News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I got scammed!

Started by doctorpimp, September 16, 2005, 09:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorpimp

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on September 16, 2005, 08:05:21 PM
Yes Gandalf-the-grey lives in Leasburg, NC. But that is NOT him. But I bet he can get there phone number :yesnod:
Gandalf-the-grey, do you know who this guy is?
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

911bear

:popcrn: hope you get your hard earned cash back!
1974 DODGE CHARGER SE BROUGHAM - CURRENTLY
CARS I HAVE OWNED :
4 - 1969 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH GRAN FURY W/ COVER UP HEADLIGHTS 2 DOOR
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER
2 - 1973 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - CHRYSLER CORDOBA
1 - 1984 DODGE RAM TRUCK

TruckDriver

Quote from: doctorpimp on September 16, 2005, 11:30:35 PM
Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on September 16, 2005, 08:05:21 PM
Yes Gandalf-the-grey lives in Leasburg, NC. But that is NOT him. But I bet he can get there phone number :yesnod:
Gandalf-the-grey, do you know who this guy is?

I never talked to him in person or over the phone. Only through emails and chat rooms. And I am a moderator on his Charger Board. I was over tired when I reasponded and I shouldnt of said for sure it is him or not. I would leave him some off line messages.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

doctorpimp

doctorpimp

The chase is on...

Silver R/T

Quote from: twilt on September 16, 2005, 04:59:16 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on September 16, 2005, 04:34:58 PM

wtf dude, I KNOW ok? why? cause Ive done it, and yes Ive got my money back, but you have to file non-receipt within 90 days No exceptions. ive done it yes and Ive received my money back successfully, thats why I love paypal. My only question is why didnt you ask us earlier lol, its a bit late for doing anything now, sorry
Ya still got the facts wrong there high-o-silver. with paypal, the time limitation is 30 days. Just because somone files a non-receipt claim, doesn`t mean that they automatically get their money back. all the seller has to do is provide a tracking number , thus the importance that all sellers get tracking #`s on all packages that they send. (which can be a pain in the arse-expensive- on international shipments) Also, the money wont be refunded if the seller doesnt have the funds in his/her paypal account.

i DIDNT say it was unlimited time now did I?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Beer

I was going to get some parts from him for my 73.
Was negotiating prices then he disappeared. August 5 was the last PM discussing prices.

Then I heard from him Sept 6 he apologized for not getting back to me...

Don't think I will do any business with him. Nothing personal, just if he can't get back to you during negotiation, I don't want to be waiting for him to get around to shipping my parts.

Here is the explanation I got...

Hey Bud, sorry I have been out for a while.

Cheers
Beer
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

twilt

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 17, 2005, 10:34:27 AM

no you didnt. you said 90 days , which was/is incorrect.  with that resolved, you now may return to watching battlestar galactica re-runs.

Drache

Quote from: twilt on September 17, 2005, 11:44:44 AM

no you didnt. you said 90 days , which was/is incorrect.   with that resolved, you now may return to watching battlestar galactica re-runs.

:D Hi-Ho Silver... AWAAAYYYY!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Silver R/T

Quote from: twilt on September 17, 2005, 11:44:44 AM

no you didnt. you said 90 days , which was/is incorrect. with that resolved, you now may return to watching battlestar galactica re-runs.

your hot sister is invited
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

doctorpimp

Quote from: Beer on September 17, 2005, 11:40:10 AM
I was going to get some parts from him for my 73.
Was negotiating prices then he disappeared. August 5 was the last PM discussing prices.

Then I heard from him Sept 6 he apologized for not getting back to me...

Don't think I will do any business with him. Nothing personal, just if he can't get back to you during negation, I don't want to be waitng for him to get around to shipping my parts.

Here is the explaination I got...

Hey Bud, sorry I have been out for a while.

Cheers
Beer

He replied the same way to me, something like "sorry bud, I was away..." then he blamed his wife for the shipping mistake.  It was the "Bud" that gave it away.
You didn't send him money did you?

Beer

Nope never sent him any money.

I hope he makes good on your purchase.

Sounds to me like it is Gandolf-the-grey
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

twilt

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 17, 2005, 11:59:51 AM
be careful what you wish for,  my hot sister is a burly 350 pounder with a beard.   ;)

derailed

Sounds like a job for Joe Pesci

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Beer on September 17, 2005, 12:32:55 PM

I have a hard time believing that!

doctorpimp

Quote from: AllBlueRT on September 17, 2005, 06:40:09 PM
Quote from: Beer on September 17, 2005, 12:32:55 PM

I have a hard time believing that!

We'll see...
They're both from the same town and his email had a link to Gandalf's other forum.
I know the seller's real name (eBay gave it to me)
I'm not accusing anyone without proof, but why would it be hard to believe that a member (maybe) of this forum could be a thief?  This is a community like any other, with all sorts of different people.

69RealGL

Hey All

This just doesnt happen on ebay  , it happened  to me on the old charger messageboard  , the guy  has come across to the new board   , god help anyone else who does buisness with him  .
Be careful who you deal with .

K.c   

doctorpimp

Quote from: 69RealGL on September 18, 2005, 05:06:11 AM
Hey All

This just doesnt happen on ebay   , it happened   to me on the old charger messageboard   , the guy   has come across to the new board     , god help anyone else who does buisness with him   .
Be careful who you deal with .

K.c     
What was the guy's name from the old board?
Is it the same guy?

4cruzin

Quote from: twilt on September 17, 2005, 12:34:51 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on September 17, 2005, 11:59:51 AM
be careful what you wish for,   my hot sister is a burly 350 pounder with a beard.     ;)

So then the part that makes her "hot" is either her sunburn or she's running a fever??   ???
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

doctorpimp

Just to upadate everyone on the situation:
I received this reply from Gandalf on another thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3015.0.html
I sent him an email today asking for my money back, since he hasn't come back to me with any other offers for parts.

I'll keep you informed.

KMPX2

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 16, 2005, 12:47:36 PM
if you paid with paypal you can get all your money back guaranteed, file item not received

Thats the biggest joke ever. They will only pay you if the person has money in there Paypal account. They will not charge his credit card or take it from his bank.I know I got took for $735.00. Get is contact info. Then email him that if hr does not get them to you ASAP. you are calling his local police and filing charges

4402tuff4u

I hate ebay! It's full of scams and crap! The other day I bid on a set of tail lights for a 68 Charger. I was the only bidder and it looked like I was going to win them for $ 75.00. Well the day before the end of the bid, I got a message from another user (not the seller) saying "are you going to pay for the items I sent you, or should I contact the authorities?" I was puzzled since it was my first time ever bidding in ebay. So I responded to the message: "you better check your info. before you send a message like that" and "You better contact the authorities because I will find out who you are!" Anyway, the next day my bid was cancelled by ebay and they said that there was some unauthorized transactions going on. So I emailed ebay security to give me the details why my bid was cancelled! They have not responded to me yet. My guess is that the seller of the lights does not want to let them go for $ 75, so he had a friend screw up my account up. I will get to the bottom of this BS. :flame:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

twilt

that explanantion simply defies logic................. if a seller wants to, he/she can end an auction and cancel all bids on the item,  as long as the auction is not ending within 12 hours or less.

doctorpimp

doctorpimp

He hasn't answered any of my emails...again.
Also, he's stayed away from the site since I started asking about him...
SUSPICIOUS!
Did anyone get the parts he promised, lately?