News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Loremo LS gets an incredible 157 miles per gallon

Started by PocketThunder, August 04, 2006, 09:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Not to shabby looking either.  Might be nice to have one of these when gas hits $200 a barrel next year. :yesnod:

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/354/C6682/

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

RD

i put myself down for contact information on that puppy.  157mpg... man, that will save me money for gas in the RR and Charger ya know?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

73 Charger 440

Yeah that was previewed a few months ago... I want to see it on the streets though.

bull

Something's not right. Chrysler's ugly Boxfish gets half the mileage and is ugly. How can someone make a good-looking car that gets better mileage? I thought DCX knows it all? ;)

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Silver R/T on August 04, 2006, 02:28:29 PM
Dr Z got owned

Really?

Lets see here.

The Loremo puts out 20 horsepower, barely seats two, but tops out at 100MPH?  Sounds a little fishy to me, but lets assume its true.

The DCX Bionic (that's what its called) COMFORTABLY seats four by using a design that...while slightly less aerodynamic than the Loremo, manages to maximize interior space.  In the meantime, it manages to put out 140 horsepower (as opposed to the Loremo's 20) and still get 89 MPG...but why don't we keep going?  The loremo's engine will not meet the stringent diesel emmissions standards that will be put in place next year...so even if you want a super-aerodynamic 20-horse golf cart...you won't be able to buy one, but the Bionic, by using the "Bluetec" urea injection catalyst, will because it will reduce NOx emmisions to zero.

Who got owned?

Here's an actual article on the Bionic (instead of just a picture) so you can actually see why the card has won awards.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/newsID/2050607.004/page/1/country/gcf/lang/eng/mercedes/mercedes-benz-bionic-concept-vehicle
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

bull

But, OC, your argument doesn't mention how the consumer thinks. Aside from tougher emissions standards the public will compare the two on a very superficial level. They'll say exactly what I said above, "Here's a fairly good-looking car that gets 150 mpg, why buy an ugly one that doesn't break 90 mpg?" I bet 90% of the people buying cars won't even understand or care about all those facts you presented. It's just like choosing presidential candidates in the primaries, people don't care if the guy has a IQ of 230 unless he's attractive, personable and well-spoken.

On a side note, I don't think horsepower is that big of a deal on something like this. There are other considerations that take presidence when it comes to high-mileage commuter cars such as gearing, rpms, etc. Horsepower is not a static measurement of speed and fuel economy, that's why there are IH tractors with 20 hp that can pulls stumps out of the ground. That's not to say I don't think the Loremo is going to suck when it comes to low end power or acceleration but when you're getting 150+ mph on something that doesn't look too shabby maybe that's ok.

Silver R/T

Quote from: bull on August 04, 2006, 03:26:20 PM
But, OC, your argument doesn't mention how the consumer thinks. Aside from tougher emissions standards the public will compare the two on a very superficial level. They'll say exactly what I said above, "Here's a fairly good-looking car that gets 150 mpg, why buy an ugly one that doesn't break 90 mpg? I bet 90% of the people buying cars won't even understand or care about all those facts you presented. It's just like choosing presidential candidates in the primaries, people don't care if the guy has a IQ of 230 unless he's attractive, personable and well-spoken.

exactly, this car is not about power but about mpg. And me driving to work 10miles each way, would be economical to have that car

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

I don't care who you are, this thing is ugly:

73 Charger 440

Quote from: Orange_Crush on August 04, 2006, 02:42:51 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on August 04, 2006, 02:28:29 PM
Dr Z got owned

Really?

Lets see here.

The Loremo puts out 20 horsepower, barely seats two, but tops out at 100MPH?  Sounds a little fishy to me, but lets assume its true.

The DCX Bionic (that's what its called) COMFORTABLY seats four by using a design that...while slightly less aerodynamic than the Loremo, manages to maximize interior space.  In the meantime, it manages to put out 140 horsepower (as opposed to the Loremo's 20) and still get 89 MPG...but why don't we keep going?  The loremo's engine will not meet the stringent diesel emmissions standards that will be put in place next year...so even if you want a super-aerodynamic 20-horse golf cart...you won't be able to buy one, but the Bionic, by using the "Bluetec" urea injection catalyst, will because it will reduce NOx emmisions to zero.

Who got owned?

Here's an actual article on the Bionic (instead of just a picture) so you can actually see why the card has won awards.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/newsID/2050607.004/page/1/country/gcf/lang/eng/mercedes/mercedes-benz-bionic-concept-vehicle

The Lomero seats 4. Here you can see the backseat... http://www.loremo.com/content/fahrzeug/design/heck_offen.jpg

dkn1997

20hp??

since it's a diesel, I would hope the torque numbers are better than that.  is 20hp even safe enough so that you can pull out into traffic and not get taco'd?

and for 90 or 150mpg or whatever, not too many people with give a rat's F what it looks like that.  for 40 or 50mpg they will care, but when the mileage is triple and quadrouple what you can get somewhere else, who cares;?
RECHRGED

bull

Quote from: dkn1997 on August 05, 2006, 10:16:22 AM
20hp??

since it's a diesel, I would hope the torque numbers are better than that.  is 20hp even safe enough so that you can pull out into traffic and not get taco'd?

and for 90 or 150mpg or whatever, not too many people with give a rat's F what it looks like that.  for 40 or 50mpg they will care, but when the mileage is triple and quadrouple what you can get somewhere else, who cares;?

Yes, but all other things being equal, if you could choose between a good-looking car that gets 150 mpg and one that gets 90 which one would you buy? Which would most people buy?

cool440

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

People are superficial and the Loremo looks great!  The back seat is great for kids, what kid doesn't enjoy staring at the guy behind you.  I did when I was younger.  Also to enter the car is cool, the whole front end opens for you, again cool factor! :2thumbs:

At $13000 too the oil industry will hate this car and Motor city is owned by them.  Do any of us expect to see this in the U.S.?  Nope!

But I would buy one just because of the milage, but the looks and the cool factor are a plus.  Heck the car would pay for itself in no time!

Heres a pic of the interior.

Michael
69 Charger (R/T clone), 440 (60 over bore) edelbrock performer RPM top end, balanced, nothing second rate) over 500hp, new drive train, 727 rebuild manual shift reverse valve train, TTI headers and exhaust, painless wiring, autometer phantom gauges.  My true garage resto! Very Proud of her.

89MOPAR

I'd really be afraid about the safety. I read thru the site.
At 50 KMH - approx 33 mph on an offset crash the  dashboard "deformed"  more than 6 inches.  And that is just it's own weight [ very light] hitting an object.
Yikes!  given that the dash is attached to the front opening structure.

Can you imagine the carnage if it was hit by a full size pickup truck going 55 mph ?  :icon_smile_dead: :icon_smile_dead: :o

I don't know of any car produced in the last 40 years that takes 20 seconds to accelerate up to 60 mph.....
I guess you could buck up and buy the GT version for 50% more ?
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

RD

Quote from: 89MOPAR on August 05, 2006, 04:18:23 PM
I'd really be afraid about the safety. I read thru the site.
At 50 KMH - approx 33 mph on an offset crash the  dashboard "deformed"  more than 6 inches.  And that is just it's own weight [ very light] hitting an object.
Yikes!  given that the dash is attached to the front opening structure.

Can you imagine the carnage if it was hit by a full size pickup truck going 55 mph ?  :icon_smile_dead: :icon_smile_dead: :o

I don't know of any car produced in the last 40 years that takes 20 seconds to accelerate up to 60 mph.....
I guess you could buck up and buy the GT version for 50% more ?

i understand what you are saying, but may I am afraid of the carnage of a truck going 55mph and hitting me in my neon too! :D

I want that loremo bad.  it would be a great around the town car.  I dont live in big cities, so I am not too much worried about freeway traffic.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

73 Charger 440

Also, I believe the Loremo was intended almost completely for the European market... We dont really have Full Size pickups here (going from Ram 3500s being normal size there to seeing little tiny Fiats being "large size" and such is just weird) - most cars are smaller than Neons here, but then again what if a full-size truck hits one (they are larger here then there, twice as long)...

Silver R/T

so it wont be imported by DCX, etc over to the US

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RD

may have to get some of our friends from across the pond to ship one over to me!  of course, after I pay for it. hehe

RD

thought this would be a good time for a bump on this one :D

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: bull on August 04, 2006, 03:26:20 PM
But, OC, your argument doesn't mention how the consumer thinks. Aside from tougher emissions standards the public will compare the two on a very superficial level. They'll say exactly what I said above, "Here's a fairly good-looking car that gets 150 mpg, why buy an ugly one that doesn't break 90 mpg?" I bet 90% of the people buying cars won't even understand or care about all those facts you presented. It's just like choosing presidential candidates in the primaries, people don't care if the guy has a IQ of 230 unless he's attractive, personable and well-spoken.

On a side note, I don't think horsepower is that big of a deal on something like this. There are other considerations that take presidence when it comes to high-mileage commuter cars such as gearing, rpms, etc. Horsepower is not a static measurement of speed and fuel economy, that's why there are IH tractors with 20 hp that can pulls stumps out of the ground. That's not to say I don't think the Loremo is going to suck when it comes to low end power or acceleration but when you're getting 150+ mph on something that doesn't look too shabby maybe that's ok.

Well except for this part....

QuoteThe loremo's engine will not meet the stringent diesel emmissions standards that will be put in place next year...so even if you want a super-aerodynamic 20-horse golf cart...you won't be able to buy one

bull

I'd rather have this thing now anyway: http://www.teslamotors.com/index.php

I don't think hybrids are going to amount to much. I used to think they were a good option but not any more. The fuel ecomony isn't much better and it only adds another layer of potential problems. I think straight electric is the way to go.

Problem is the Teslas are pretty spendy and only seat two right now so they're not worth a damn to me. Maybe someday.

RD

Quote from: bull on May 29, 2007, 03:59:07 PM
I'd rather have this thing now anyway: http://www.teslamotors.com/index.php

Problem is the Teslas are pretty spendy and only seat two right now so they're not worth a damn to me. Maybe someday.

holy cow that is cool!

Brock Samson

Tesla is working on a larger passenger car or sedan now,.. I'll dig up the article...

Mike DC

Electric cars:  Needs to be fast, long range, and cheap.  We can build a car with any two of the three.