News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I.D. for crank dampners

Started by chgr500, May 29, 2007, 05:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chgr500

Is there any way to properly identify crank shaft dampners to the engine size.....I have a few loose NOS ones that I got with a parts lot some time back..I think one has a couple numbers on it the rest have nothing.....thanks for any input

Chatt69chgr

There is a nice chart located on the 440 source website that has a lot of info on dampers.  It may just have the information you are looking for.

Big Lebowski

For big blocks there's only 3 kinds of balancers...Thin Steel, Thin HP steel ('70-'72 HP & 6-pack), & thick cast. All 3 look different and are NOT interchangable. Look in a Year One catalog for pics.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."