News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I got scammed!

Started by doctorpimp, September 16, 2005, 09:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorpimp

This seller "moparyard" scammed me out of $64.25 for a set of '73 Charger rear rolldown windows. :'(
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4552215424
I paid for them, but never received them.   He did send me an email saying that the Post Office returned them to him because of impropper packaging.   That was the last I heard of him!
Does anyone know of this seller on ebay?
I would like to contact him :flame:
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

THE COLONEL

I'm surprised.  His feedback is 100%.  Do you still have the emails from him when the auction was finished?  Sometimes th ephone number is included in the auctions you win.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

hotrod98

If you won them for $20.00, how did the total come up to $64.25? 
They could be shipped just about anywhere in the U.S. for $15.00 to $20.00.
Just curious.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Wakko

Request his contact information and call him.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Silver R/T

if you paid with paypal you can get all your money back guaranteed, file item not received
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

twilt

::) ::) look at the end of auction  date. May 28th. assuming it was paid for  promptly, you are SOL with paypal. with PP, you have to file the non- receipt within 30 days of making a payment. you also are beyond 90 days, so you cant even leave this person the negative feedback that
they do apparently deserve.
lesson #1 no matter what SOB story you get from a seller on a non received item, file the PP non receipt on day 29 to cover your best interests.
lesson #2 if you still havent got an item by day 89, you arent going to get it, leave the negative feedback.

andy74

Troy

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 16, 2005, 12:47:36 PM
if you paid with paypal you can get all your money back guaranteed, file item not received

That's what you think... however, in the real world it doesn't work that way.

Sorry you didn't get it doctorpimp. It does seem odd. Wasn't there any other contact info with your receipt? How did you send the payment? Looks like "smasherofall" sold him something. Wonder if it's the same one that's here?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

doctorpimp

Thanks everyone for your feedback.
I paid $20 for the windows and $44.25 for EXPRESS shipping (I live in Canada.)
I will try to get his contact info and call him.  I just came back on leave from Afghanistan and expected to see my new windows waiting for me (they were low on my priority list for topics of discussion with my wife) I had actually forgotten about them until now (I had more important business on my mind in the last couple of months.)

Silver R/T

Quote from: Troy on September 16, 2005, 02:56:59 PM

Sorry you didn't get it doctorpimp. It does seem odd. Wasn't there any other contact info with your receipt? How did you send the payment? Looks like "smasherofall" sold him something. Wonder if it's the same one that's here?

Troy

wtf dude, I KNOW ok? why? cause Ive done it, and yes Ive got my money back, but you have to file non-receipt within 90 days No exceptions. ive done it yes and Ive received my money back successfully, thats why I love paypal. My only question is why didnt you ask us earlier lol, its a bit late for doing anything now, sorry
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

doctorpimp

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 16, 2005, 04:34:58 PM

Troy

My only question is why didnt you ask us earlier lol, its a bit late for doing anything now, sorry
Like I said, I was overseas with Operation Enduring Freedom.
I paid with PayPal, but it is too late to get the money back.
I'm just wondering if he's a member here.
I think on one of his emails he had a link for http://www.dodge-chargeronline.com/
Not too sure though.
My laptop is still in the 'stan with my email history on it.

smasherofall

Yes I sold him something but don't remember what it was. I don't remember any problems.    ???

doctorpimp

derailed

Troy

Silver RTis right up until a certain dollar amount which his falls under I think its $1000, not sure but it looks like he may be over the time limit. My wife has bought alot of stuff on ebay and has had several accounts where item was not recieved. By using paypal she had no problem getting her money back but it just took a little while

twilt

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 16, 2005, 04:34:58 PM

wtf dude, I KNOW ok? why? cause Ive done it, and yes Ive got my money back, but you have to file non-receipt within 90 days No exceptions. ive done it yes and Ive received my money back successfully, thats why I love paypal. My only question is why didnt you ask us earlier lol, its a bit late for doing anything now, sorry
Ya still got the facts wrong there high-o-silver. with paypal, the time limitation is 30 days.  Just because somone files a non-receipt claim, doesn`t mean that they automatically  get their money back. all the seller has to do is provide a tracking number , thus the importance that all sellers get tracking #`s on all packages that they send. (which can be a pain in the arse-expensive- on international shipments)  Also, the money wont be refunded if the seller doesnt have the funds in his/her paypal account.

ramit

I think you guys are not understanding that he wants to find the guy that sold him the parts.   Instead you guys keep arguing about wether or not he can get his money back.   Sorry guys, I do not mean to bust your chops about it. :)

charge70

Is he possibly Gandalf-the-grey on this site? ???

twilt

i  think gandalf-the-grey  does live in leasburg, NC  which is the listed location of this seller.  However, that is not the ebay user ID that i am familiar with him using. here is a ebay link for gandalf when he sold his 72 power bulge hood.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33646&item=4567987858

twilt

BTW, looks like paypal  (NOT EBAY)  has made a change to their policy. a claim has to be be filed within 45 days, it used to be 30.

ChargerSG

On Ebay there is 60 days to file a "non resived item", but i had a 91 days and they still helpt me and started "jumping" the seller and then the seller mailed me and was soo nice(but i got refaund insted of the items). So Mail Ebay and say that you havent resived the item and that the seller dont answear your mail, im sure they help you out....
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

TruckDriver

Yes Gandalf-the-grey lives in Leasburg, NC. But that is NOT him. But I bet he can get there phone number :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

twilt

doctorpimp, i see you left him a negative feedback. how did you manage to do that? (auction ended May 28)

ChargerSG

Just type the item number and there it say leave feedback, they say it just work for 90 days but it works for longer than that....
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

doctorpimp

Quote from: twilt on September 16, 2005, 08:18:05 PM
doctorpimp, i see you left him a negative feedback. how did you manage to do that? (auction ended May 28)

I thought it was worth a try to give him neg feedback, and it worked.
I did report him to eBay and I got contact info for him.  The big problem is that he'll prob ignore my calls too.
So, no one knows this guy?