News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

$4.1M For a hemi Cuda

Started by DC_1, September 16, 2005, 09:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

Ghoste

Well, it is the last one built.   As for the bid, it means absolutely nothing.   I do some part time work at car auctions and there is soft money and hard money.   Sometimes, the only ones bidding are the ringmen and the auctioneer.   Even if the hammer drops on a car, it sometimes means nothing.   The only accurate prices are when collectors sell privately to one another or the title changes hands at an auction.   That is the thing about the Barrett-Jackson televised circus that makes me so mad.   People use it as a barometer of the hobby and it's mainly smoke and mirrors.

cudaken

Owner says it worth $5,000,000.00, what can you say but WOW.

Cuda Ken
I am back

DC_1

Still amazing to me that they are even talking number like that.

Ghoste

Until the owner has 5 mil in his hands it ain't worth that much.  Still wow.

41husk

It is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.  Unfortunetly there is probably some one out there with 5mil burning a hole in there pocket :o
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

RT DAVE

Quote from: 41husk on September 16, 2005, 10:47:06 AM
It is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.   Unfortunetly there is probably some one out there with 5mil burning a hole in there pocket :o

Most of the people that have that kind of money are getting richer everday, so expect prices of the highest end stuff to keep going up...  Just my opinion.
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Ghoste

I agree.  But in real dollars, there is a big difference between 4.1 and 5.0 million and on that day, it was only worth 4.1.  Maybe the next auction?

71RTN96

It's no different than any of our cars. It's only worth what someone will PAY for IT!   matt

4cruzin

And I thought 1 million was outragious!   :o 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 4cruzin on September 16, 2005, 03:16:28 PM
And I thought 1 million was outragious!   :o 
Same here, this is just crazy! :o

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

6pkrunner

Quote from: cudaken on September 16, 2005, 09:24:55 AM
Owner says it worth $5,000,000.00, what can you say but WOW.

Cuda Ken

-that's what the owners hopes[/b] he can get for it. It is in no way worth[/b] anything near that. But the auctions get the feeding frenzy going and reality leaves through the nearest exit. Yes these hemi E bodys live only in the collector world and change hands at prices the owners can afford, but it doesn't make them worth it. When he DOH movie was going I'll wager a lot of GLs ( and '69s in general) traded hands at highly inflated prices hat cannot be matched right now. Fads and frenzies are the undoing of rationale.

jwilk01

My brother put the billboards on that car.  Then they drove it to Las Vegas for mopars at the strip.

Later
Josh

Silver R/T

thats bs, no car in world is worth that much, at least not to me..that would be just pure sin to buy like that when other people are dying all over the world
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

4cruzin

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 17, 2005, 03:29:18 PM
that would be just pure sin to buy like that when other people are dying all over the world

Silver . . .ya lost me on that one??   :shruggy:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

04lbram

I think he's talking about Hurricane Katrina?

FastbackJon

The stupid thing is, is just think of how many Hemi Cuda clones you could build for that kind of money! And the only difference would be the little VIN and the fender tag numbers. And you could have a lot more funs with clones, not worring about them all the time, and not having the huge insurance premium that would come with a 4.1 million dollar car.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Silver R/T

Quote from: 04lbram on September 17, 2005, 06:34:37 PM
I think he's talking about Hurricane Katrina?
ya good example it would be just bothering me if i were able to afford such car and have someone homeless and starving, thats way too selfish

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

04lbram

Silver, you have a point however, most of those people don't care about anyone except themselves about half the time. Noticed I said about half of them just from personal experience but, anyways 4.1M is a little steep for me. I wish I had that type of money I'd be like screw the real HEMI cars. I could build a nice clone a lot cheaper and then use the rest of the money to buy a $250k house and then live on the rest for years to come. That's just me though.

Ghoste

Not fair.  Unless you know for a fact where their money goes, you can't know how what they have given to charity.
If you had the means to easily spend 5 mil on a car, how much would you give to charity?

04lbram

That's a good point Ghoste. Still the issue at hand here is some of these prices are just out of line but which leaves the worker class paying more for these cars than they should IMO not too mention it also drives up the cost of parts for them. Just my two cents.

Ghoste

I'm with you.  I cry and complain constantly about B-J setting prices and stupid money being used to purchase cars that no one cared about not that long ago.

04lbram

Ghoste,

That's correct. I can tell you its extremely hard to find something decent for under $10k now a days. But, I guess you have to factor in the cost of inflation and everything too but, still. It's just getting crazy out there.  :rotz:

Silver R/T

Quote from: 04lbram on September 18, 2005, 07:21:31 AM
Silver, you have a point however, most of those people don't care about anyone except themselves about half the time. Noticed I said about half of them just from personal experience but, anyways 4.1M is a little steep for me. I wish I had that type of money I'd be like screw the real HEMI cars. I could build a nice clone a lot cheaper and then use the rest of the money to buy a $250k house and then live on the rest for years to come. That's just me though.

yup thats what id do, buy used viper and enjoy living in good waterfront house with big shop, fixing up cars on side, rest would be enough to put chrildren through Oxford

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722