News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Unmolested 69 Charger R/T

Started by charger_lady, May 31, 2007, 12:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_lady

Ok...we haven't seen this guy since back in the 80's...back when ours was purple.
So when we saw him the other week I got all excited!
He has owned his Charger for 32yrs. and has kept it out of the elements.
Its never had any body work done to it. They are all the factory body panels!!
It has just over 95 000 original miles on the factory original 426 Hemi.
The factory undercoat is still visible uder this beauty :yesnod: :coolgleamA:
The shocking part is he's selling it now after all these years!!!!!

bull

69charger2002

wow that is a cool car. what is he gonna want for it? are you gonna get it
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

TUFCAT

Okay....we're now officially "fished in"  ::)

charger_lady

I only wish I could buy this one!!!!
I did come home that night and tell the kids we're selling the house so I hope they don't mind living in the tent...lol
He wasn't even sure what he's gonna ask for it. You don't find them in this good condition too often.
He'll be advertising this in the very near future (he said in the next week or two).
What do you guys think it would be worth anyway?

RD

Quote from: charger_lady on May 31, 2007, 01:05:33 PM
I did come home that night and tell the kids we're selling the house so I hope they don't mind living in the tent...lol
He wasn't even sure what he's gonna ask for it. You don't find them in this good condition too often.
He'll be advertising this in the very near future (he said in the next week or two).

obviously less than a 74 Spring special charger, so what, $2500? hehehehe j/k LOL  :rofl: :rofl:

I do not know, but I would guess$75-100K dependent upon the condition.  That is probably a low ball.  Ask hemigeno.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

charger_lady

Quote from: RD on May 31, 2007, 01:09:38 PM
Quote from: charger_lady on May 31, 2007, 01:05:33 PM

obviously less than a 74 Spring special charger, so what, $2500? hehehehe j/k LOL  :rofl: :rofl:

I do not know, but I would guess$75-100K dependent upon the condition.  That is probably a low ball.  Ask hemigeno.

hahaha...I think he bought the car for like $4000 back in the 70's...lol...and he said he paid too much back then  :yesnod: :icon_smile_wink:
This car is SOLID all around...inside and out!!
It has never had ANY work done to it...other than new paint. The reason was that it had been stolen years ago and the theives had scratched the word 'Hemi' in the front fenders. Thats it...it's all factory original. He rarely takes it out! This here is a definite trailer queen!!!

Shakey

When Dodge Don and I went out for our Friday night beers a few months back, another fella named Nick (another '70 owner that hangs  out at the 70 Registry) joined us.  He knew of this car also and we were planning on going to see it and take some reference photos, one of these days.  It must be this one because there cannot be that many '69 Hemi Chargers running around Hamilton, ON.

If you know he's going to put it up for sale, mention this site and ask him to offer it here in advance to see if there are any takers.  Just a thought.

I'm out as I've already got a Charger.

Looks nice though.

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: charger_lady on May 31, 2007, 01:23:05 PM

hahaha...I think he bought the car for like $4000 back in the 70's...lol...and he said he paid too much back then 

I'll double his money AND pay for the UVIP!   :icon_smile_big:

I'll even walk to Hamilton to pick it up...

Magnumcharger

I wonder which one it is......?
XS29J9B215858?
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

bull

Where's Chris? Isn't he supposed to be begging for the VIN by now? :D

Charger_Fan

I hope he finds a good owner for it...instead of the poor thing going from flipper to flipper for the next few years.
At least he'll have some decent influx to the retirement account coming soon. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

twenty mike mike

So, instead of being a Microsoft Millionaire, he's going to be a Mopar Millionaire.

hemigeno

That really does look like a well-kept car.  Auto or 4-speed?  Is that the original paint too?  I'd be surprised if a car with that many miles on it looking that good was still wearing original paint.  What other options did it come with?

If it's all numbers-matching with some documentation to go with it, I'd say that car could go for some pretty big dollars.  Even more than what RD was throwing out there.  A totally unrestored, original condition/paint numbers-matching Hemicar with some paperwork to boot might very easily sell for more than a fully restored car would.  If it's been repainted and/or an older restoration, that might actually knock the value down somewhat and the higher mileage doesn't help either.  Hard to say without a whole lot more info and details.

No matter what, it looks like a neat car!

whitehatspecial

Nice car and will bring big bucks especially for the hemi name plate. I wouldn't consider a repainted car "unmolested" though.  :thumbs:
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

Brock Samson

Quote from: charger_lady on May 31, 2007, 01:23:05 PM
Quote from: RD on May 31, 2007, 01:09:38 PM

hahaha...I think he bought the car for like $4000 back in the 70's...lol...and he said he paid too much back then  :yesnod: :icon_smile_wink:
This car is SOLID all around...inside and out!!
It has never had ANY work done to it...other than new paint. The reason was that it had been stolen years ago and the theives had scratched the word 'Hemi' in the front fenders. Thats it...it's all factory original. He rarely takes it out! This here is a definite trailer queen!!!
                      :eyes:

i suspect the fact that's it's black and non vynal topped has to add to it's value don't ya' think?..
so auto or stick?..

Dan T

Quote from: Shakey on May 31, 2007, 02:16:30 PM
When Dodge Don and I went out for our Friday night beers a few months back, another fella named Nick (another '70 owner that hangs  out at the 70 Registry) joined us.  He knew of this car also and we were planning on going to see it and take some reference photos, one of these days.  It must be this one because there cannot be that many '69 Hemi Chargers running around Hamilton, ON.

If you know he's going to put it up for sale, mention this site and ask him to offer it here in advance to see if there are any takers.  Just a thought.

Looks nice though.

If you guys do decide to check it out, please let me know, I'd love to grab a few shots of it as well while it's still here. As this car could possibly end up in the States.

1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bull on May 31, 2007, 04:48:23 PM
Where's Chris? Isn't he supposed to be begging for the VIN by now? :D

No begging here......if someone wants to volunteer the info thats a different story
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shakey

Quote from: Dan T on May 31, 2007, 10:18:02 PM

Looks nice though.

If you guys do decide to check it out, please let me know, I'd love to grab a few shots of it as well while it's still here. As this car could possibly end up in the States.

Speaking of photos Dan - I'd like to get a bunch of your car as well for reference.  We're probably due for some Friday night beers pretty soon.  I'll look at the calendar and bump that old thread soon.

Ghoste

A little begging is okay Chris.  Some people don't understand the importance of the registries.

Chris G.

Quote from: Ghoste on June 01, 2007, 07:04:22 AM
A little begging is okay Chris.  Some people don't understand the importance of the registries.

I always liked Ghoste.  :yesnod: Not sure if the feeling is mutual though.  :P

BTW, the begging comment came from a '68 guy. Those are the guys always complaining there is no '68 registry, but at the same time want no part of running one. They are just one big mess.  :P :icon_smile_wink:

charger_lady

Looks nice though.

This would be the only Hemi Charger in the city that I know of  :icon_smile_wink:
I did tell him to check out the forum knowing some of the guys here might be interested in it.
He didn't seem to interested in coming here though.
No doubt this Charger will end up in the US...he knows it too :yesnod: :icon_smile_wink:

Quote from: hemigeno on May 31, 2007, 06:16:21 PM
That really does look like a well-kept car.  Auto or 4-speed?  Is that the original paint too?  I'd be surprised if a car with that many miles on it looking that good was still wearing original paint.  What other options did it come with?

If it's all numbers-matching with some documentation to go with it, I'd say that car could go for some pretty big dollars.  Even more than what RD was throwing out there.  A totally unrestored, original condition/paint numbers-matching Hemicar with some paperwork to boot might very easily sell for more than a fully restored car would.  If it's been repainted and/or an older restoration, that might actually knock the value down somewhat and the higher mileage doesn't help either.  Hard to say without a whole lot more info and details.

No matter what, it looks like a neat car!

As I said, we have known this guy and his car since '86.
It's an automatic.
Not sure of all options it came with.
We only talked to him for about half hr.
This car has never had body work done.
All original factory body panels.
The paint had to be done due to the thieves.
Who's gonna drive around with Hemi scratched into the fenders.
He has plenty of documentation too.
In the last 20 yrs the guy has put on about 20 000 miles and most of those would have been back in the 80's.
As for his vin...sorry guys but thats his info to give out not mine.
When we see him again I'll grab some more pics.(interior & engine)
I would have gotten more pics but the batteries died on me.
As soon as I know where he's advertising I'll let y'all know. :icon_smile_wink:

bull

Quote from: Chris G. on June 01, 2007, 07:15:04 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on June 01, 2007, 07:04:22 AM

I always liked Ghoste.  :yesnod: Not sure if the feeling is mutual though.  :P

BTW, the begging comment came from a '68 guy. Those are the guys always complaining there is no '68 registry, but at the same time want no part of running one. They are just one big mess.  :P :icon_smile_wink:

That's why we own the perfect car. It makes up for our shortcomings.

Besides, I'm not the one to run a website because I'd prefer it be done right. Same reason I won't be painting my own car.

Sinister68

Quote from: Chris G. on June 01, 2007, 07:15:04 AM

I contacted Jim Shine and am still looking at starting up the '68 Charger registry site. 

:icon_smile_big: Its just that the '70 and '69 sites are sooo intimidating!  :D  :D  :D
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Chris G.

Quote from: Sinister68 on June 01, 2007, 04:39:55 PM
I contacted Jim Shine and am still looking at starting up the '68 Charger registry site. 

You guys are missing a ton of stuff everyday you put it off. The cars on ebay, for sale ads, etc... need to be documented. Can you imagine if say...3 years ago you started documenting these cars? You would have a nice number registered. Now they may have dissapeared forever. Even if you don't start it soon, but know you will eventually, document these cars and save them on your computer.

ps- Sorry for the hijack