News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Online opinion needed. *EDIT* "Car Culture"

Started by Khyron, September 16, 2005, 08:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

I run a small invite only board and have enjoyed doing it for about 2 and a half years. Recently my host has upped their plan and I have ungodly room and bandwidth now. So I’m thinking of starting a new public board.... I enjoy administrating these things and do it more as a hobby, but here is my thing. I don't know what to put up.

I'm not thinking a car board. There are way too many and if the automotive board isn't a specific model. It will fail. These "General" car boards never get traffic.

I would do a Mopar board, but from the ones I’m on. I believe they pretty much give me my mopar information fill. So that’s out as well.

So I’m thinking. If you were to put up a board. What do you think would work.

Now, by trade I’m a computer tech. So I’m thinking maybe a computer help forum, people never seem to run out of problems with computers...

So I sit here and ask everyone here what you would like to see in an online forum.

Mustanghater is not allowed to answer ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Shakey

Perhaps an e-bay related board.

Something along the lines of what is on e-bay currently, whether it be funny or phony, interesting or foolish.

Us folks on here spend some time on e-bay and share our findings, sometimes for a laugh sometime to help one another out.

I would think that you could set up a general e-bay discussion board and discuss anything that could have anything to do with e-bay, which leaves you with countless topics.

Perhaps this has already been done?

41husk

I would love to see I services offered board.  If some one sells good rust free sheet metal, I would love to be able to go to a site and have some contact info with some feedback.  On the other hand if there is someone like fsngrl ripping people off I would like that info also.  People like 6pkrunner who does show boards and posters is good to deal with.  some places like R/t Specialties Hardens, year one etc. May even pay to advertise or link to your board.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

andy74

i always thought a board dedicated to e bay/parts swapping would be a good idea also,but im not sure how many peole you could get-kind of like an online flea market? or you could just talk about boobs all day!

41husk

Did he say a sight dedicated to boobs ??? SO it would be a political site :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

DC_1

I am all for the boob site.......whether anatomy or individuals!!!!!!!

Khyron

LOL, good ideas.....

I'm likeing the Ebay idea.

hmm......... keep em comming guys :thumbsup:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Jon Smith

How about a board relating to hot rod/muscle car culture, rather than the cars themselves, stuff like car related music,art etc

Khyron

Quote from: Jon Smith on September 16, 2005, 11:46:19 AM
How about a board relating to hot rod/muscle car culture, rather than the cars themselves, stuff like car related music,art etc

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............................ me like.

after my last [/rant] post, i'm thinking of "assholes Online" a forum about jerks at car shows, online, and in life. I bet there would be some great storys out there! lol

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

MyMopar

I LOVE this idea.  It would be great for a board to discuss the heyday, when things were cool, what things were around that aren't anymore.  Favorite hang outs and why things became popular, like the rat with the big eyeballs, the so cal shirts, etc..

Just general talk about automobila would be cool.  A for sale section where people can find the old gas pumps, learn how to restore them, and other old cool stuff like maybe plans for making a minature "gas station" out of your garage and such.

Let me know the name of the site when it is running.

Stay away from the public opinion board idea, ie what vendors are good and not because people willl trash each other.

Johnny SixPack

:iagree: Sweet!

Great idea, man. :2thumbs:

Definitely could be interesting. :cheers: O0
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Khyron

nice idea... I think this is do-able.

However <and this is not a crack> I’m a bit too young to remember the “Good ol days” so what are we looking at?

Old hangouts
Stories
Old habits die hard / Old time racing
Old Cars and their stories

General Chat “The soda shop”

Shit like that?

ohh, and a spell checker  ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Johnny SixPack

Sounds good so far! :cheers:

Maybe throw in a "Jukebox" or "Radio Station" area for music from the time period? :shruggy:

With different "stations" you could cover different genres and what not. :yesnod:

Might be kinda cool. 8)
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

andy74

sounds great! dont forget a myths/legends/bull shit about old race/street cars,like the guy who builds so much torque you cant grab a 20 dollar bill off the dash,stuff like that, or the boobs still work

Vainglory, Esq.

Ponch ®

Three words for you:

"Young wet bitches"
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

MoparYoungGun

:iagree: as well, that sounds like a really neat idea!

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Chris G.

If you want some traffic, http://forums.offtopic.com/  over 1K people in one area right now!  :o

Khyron

Quote from: Vainglory on September 16, 2005, 05:17:50 PM
Do it and I'm there!

You guys have convinced me.... I'm working on it now :D

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

ramit

Does this mean he is starting a forum about boobs or "young wet bi***es"?   ;D

Charger_Fan

Drill bits.

I could talk about those all day.

...or "problems with punch-though in the bathroom"... never mind, that one's already been tried. :eyes:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ramit

Khyron

Quote from: formula_440 on September 16, 2005, 03:23:52 PM
Sounds good so far! :cheers:

Maybe throw in a "Jukebox" or "Radio Station" area for music from the time period? :shruggy:

With different "stations" you could cover different genres and what not. :yesnod:

Might be kinda cool. 8)

Are you talking just one forum for music, or do you suggest multiple forums under a topic area?

Like this…
Hit the Jukebox
Sounds of the times. What do you listen too under the sound of that exhaust system?

or

The Jukebox
   |
   ---- Period Music
          Channel
          Your old 8 track

I’m thinking consolidate under one topic.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

Quote from: Iceman on September 16, 2005, 05:25:34 PM
how about a robotech forum>?

they have a nice one on thier site already ;)

and Off topic makes me site, too many problems and drama there :(

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.