $149,000 OBO

:drool5:  awesome  sure would love to have them    :'(   
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

WingCharger

I like the wheel and tire size. Are those stock?

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Looks like he'll have that one still next year as well :rotz:

PS----still no 68 registry either :(
Chris' '69 Charger R/T