News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Speedometer Not working after Gauge Decals Applied

Started by purple70rt, September 16, 2005, 11:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purple70rt

Hey Guys,

I bought some of the gauge decals for my 70 Charger, went by the directions on how to remove speedometer needle.  Now that I have it back together speedometer is not working right.  What feels like about 20mph, the speedometer is pegged at 150!!!!

Also when parked it reads 50mph now.  Any one else have this problem or know how to fix it???

Gauges look nice by the way, I would recommend them to anyone, just becareful with the speedometer.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Looks like either you might not have pushed the needle on all the way and it spun.

Or when reinstalling the needle did you turn it past "0" and then push it fully on like the instructions stated?

Regardless, the cluster has to come back apart.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

purple70rt

I did not know about putting it on before zero and then pushing it on,   I picked them up last week end at MMW is st louis and they were packing up when I got them.   I did not get any instructions on how to reinstall, just removal.   Thank you very much 6T9, I will yank it back out and try that!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

If you want I can scan the instructions from Performance Car Graphics and email them to you.

Drop me a line at chgrrt@hotmail.com

Chris
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

purple70rt

Thanks again Chris, Everything seems to work now!!!!!!!!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T