News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Custom Center Consoles Poll!

Started by phat69charger, January 05, 2006, 07:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please read the reason for this poll in the message area before you cast a vote.

Generally a Factory looking type console that has options
15 (57.7%)
Classic console models with options at: http://www.classicconsoles.com/
1 (3.8%)
Custom console totally new type with options
7 (26.9%)
Custom console from the dash to the floor not between the seats
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 25

phat69charger

This post is what I think that Member name "Classic Consoles" is needing your input on but they haven't posted a poll yet, which I think is what thay should have done, when they posted a reply to a post in interior a few months ago.

This poll is about Center Consoles for Mopars what you would want made, it's not about an exact factory replacement for mopars there's already a company that makes factory looking replacement console already, http://www.stingerfiberglass.com/ so you don't have to cast a vote in this pole if you like exact factory replacement consoles because there already being made, but you should post a reply if you think they should make replacements like Stinger Fiber Glass makes.

This poll is about custom consoles and if you could buy one what would YOU LIKE TO HAVE, out of four choices below. Options: would be anything like gauge slots, switch slots, courtesy lights, drink holders, 12 volt outlets, compartments, armrest, padding etc, etc.

Ghoste

It'd be nice to have one with cup holders. lol :icon_smile_big:

phat69charger

The center console that I'm having made is totally custom and it's going to have a lot of options the basic layout is A/C controls under the dash area angled down, drink holders to the rear of of the shifter area spread wide near the seats, power window controls and push button starter buttons in the center on the flat area, then off/on control switches and a 12 volt outlet on an angle stepping up to an split armrest that covers an floor mount emergency brake handle, that runs into a rear center console with armrest.

Here's a cardboard mockup of the front half of the console it's laid out flat but it's just a map of what's going to be on it.

Rolling_Thunder

that looks like ALOT of work but im sure will be totally worth it in the end...   I am in the same boat...   relocated my shifter so now the factory console wont fit...    i plan on building something myself with cup holders, some switches for stuff, courtesy lights, and a place to store all my paperwork and CD's and stuff ---   I'm planning on building my basic structure out of wood then making a solid fiberglass one...   but im still not sure...  preliminary ideas only
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

rare69

make it look and fit like the original maybe put a staggerd triple gauge pod in front of the shifter and you could sell plenty I'm sure.

kab69440

I have a 66 console in my 69. As soon as I am done modding it to my desires, I'll show you what a Charger console should have been. HAHA!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

phat69charger

Quote from: kab69440 on January 06, 2006, 01:37:05 AM
I have a 66 console in my 69. As soon as I am done modding it to my desires, I'll show you what a Charger console should have been. HAHA!

I'd love to see it, because that's the kind of stuff that makes this car hobby stay fascinating to me.
I'll post pictures of my console and other interior pieces as there made up, I'm making a portfolio of all of the work on my car, there's more actually completed on the car than is shown on the yahoo pages because there's very little space left on the site for more pictures and I'm no web page designer, I'll probably make a new page up and link to it from the old one.

I also posted some links over in the interior section about custom making your own console and interior pieces, Check it out also, it's pretty good info for the DIY type.

NYCMille

I have a "Classic Console" unit in my 68 and love it - fits really nice with plenty of room for my shifter, plus, I can take my coffee along!! CHA CHING!!

phat69charger

NYCMille, thats's nice

I had seen it in your car before when you posted on the old board but I could not remember it was you who had it in there Charger

Charger_Fan

I like custom stuff...when it's done tastefully.
It would be nice to have some really good factory repops available...and also factory LOOKING repops that have hidden goodies, for the factory look crowd. ;D

Some of the totally custom consoles can look really good too & would of course be the preference in an all out custom Charger. :yesnod:

This guy did a good job on his, IMO; http://moparmusclemagazine.com/featuredvehicles/5145/

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ChargerBill

I would say stick with something that looks factory, but has maybe a flip up side or top (between the shifter and firewall) where you could slip a stereo face, or maybe flips up when you are driving to see auxiliary gages, or to store CD's or plug in an iPod... Do you get what I mean? Hope I'm describing this correctly - a hidden area that can be shut when not in use. Then make that hidden area modular, so you can buy the bracket, pocket, etc...whatever you need for what you are using it for... this way the hidden area is a ONE SIZE FITS ALL option (cutting down on manufacturing) where you can install 5 or 10 different things..also available from the console maker. heck, you could also do this under the main door area...make different storage options available to snap into place depending on needs. Maybe even make the dorr area completely rotate or roll over on itself 180 degrees so that when you flip it, it faces down and a radio, or gauges or flatscreen appear. Stock looking, with a 007Bond attitude...they would sell like crazy, yo!
Life is a highway...

phat69charger

All reponses are welcome that's what this poll is for, becauses it will give this poll a broader base of opinions for a good scope of what people expect from the basic ideas to the extreme ideas of what they would like to have.